Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Brewmaster Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    The game is pretty decent right now, nostalgia is good until its bad.
    Decent is still not good enough though, the hype sold all the copies and the people playing now is asian farmers and bots.

  2. #182
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    858
    Personally don't like the game because meh... I don't like the AH. But I will definitely play it to get through the little lore things like I did when I bought D3

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Personally don't like the game because meh... I don't like the AH. But I will definitely play it to get through the little lore things like I did when I bought D3
    from screenshots of items I saw a lot of BoA stuff, so it may be possible that the AH will be much less of a problem with the expansion. Hopefully ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.

  4. #184
    Even if Tyrael looks like the son of Obama and Forest Whitaker, I am not really convinced by this trailer.

    It's high quality for sure, but I couldn't care less about the evil angel. I've never heard of this guy, so I am not very afraid of him...

    Crusader looks decent, but not very original

  5. #185
    Dreadlord Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    911
    Awesome cinematic yet again. And finally we get the Paladin back, that excited me the most probably lol. The Reaper looks so badass as well!

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    Can't wait, awesome cinematic, blizz make a full animated movie PLEASE !!!
    i wouldnt complain if the warcraft movie was like this. The wow intro movies are kinda awesome. So a full 2-3 hour movie would be kick ass. But i would think that would take a lifetime to make

  7. #187
    hmm... after the fiasko that d3 was i think i'll pass on the expansion. imo blizzard needs to try a lot harder than this...
    i mean the formula "cool trailer-crapy game" won't work anymore. at least not for me

  8. #188
    Well having seen the trailer I'm confident that I got the best part of this expansion already, without the need to pay. Blizzard's cinematic team rule as they have done for a decade now.

  9. #189
    Trailer looks excellent but I won't be getting the xpak. This kinda is the same for me..

    hmm... after the fiasko that d3 was i think i'll pass on the expansion. imo blizzard needs to try a lot harder than this...
    i mean the formula "cool trailer-crapy game" won't work anymore. at least not for me

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    WHY in the world would they add that? It would be terrible

    Ya good call. Point and click is the way of the future, said no one ever.

  11. #191
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    SPOILER: it will be bad
    In a good way!

  12. #192
    For some reason I'm sure all these naysayers/haters will rush to buy expansion on first day. I wonder why...
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  13. #193
    Why are people hooked on the expansion because of the cinematic? I mean, yeah, it looks incredible and all but hello... the gameplay and changes are the ones that matter, not a 3 minute CGI that has nothing to do with the actual game (bear with me a little). After Diablo 3 and the disappointment it caused due to the damned RMAH dependent gameplay, people need to be cautious about what to expect... the changes they are promising are looking great... ON PAPER. We still know nothing about the system changes and how it will affect the game. I remain an optimist (one fail does not factor a pitch fork and a curse for all time in my book) but we will have to wait and see whether this will be worth it or not.

    PS: Crusader... really? I know Paladin is a huge deal in WoW but come the f--k on! We had em in D2, why is it a sin to call it that in D3... seriously.

  14. #194
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So people want soulbound items, wasd movement... why do people want Diablo to be WoW? I happen to like both... but I also like milkshakes and hot dogs, doesn't mean I want a hot dog milkshake.
    I don't know about WASD movement (I think it would be a hindrance more than anything else), however, regarding the soulbound items - Diablo 3 needs a way to get items (and gold) out of the economy. Soulbound (or rather account-bound, actually) items are one of the possibilities to do so. The other one would be ladder, but I am not a big fan of having ladder back again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No offline mode because hacks. Not just about items. Same reason you couldn't play your online chars in offline mode in D2. They'd have to make it so you need to roll a whole new char for offline play, and you could never play them online. Which sucks. It sucked in D2 as well, they wanted to avoid that shitty situation this time and since almost everyone has a net connection now, it made sense.
    Precisely. Offline mode = server code installed locally = trouble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mostly agree with your post, but D2 was completely intended to be played in a group from Hell at least (even NM can be a pain to solo for some classes). I remember people asking on the forums about how they were supposed to solo Hell as a Lightning Sorc when every 4th mob was Lightning Immune, and Blizzard said "you aren't supposed to solo Hell"*.

