Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How tough are the Timeless Isle mobs?

For those of you on the PTR I pose that question to you.

I normally run solo with my Enhance shaman (517 item level) is it going to be possible to solo mobs (not rares) there or am I going to need a group?

I have heard some people say how tough the mobs are but only passing I would like some details = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    The majority of mobs were nerfed severely in a recent push. You will be able to solo all but the crimson firescales, and a lot of the Ordon around the legendary cape place. All other mobs you should be fine with, the biggest turtles might be a bit rough, but should be manageable. All rares 'cept a couple (Archerius) are soloable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    The majority of mobs were nerfed severely in a recent push. You will be able to solo all but the crimson firescales, and a lot of the Ordon around the legendary cape place. All other mobs you should be fine with, the biggest turtles might be a bit rough, but should be manageable. All rares 'cept a couple (Archerius) are soloable too.
    Thanks man. That is good to hear I was about to just right the Timeless Island off as a loss and go back to playing Secret World.

I had just read that really only the pet classes could solo em. I am betting that was pre nerf though.

nearly everything is solo'able in the world if you know how to play your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I am a competent player but I wouldn't call myself exceptionally skilled. Example I am sure that those dinos on Isle of Giants can be done solo. However they make dino poo out of my enhance shaman. My lock on the other hand can solo a decent amount of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to solo all of the mobs on the island fairly comfortably in Windwalker spec before this nerf that Ryken is talking about, though I had about 535 ilvl at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I am a competent player but I wouldn't call myself exceptionally skilled. Example I am sure that those dinos on Isle of Giants can be done solo. However they make dino poo out of my enhance shaman. My lock on the other hand can solo a decent amount of them.
    How are elemental shaman compared to enhancement shaman right now regarding soloing elites like that? I haven't touched my shaman since the end of Wrath and I'm considering leveling him next.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    How are elemental shaman compared to enhancement shaman right now regarding soloing elites like that? I haven't touched my shaman since the end of Wrath and I'm considering leveling him next.
    I find I am able to solo a decent amount of things as enhance, specially with the tier bonus reducing the cool down of spectral wolves. I have elemental as a off spec and have more trouble soloing things in that spec aka I suck at it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    and have upgraded thunderforged normal gear?

That's normally what people mean.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    and have upgraded thunderforged normal gear?

That's normally what people mean.
    Lol or play a warlock /prances around pull like 40 mobs and I won't die

WOOooo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post

WOOooo
    My DK is still the easiest mob grinding class for me. Lock, second. But I only play demonology.

10+ Year Old Account

WOOooo
    My brother gave me his warlock a few days ago. It's so funny. You are almost immortal.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    My brother gave me his warlock a few days ago. It's so funny. You are almost immortal.
    I switch to my rogue and I nearly almost die if I pull 3+ mobs wtf lol made me /cry

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I switch to my rogue and I nearly almost die if I pull 3+ mobs wtf lol made me /cry
    For the utmost in sadness, check out your boomkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the utmost in sadness, check out your boomkin.
    I honestly did not understand you lol

I was killing everything on a pre-made mage with the Flasktaur PvP gear with no enchants or gems. It's not that bad.

My DK is still the easiest mob grinding class for me. Lock, second. But I only play demonology.
    Go go Howling Blast spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    When you're saying they're easily soloable... what itemLevel should one have? Because I guess it makes a difference whether you're itemLevel is 420 or 520.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    My ele shaman has been able to burn through pretty much everything pre-nerf, but I had a 530+ ilvl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    When you're saying they're easily soloable... what itemLevel should one have? Because I guess it makes a difference whether you're itemLevel is 420 or 520.
    Yeah, I feel bummed for the people who are minimally geared.

At least with Barrens it is possible to grind mobs one at a time or 20 at a time or even in some cases (druid flight form) 0 at a time and get your 600 resources. But it is still a hugely different experience depending on your class and gear. I'm not really sure that's a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Go go Howling Blast spam.
    Never played frost. I pull 10-30 of the Barrens mobs as LFR hero geared blood, unless I accidentally pull more. Slow and steady but not all that slow really.