Poll: Do you think realm first achievements should be removed from the game?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Now why would you want to shoo me away from the forums?
    Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    He wouldnt stick around trolling the forums if he didnt. Its jaylock, its what we've come to expect out of him. We've tried to shoo him away, it just doesnt work.
    He wouldnt stick around trolling the forums if he didnt.
    trolling the forums
    trolling
    troll
    Seemed obvious to me

OT: FoS have almost no impact on the game. Just leave them be. No reason to change what is not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeaze View Post
    My biggest reason for looking forward to a new expansion is just that, the race to being first (=
    I love it, I prepare, I have fun. And afterwards I sleep. And it gives me a headstart when the first tier gets released.
    Exactly, I was looking forward to practicing on beta with a friend and going for 2 class firsts. I really hope they don't take away the leveling ones atleast. When MoP released racing for Server First was the most fun thing i've done in this game.

Do you usually try for the realm first achievements when a new expansion comes out? Because if you dont, it shouldnt matter to you.
    Jaylock

You're not even close to attempting a realm first so using your own logic how does it matter to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Wont they go away with the new joined realm deal anyhow? Otherwise will it be first in the joined set or first in the local realm? Neither makes sense
    The removal of Realm Firsts has only been speculation, but the chances are it won't happen. The realms are still separate, and it is very easy for Blizzard to determine which realm you're originally from, and award the achievements respectively.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "to a select few people"

Are you serious?

Let's also ban planes because only a "a select few people" can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MathAddict View Post
    Ahem...

Seemed obvious to me

OT: FoS have almost no impact on the game. Just leave them be. No reason to change what is not broken.

If you think im trolling then thats your problem. I'm being completely serious, and wanted to hear the community's views on the subject. I believe it has been brought up before, but I couldn't find the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should be removed. It doesn't effect me at all if someone wants to shoot for something.

Misleading poll that leads to two different answers, giving HIGHLY inaccurate results. If this weren't a Jaylock thread, I would say it were an honest mistake.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of a ban at MMO-C, if you let them back? If I kick a disruptive dipshit out of my house, there's no way in hell I would allow them back in. Of course, I'm not an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Jaylock

You're not even close to attempting a realm first so using your own logic how does it matter to you?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...168:14805:a698

Whats the achievement date say there on that sunwell plateau achievement?

Also I havent played that character since the beginning of pandaland, and I dont ever care to go for realm firsts. I still can have an opinion about them cant I? I just think they are pointless. The real question, why does it matter to you that it matters to me?

hey, look, another jaytard topic

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-08-22 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people enjoy going for them, doesn't affect me, who am I to take away that enjoyment?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You could literally make that argument for any aspect of any game. Look guys I got heroic thunderforged gear, look guys I have gladiator in my title, look guys I'm 13/13 heroic ToT. Achievements are in place to add depth to the game, and it has been very much successful, for me anyway. A reason to visit zones I otherwise would not and something to do when I would otherwise have nothing to do.
    I wasn't picking fault with it, more mocking his derision at it.

I used to be quite an achievement collector myself, I like collecting epeen wavery things (mostly mounts/pets nowadays).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...168:14805:a698

Whats the achievement date say there on that sunwell plateau achievement?

Also I havent played that character since the beginning of pandaland, and I dont ever care to go for realm firsts. I still can have an opinion about them cant I? I just think they are pointless. The real question, why does it matter to you that it matters to me?
    Well if you think they are pointless, why are you bothering to even start a thread about them...other than to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    Well if you think they are pointless, why are you bothering to even start a thread about them...other than to troll.
    The sunwell achievement is not a realm first achievement... just an achievement.... I thought that would be obvious to you, but i guess not.

Deleted
    Do you think it would be a good idea to remove realm first achievements from the game? As they are now, they dont really do anything than give bragging rights to a select few people. Like for instance remove all the dumb ones from the game at the start of every expansion:

aka realm first fishing

blacksmithing

.. etc any of the profession ones.

Also realm first level 100 player, or realm first race / class. I think its pretty pointless because it just makes people get burned out quickly because they are just trying to be the first there, even though someone else could be the same level / level profession like 2 seconds later.
    If people want to aim for the realm first achievements, let them do it.

If they get "burned out" because of it, it's their own fault.

I personally dont mind them being in the game.

Are you one of those QQ'ers because you never manage to get any of them?

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they get rid of them, all they serve is to show people who rushed content.

I have Realm First!: Level 80 Warrior and Realm First!: Blacksmithing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ah playing THAT kind of argument. I counter with, the real question being, why does it matter to you that it matters to him that it matters to you?
    Why would any of this matter to you? You are a new player in the debate, so why ask why?

Also, please try to stay on topic.

Also it looks like more people want them removed than want them to stay in. Of course I again acknowledge the sampling size and error, but the results are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiKage View Post
    If people want to aim for the realm first achievements, let them do it.

If they get "burned out" because of it, it's their own fault.

I personally dont mind them being in the game.

Are you one of those QQ'ers because you never manage to get any of them?
    Well they get burned out, then they whine that there is no content in the game because they consumed it in 2 days.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The achievements should stay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Yes please. Dumb the game down more. It's too hard to work at something to get a realm first. If I can't get it, nobody should! /Rolleyes
    What a stupid thing to say. Ugh. Removing realm firsts has zero impact on the depth of the game. It just means people wont schedule a week off work anymore to play WoW hardcore at the start of an expansion so they can get an achievement that basically means nothing to anyone. I couldn't even tell you who was realm first X class on mine.

I honestly wouldn't care either way. I'm more inclined to say "no" to the poll because I don't think realm firsts (aside from raiding ones on *BUSY* and competitive servers) really indicate anything other than the fact you have a lot of time and nothing else more pressing to do IRL.

On my own there is a single guild that raids near enough 5 days a week so they would be the only people ever going for that realm first (everyone else is 2, if that, and very casual). Are they good? Not especially (no ToT heroic clear yet) but given a few more months to bash their heads I'm sure they would get it regardless of a lack of real skill. I don't think people like that deserve special credit for being the only guild on a dead server.

Then we also have the whole problem of precedent, bans and revoking stuff. The lust for "first" makes people do questionable things, and Blizzard have shown in the past that they aren't consistent with who gets punished and who doesn't. No more firsts, World/EU raiding aside, would remove a lot of the drama.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-08-21 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The result of a screwed poll? Have you bothered reading the replies where basically you are the only one wanting them removed?

Also, if you don't see the point in them and think they should be removed, why did you feel the need to wave your sunwell achievement date around?