1. #1

    How much per hour does WoW cost?

    As the title says

    Work out how much WoW costs you per hour of game time

    I reckon I play on average for 2-3 hours a day (some days more some less...) - I pay $15 a month (works out cheaper if I unsubscribe anytime...)

    So....roughly 90 hours play per month for $15 = 17c per hour (15/90 )- not bad for entertainment sakes

    How do you work out?

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    How do you work out?
    200x crunches
    300x clap push ups
    1000x pull ups

    then I go back on WoW

  3. #3
    Actually your figures aren't exactly correct anyway, while your not playing your game time is still ticking it doesn't stop because you logged out. So, the per hour cost is actually considerably lower.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Actually your figures aren't exactly correct anyway, while your not playing your game time is still ticking it doesn't stop because you logged out. So, the per hour cost is actually considerably lower.
    He's quite clearly working out the effective cost - everyone gets charged the same amount (near enough) per month regardless of how many hours they put into the game, meaning that a person who plays 1 hour a day is effectively paying more per hour than the person playing 3 hours a day. So yes, in this context, his figures are correct.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Actually your figures aren't exactly correct anyway, while your not playing your game time is still ticking it doesn't stop because you logged out. So, the per hour cost is actually considerably lower.
    +1

    Actual cost is about .02 per hour. That doesn't take into account the cost of electricity, Internet, rent etc that you need in order to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    +1

    Actual cost is about .02 per hour. That doesn't take into account the cost of electricity, Internet, rent etc that you need in order to play.
    Pfssscht, dirty casuals paying rent to play the game!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    200x crunches
    300x clap push ups
    1000x pull ups

    then I go back on WoW
    Kudo's sir...if that was what I had to do before I played then I think I'd manage WoW once every few months....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Actually your figures aren't exactly correct anyway, while your not playing your game time is still ticking it doesn't stop because you logged out. So, the per hour cost is actually considerably lower.
    Always has to be someone doesn't there....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •