Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I told you earlier that imprisonment = defeat, and for the latter, give me source where blizzard says that nzoth is not captured
    Wow, you fail so hard. You say "imprisonment = defeat"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)
    The Cdevs explicitly say that the Titans couldn't defeat N'zoth. No defeat = no imprisonment.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

I meant that defeat does not neccesarily mean killing, but it does not neccesarily mean imprisonment either. You need to understand that those blizz citates are incredibly vague.

I have pasted many times blizz implying that yshaarj is not really dead.

I have pasted many times blizz implying that yshaarj is not really dead.
    You mean like these:
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    What are some of the larger implications that will come into play for having a dead Old God on Pandaria, if any, and is there a chance we might get to see some form of its body?
    I'm not going to answer if we're going to see his body or not. But sort of the Old God is a lot of this negative energy that has become the Sha that still haunts and pollutes this land. Ramifications... Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

At the end of the Klaxxi questline, the mantid mentioned that at one point in time, they worshipped Y'shaarj, an old god. However, he was slain by the Titans and was split into "shadows of his former self". Is he, in some way, in relations with the Sha and will we see Y'shaarj in future content patches?
    Y'shaarj breathed love and exhaled hate, inhaled peace and breathed violence... Plus, his name was y'SHAarj. It's pretty safe to connect the dots. :smileyhappy: But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)

Garrosh brings heart of Y'shaarj back to life using the pools of Pandaria. Fortunately, the whole God isn't resurrected. (Source)
    And confirmed in game: "Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed."

"But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead." I'm no expert, but I think Kosak is trying to imply that maybe Y'shaarj isn't really dead...
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 07:59 PM.
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What's your point? That is not canon.
    It is canon and the point is clear.

I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
    He is dead. (Source)
    How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
    "What is dead may never die?" (Source)

mmo-champion news page 5

I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
    He is dead. (Source)
    How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
    "What is dead may never die?" (Source)

mmo-champion news page 5
    So, he says Y'shaarj is dead twice in those and your conclusion is that he's implying that Y'shaarj isn't dead...

Cant you comprehend anything that you read?

That guy is asking blue how old god can die, and blu answers that they are dead to begin with so they cant die

Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 08:05 PM.

Yeah and my point was that blizz contradicts itself and/or is incredibly vague. Also, that big citate goes with that the old gods are indeed dead, so you cant kill them

Yeah and my point was that blizz contradicts itself and/or is incredibly vague. Also, that big citate goes with that the old gods are indeed dead, so you cant kill them
    "What is dead may never die?" is a Game of Thrones reference. That's why it's in quotes. He was being cheeky and dismissive of the "outside the cycle" comment.

He has said repeatedly that Y'shaarj is dead.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 08:11 PM.

Its also very common phrase. I am giving up now with you. If you cant understand that, or anything at this point, you probably never.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "What is dead may never die?" is a Game of Thrones reference. That's why it's in quotes. He was being cheeky and dismissive of the "outside the cycle" comment.

He has said repeatedly that Y'shaarj is dead.
    "He was being cheeky" sounds like an assumption to me. And if he was being dismissive of the "outside the cycle" line, which occurs in multiple places in-game, maybe he shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    "He was being cheeky" sounds like an assumption to me. And if he was being dismissive of the "outside the cycle" line, which occurs in multiple places in-game, maybe he shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.
    Or they weren't thinking about it back then? "Outside the cycle" was put in during WotLK.

They even put in "Even death may die..." for the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron during Cata.

But of course, that 1 line about "outside the cycle" from 5 years ago should completely override all the times they've said recently that the Old Gods can die and have died... If you're clinging so much to "outside the cycle", consider it retconned.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 09:07 PM.

Or they weren't thinking about it back then? "Outside the cycle" was put in during WotLK.

They even put in "Even death may die..." for the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron during Cata.

But of course, that 1 line about "outside the cycle" from 5 years ago should completely override all the times they've said recently that the Old Gods can die and have died... If you're clinging so much to "outside the cycle", consider it retconned.
    Seems more likely to me that they weren't thinking about it when they were talking about it recently. I do still remember why there's a "Wildhammer Fact Checker" in the Ironforge throne room.

I've got a question that I might as well post in here since it's not really worth creating a separate thread.

On wowpedia Sargeras' size is described as: 'Sargeras is a huge being almost beyond comprehension'

How could he have fit through the tiny well of eternity?
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've got a question that I might as well post in here since it's not really worth creating a separate thread.

