Thread: Garrosh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5porWF-ycw

how you can pad and achieve high parses. from a retard that only cares about dps.

site is good to judge, still you need to look at logs at the end of the day, this far when progression is over long time ago logs are filled with ppl padding isnt a good tool. 1st month of a patch is a better use for that tool. i wish they would change some of their ranking into percentiles rather than position in ranks as percentiles are a better way to see someone being good no matter when he did it.

the site isnt bad is the best site i seen ever when looking for other players, matter of fact is really good to see if anyone in your guild is trying to aply, unless he is aplying on a level 1 alt.

the best thing is the player apps browser, best thing ever.

the ranking on dps is allright not the best of all but is a good site to use even if you really want to review logs cause it give you a direct links to armory, logs and other things.

- - - Updated - - -

all this side talking and we still really bad in terms of dps. the patch got pushed 2 weeks and for the looks our dps will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm not wrong though. How exactly would you, with a quick glance, decide if a player was worth anything? Anyone can gem and enchant correct after reading a guide. The only way to find out if the person is even remotely capable of playing his or her class as a DPS, is through evaluating output. This site ranks the people with the consistently highest output across every fight. How is that not a good way to get a quick idea if a person is good or not?
    I'm not claiming that there's any significant difference between top 5 or top 50 on the site - its quite clear that every person who manages to get "ranked" on there are a capable player, and you can look into the person to find his/her strengths and weaknesses (EG are alot of high ranks achived through whoring).
    But, as I have said multiple times - if you know of a better tool, please share it with the rest of us :s?
    You're really not getting the point here are you? This site ranks players (and, check your post, you called them the best) only on DPS. Obviously I know that logs is the best way to check someones performance, but on a site like that, where the DPS for each fight is added, is simply nothing but a joke since everyone can meterpad by asking for tricks/frenzies/solo AoE etc. What I've been trying to get is that you, and many other people, will take a site like this way too seriously, and go around calling the top of it the best. I can name ten DK's who are not on the top ten DK list on that site that would eat the top ten excluding Tegu for breakfast.

Just take extasz who mentioned this site: He actually used examples of the two hunters and called them "rank two and six on Pro Raiders". The only thing they were ranked on was their DPS on a tier they have gotten used to. How well will they do on progress, when no one is used to the fights?

Tl;dr: Loggs are amazing to analyze how good a player is, but simply ranking people and calling them the best thanks to their DPS is beyond wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You're really not getting the point here are you? This site ranks players (and, check your post, you called them the best) only on DPS. Obviously I know that logs is the best way to check someones performance, but on a site like that, where the DPS for each fight is added, is simply nothing but a joke since everyone can meterpad by asking for tricks/frenzies/solo AoE etc. What I've been trying to get is that you, and many other people, will take a site like this way too seriously, and go around calling the top of it the best. I can name ten DK's who are not on the top ten DK list on that site that would eat the top ten excluding Tegu for breakfast.

Just take extasz who mentioned this site: He actually used examples of the two hunters and called them "rank two and six on Pro Raiders". The only thing they were ranked on was their DPS on a tier they have gotten used to. How well will they do on progress, when no one is used to the fights?

Tl;dr: Loggs are amazing to analyze how good a player is, but simply ranking people and calling them the best thanks to their DPS is beyond wrong.
    With "the best", I didn't mean the best OF the top 50, but the top 50 there in general. If you are outside of it, you have ALOT of catching up to do before you can claim yourself as "one of the best" - mainly because it ranks you on ALL fights (so getting a rank 1 on tortos because of bat-aoe while barely ranking on anything else will never get you up there). I cant control how other people refer to it, but I dont doubt that there is not alot of difference between the top 10 and the top 50 of that list. Its down to luck on trinkets in alot of cases, and some have a slightly better rank on a whore boss than others, that puts them in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    With "the best", I didn't mean the best OF the top 50, but the top 50 there in general. If you are outside of it, you have ALOT of catching up to do before you can claim yourself as "one of the best" - mainly because it ranks you on ALL fights (so getting a rank 1 on tortos because of bat-aoe while barely ranking on anything else will never get you up there). I cant control how other people refer to it, but I dont doubt that there is not alot of difference between the top 10 and the top 50 of that list. Its down to luck on trinkets in alot of cases, and some have a slightly better rank on a whore boss than others, that puts them in front.
    i think his point is that this late of a patch this site lose credibility. at the start of a patch most top hunters dont even get to go since most top guild hide their wol.

is a good tool if you know how to use it, is bad if you just go there and look at your numbers, omg in number 1 MM hunter, lol GJ.

we were looking for mages and came accross some really really geared mages with good numbers thing is they were all frost. this is why this site is bad if you dont know how to use it.

Just because some people don't know how to use it, doesn't make the site bad.. It's the same with looking at logs/raidbots/sims.. some people misinterpret all those tools but that doesn't discredit them..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    To clarify : I tried 2 full parses to ONLY AOE...no traps, no MDs, just stick on the boss and aoe down adds. The highest i came was 8th, while the rest of the raid was killing weapons, and basicaly playing properly. Im sorry but if anyone thinks i cant spam multishot, its offensive to my intellect. The funny thing was even as 8th , i was around 10% behind the 7th and we didnt even have our best possible setup.

Edit: for maximum scumbag i was specced into barrage + fervor as BM. Barrage + ToTH as Survival, on the parses where hunters were on egineers, as mentioned strongly competing for spots 14 to 16.
    Why would your guild put hunters on engineers, did you not have any mages?