10+ Year Old Account

Problems with IOS Security key

I'm trying to get a mobile authenticator linked to my account, however I've been running into some problems.

When I open my authenticator app, it asks for a serial code (7 digit), however, when I check the website, it also asks me for the same code, and tells me i can find it in the mobile app.

I've been looking up on the issue but haven't found a real solution. It seems that it's been bugging since 2011 though. :s
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Are you a subscriber at the moment? If not then you cannot use a mobile authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you a subscriber at the moment? If not then you cannot use a mobile authenticator.
    Although if you add one while you are a subscriber, it'll stay there if you unsub. And you still get the monthly CC for it.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Although if you add one while you are a subscriber, it'll stay there if you unsub. And you still get the monthly CC for it.
    Yup. Kinda silly that the mobile authenticator is essentially $15 while the physical one is $5 + shipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed just before I tried to add the security key, maybe it hadn't registered yet. Works like a charm now, thanks for the help.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!