On wowpedia Sargeras' size is described as: 'Sargeras is a huge being almost beyond comprehension'

How could he have fit through the tiny well of eternity?
    His size was definitely comprehensible in the novels.

The power the stranger radiated swirled in glorious hues and vibrations, flowing like a cape behind him, encircling his mighty
    head with light like a crown.

--Rise of the Horde

A resounding bellow of outrage deafened the injured warrior. Through what remained of his good eye, Brox caught sight of a titanic, horned figure in molten black armor whose thick mane and beard appeared to be composed of wildly dancing flames. The orc could not make out the giant's features well enough, yet somehow knew them to be both wondrously perfect and terribly awful at the same time.
    Then, the titan raised one arm and in it Brox beheld a long, wicked sword the upper half of whose blade had been broken off. What remained was jagged and still very capable of slaying.
    Sargeras stood at the gateway. Despite the incredible forces driving his horde back into his realm, the lord of the Legion pressed forward. Slowly, surely, he reached the portal…
    But as Sargeras neared, Krasus noted a stunning thing. The demon lord was injured, albeit minutely. A small slash mark decorated his right leg, a mark that Krasus‟s keen eyes recognized as made by an ax.
    In comparison to Sargeras, both Archimonde and Mannoroth were as fleas. The power of a hundred dragons would have been as nothing to him. Had Krasus sought to strike Sargeras directly, either in the chest or head, the results would have been laughable, at least to the demon lord. That Brox had managed his miraculous attack at all said much for the power imbued in the weapon by the druid and his shan‟do.

--The Sundering

His size was definitely comprehensible in the novels.
    'The orc could not make out the giant's features well enough, yet somehow knew them to be both wondrously perfect and terribly awful at the same time.'

Love that line, thanks.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

Inb4 there was actually an old god on the nathrezim homeworld that is the source of fel energies aka the real mastermind of the burning legion.

Basically, the burning legion is akin to the faceless one, thralls used to wage war against other old gods, titans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    I remember a while back, someone posted on 4chan (reliable!) claiming to be Chris Metzen and went on to answer a lot of lore questions. Could easily have been fake, but the amount of detail and 'Metzen-talk' the guy used was huge. Anyways, one of the things he said was there was a civil war in the Burning Legion, between those loyal to Kil'Jaeden and those loyal to Sargeras. I like this. It makes the Legion have more depth and could really explain where Sargeras has been.

Speaking of which, we have no idea where he is. He was sent back to the Twisting Nether, and he has audio in game from the Wrathgate, so we know he is still alive. Perhaps he is weakened temporarily and Kil'Jaeden is taking every advantage of this. He seemed pretty damn cocky in Sunwell.

Lastly, the Universe in WoW, much like the irl one, is huge. The Pantheon are most likely doing there usual thing in some quadrant of the Universe, and haven't been alarmed of what is going on in Azeroth yet. Boring, but it explains where they are.
    That was a fake story supposed to be the theme of the unknown expansion which was then confirmed to be MoP. I was looking forward to that But it doesn't make any sense tbh. Why would any of the demons side with KJ when Sargeras is a thousand KJ's on steroids (aka you'd get slaughtered if you sided with him)? Why would KJ try and rebel against Sarg when Sarg could laugh at his power and crush him with ease? It doesn't make sense unless there was a huge retcon or event in the lore which would be immensely stupid since a normal Eredar would somehow rival the likely most powerful Titan's power.

Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    It is canon and the point is clear.
    Link the novel or the source or w/e and then I'll believe you, unless Blizzard have specifically stated it then it's not canon.

What's your point? That is not canon.
    Link the novel or the source or w/e and then I'll believe you, unless Blizzard have specifically stated it then it's not canon.
    They felt the nearness of their freedom quickly approaching. How ironic that it would be one who had once been one of the hated Titans who would prove the instrument of their release! It had taken the combined might of many Titans to even force them into captivity; after their triumphant return, there would be little effort needed to eradicate this single, arrogant creature and turn his warriors to serving their cause.
    The portal strengthened. The time when to usurp it fast approached. Most amusing, the pathetic little beings who fought the fallen Titan‟s warriors thought that they could take back the disk. Even now, the imprisoned entities could sense the dragons—the Titans‟ hounds—approaching the Well.

It's from War of the Ancients: Book 3: The Sundering.