Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Where's your evidence that this is a DPS loss? Are you talking only for PvP? (I know nothing about how PvP is, so do excuse me - my reply is purely PvE-oriented)
    This looks to me like a change to balance us around the 4pc and around such high crit levels that we will hit come 5.4.
    There are any number of threads on this. The long and short of it is that you know its a nerf because the 4set counteracts the nerf. But yes, on any fight with I think 3 adds or more this is a big nerf. I'm not good at theorycrafting or math but if you take a gander at the moonkin changes in 5.4 to read all the math you want to know about this nerf.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    The big showdown

VS

Ferals in 10mans is realistic imo even in high end but then it's always little bit of downside when not having a rouge (From what I've heard i'm personally a 25man Feral) I don't think you should solo make your judgement on sim results :-)
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-08-30 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    The big showdown

VS

Ferals in 10mans is realistic imo even in high end but then it's always little bit of downside when not having a rouge (From what I've heard i'm personally a 25man Feral) I don't think you should solo make your judgement on sim results :-)
    Like always Etapicx. You have a positive and fun way to look at a situation. Thanks for this. Brightened my day!

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There are any number of threads on this. The long and short of it is that you know its a nerf because the 4set counteracts the nerf. But yes, on any fight with I think 3 adds or more this is a big nerf. I'm not good at theorycrafting or math but if you take a gander at the moonkin changes in 5.4 to read all the math you want to know about this nerf.

But let's talk about actually playing the game. Anyone who has actually done any testing on PTR knows it's not a big deal. It's not a "big nerf". Shooting stars procs plenty!
    I don't even notice a difference, other than the fact that less procs are being wasted than on live right now...
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    But let's talk about actually playing the game. Anyone who has actually done any testing on PTR knows it's not a big deal. It's not a "big nerf". Shooting stars procs plenty!
    I don't even notice a difference, other than the fact that less procs are being wasted than on live right now...
    They talk about this exact thing around page 48 or page 49 on the balance changes. Below is some math that someone posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    To give you an idea of what sort of difference we're talking about -- 12 DOTs in 5.3 is expected to proc ~24 times in a 25sec window. Since CA is used, we can cut down the window by the number of GCDs saved (6)... so... 24 procs in 19sec. Given no SS changes and 4pc included...we'd expected 30 procs! We're expecting 10 procs in 19sec in 5.4 (12 procs with 4pc) for the same situation. It seems like the multi-dotting niche is dead, though my numbers seemed strong on the PTR test...it's only CA carrying me (the fight itself is design well for a CA opener. It's not that the damage is low, it's just a complete playstyle change (less SS procs than T14 basically). For a band-aid fix, it's not bad...I just hope this doesn't become the multi-dotting model in 6.0
    Expecting 30 procs currently, after patch we're down to 10. That seems like a gigantic nerf bat to the face to me.

Someone else posted the below in terms of damage compared to other classes.
    1 target: Good
    2 targets: Great
    3 targets: good
    4 targets: mediocre
    5 targets: meh
    6+ targets: QQ

Signature Created by Jassinta