    *(I mean, personally I soloed Hell on most of my chars, but it involved a lot of pack skipping, immune breaking and assorted BS that clearly was not the intended way to play the game)
    Sure, but there are several important things:
    - D2 LOD didn't spring to life with 1.10 and synergies that produced extreme single-element builds. Prior to 1.10, the lack of synergies made dual-element specs much more widespread. Some specs (trapassins and FO/FB) were perfectly capable of dealing with most of the mobs. Not to mention cheese... I mean hammerdins.
    - Hell was soloed by a lot of people, including naked HC toons. The fact it is possible is making the game not tuned optimally.
    - Sure thing, Hell was designed with a group in mind. The trick is, it was designed with just that in mind. Once you had an OK group, you could just steamroll through it. We played an ironman HC group once (ironman means clearing every zone but only once and using only self-found items) and with classes selected to synergize perfectly, it was still quite easy to play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Ya good call. Point and click is the way of the future, said no one ever.
    You can also move with auto-move and rotating your mouse, which approximates WASD quite ok. Personally, that's what I do.
    Additionally, it can save you in those wth moments where clicking only gets you clicking on more mobs

  15. #195
    about loot 2.0 they say that will be available to non-D3 expansion (also the rest of the system) and i don't care

    i only care about if they delay 1.09 or even if 1.09 will exist or only when the expansion is released with patch 2.0 we will have the new loot

    Players want the new loot to start playing D3 again, don't be evil Blizzard and don't delay/cancel patch 1.09 on purpose

  16. #196
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Decent is still not good enough though, the hype sold all the copies and the people playing now is asian farmers and bots.
    So you say people have wisened up? Not least the forums here surely have sharpened people's perceptions. Especially those of the people who were having such a great time with the game that they didn't know what a shitty time they had. Poor bots and Asian farmers that are left. They have nothing to sell their stuff too then.

    So - surely everyone else has now wisened up and the x-pac will not sell at all.

    I shall be interested to read the topics however when RoS is out. And remind people that the super awesome D2 (I loved it, no question) sold 4.5 million, apparently everyone is still stoked about how great that game was - and funnily LoD (which I loved too) proceeded to sell only 1.5 million copies (which is 33%...right?). Why? Why didn't LoD sell 4.5 million like D2 when D2 was already loved by everyone?

    I am sure however that if the same happens with RoS (that it sells 33% of D3 copies) people will see that as proof of failure.
    Last edited by det; 2013-08-22 at 11:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  17. #197
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,954
    Haters are not gonna play, people who enjoyed the game are gonna buy and play. It's that simple. No matter what anyone says I'm preordering my collectors as soon as it becomes available. I don't give a damn about the trailer just want more stuff to do in the game and that new class seems interesting.

  18. #198
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    how much is it going to be.
    39.99 confrimed
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  19. #199
    I've never played a second of any diablo game but I love watching Blizz cinematics. I wish the warcraft movie was being made the same way.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I don't really understand how people can go into an Action RPG game, then complain that much of the replayability comes from farming or higher difficulties.
    Welcome to the goddamn genre?

    Might as well play CoD and whine about guns.

    PS. Since this seems to be such an alien concept:
    How many of those players who got Lord of Destruction got stuck for hundreds of hours? How many of them remained for years of Baal-farms.
    The true LoD fanatics thought D3 would be everything they loved 10 years ago and more. No wonder Blizzard actually had to keep the hype from creating a black hole.

    Personally I don't know if I'll play RoS. I defeated Diablo on Inferno and felt like I had gotten enough out of the game. Nothing wrong.
    Also, who'd like to bet on whether or not there are threads from people with too fat wallets right now on D3 forums, yelling for level cap to stay at 60?
    the problem isnt that we had to farm bosses or areas for drops.. the problem was that we DID farm for ages and still got nothing. back in d2 lod u could do 100 hell mephy kills and you'd get boatloads of items.. probably that occulus or grim shield/ tal rasha chest or shako for your sorc to drop. unique elite items werent that "unique" in a sense cause any idiot could go out and farm them. but despite their lower drop rate.. they werent really that low. high runes and runewords became the elite gear and while many people didnt have them, they still were fun to try and hunt for.

    diablo 2 was more about item hunting, it was about pvping..about lvling, and about making alts .. and the secret cow lvl... you could skip act1s first quest and instead just kill andy if u wanted to.. u still had to gather all the pieces of the staff. but the good news is.. hey you can go straight to duriel after.. same with mephisto and diablo.. and baal really.. instead of being force fed a bunch of bullshit quests that we need to complete 3x..just to progress.. theres the option to skip shit.
    my problem was never about replayablity.. its about the lack of reward.. item drop rates were insanely low, all the good rares.. were really not that good.. and legendaries.. could be awesome or terrible depending on whether they came with 1 wrong affix.. or stats way too low. did you ever hear about that strength bow in diablo 2? of course not... the bow was predetermined to have dex on it.. because things were right back then. blizz screwed up with the AH and making customers rely on it in order for any trade to even be remotely viable.. and the game suffered because of that.

    as for the trailer.. ya it really doesnt do much for me at all. i might get the game just to explore it. but after being handed the pile of shit that d3 turned out to be. im not gonna get my hopes up into thinking the expansion will be any better. atleast they are trying to fix legendaries though.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-08-22 at 01:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •