Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The power of being black in America.

All I got to say is WOW. WOW WOW

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/atlant...all-6C10971427

For anybody that missed it, the child was denied previously cause of "non-compliance" then his family cried its cause hes black and wam bam days later new heart ahead of so many other people. Just infuriates me that racist stuff like this is even possible.

Deleted
    No where in that article do I read it's because he was black, if i'm missing it please quote it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dying kid got a heart?! Terrible news, I weep for Americas future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    A dying kid got a heart?! Terrible news, I weep for Americas future.
    a non compliant dying kid aka not taking med and missing doc appointments guess you cry racism loud enough you get what you want
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    No where in that article do I read it's because he was black, if i'm missing it please quote it.
    If you haven't followed the story no need to comment.

Deleted
    just 10 days after his family complained he was unfairly rejected for a transplant because of past failure to take medicine and show up for doctors' appointments, local media reported.
    I wouldn't say it's because he's black.

Gets a heart within a few days?

Either this is a pretty big coincidence, or the hospital is playing favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    a non compliant dying kid aka not taking med and missing doc appointments guess you cry racism loud enough you get what you want
    He is a kid, kids are stupid. I missed appointments all the time when I was young. I'm sure he'll smarten up now, considering that without treatment he'll probably die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    If you haven't followed the story no need to comment.
    Wow, seriously?

If you're going to make a thread about a news article, and state something you have to back it up.

But I guess i'm not allowed to discuss it since I've not heard about it before, which is usually what linking the article is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now some other responsible person is dead without a heart available for transplant because of him. Or not, how would I know?

15+ Year Old Account
    He is a kid, kids are stupid. I missed appointments all the time when I was young. I'm sure he'll smarten up now, considering that without treatment he'll probably die.
    you can possible be this much of a fool do you fail to understand how rare hearts are? the fact that the kid miss appointments for something this serious not to mention was multiple times in trouble with the law he didnt deserve a heart should have went to someone who actually idk gives 2 shits about their life
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Yeah...so I must have missed where anyone mentioned his race in either that link, the video on that page, or the other link on that page.

I hate it when people hide behind "rasicm" on everything. The only reason the hospital would prefer the kid after him QQing is because they didn't want to get known as the "racist hospital". It's stupid how you can skip lines, making people who need it just as badly as anyone else, wait even longer than they initally should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    you can possible be this much of a fool do you fail to understand how rare hearts are? the fact that the kid miss appointments for something this serious not to mention was multiple times in trouble with the law he didnt deserve a heart should have went to someone who actually idk gives 2 shits about their life
    How quick you are to say who is deserving of life and who isn't. I guess it is a good thing for this child that you weren't in the position to make that decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I hate it when people hide behind "rasicm" on everything. The only reason the hospital would prefer the kid after him QQing is because they didn't want to get known as the "racist hospital". It's stupid how you can skip lines, making people who need it just as badly as anyone else, wait even longer than they initally should.
    Here's someone who didn't read the article, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read up about this before adding snarky comments.

The reason this is a thing:

"Melencia Hamilton says a hospital is refusing to place her dying teenage son on a heart transplant list because of “a history of non-compliance” that she believes is unfair."

http://www.today.com/health/mom-teen...nce-6C10904077

The above link talks about why he was originally not put to the top of the transplant list.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    How quick you are to say who is deserving of life and who isn't. I guess it is a good thing for this child that you weren't in the position to make that decision.
    yeah the idiot not taking his meds and ditching the appointments totally deserves one of the hardest organs to get love your logic there
    Get your shit together

People on MMO-Champion....Getting worse everyday.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah...so I must have missed where anyone mentioned his race in either that link, the video on that page, or the other link on that page.
    Yeah, it's all speculation.

No one commenting was part of the transplant committee. Maybe there were racial motivations, or maybe they asked the 8 ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).