Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The Horde's new elite?

    For years Thrall guarded himself with the fiercest orc warriors in the Valley of Spirits, his Kor'kron Elite. A sort of praetorian guard or kingsguard for the Warchief who primely guarded him but would also go on expeditions at his command to oversee Horde affairs. Over time they came to include the other races.

    Under the leadership of Saurfang they were a respected and feared but still an honorable and wise organization, and after Saurfang's departure to Nagrand to grieve for his only child their honor and wisdom were replaced with the zealotry, ambition, ruthlessness and the single minded will of the new Warchief as we see in the Barrens; and their new leader Malkorok is their exemplar.

    In light of the recent difficulties of the "True Horde", an almost entirely Orcish Horde that relies on the ferocity and skill of the Kor'kron and stolen artifacts rather than raw numbers, how can we expect the new Warchief to handle this organization? Surely turning on its own people, the systematic execution of Darkspear, the lock down of Undercity, the betrayal of the entire rest of the Horde... any respect they had is gone. I've come up with three likelyhoods, feel free to suggest your own:

    1. New Panracial Horde Force
    An elite force that comprises of representatives of every race of the Horde would serve as a check to ensure that whoever the new Warchief is, they can't turn the Horde's fiercest warriors on their own as Garrosh did with the Darkspear.

    2. Orcish Kor'kron Redemption
    Saurfang seems to have survived and Malkorok likely will not. Putting Saurfang in charge again would allow the Kor'kron to redeem themselves and rise to their former glory.

    3. Warchief's Faction Sworn
    Thrall's original choice of an entirely orcish Kor'kron was likely not because he distrusted the other races, but because he knew his orcs, they'd been with him longer and would feel at home at his side. But Thrall isn't alone and the new Warchief whoever they are will have this option as well. Lor'themar has his Farstriders and the lines of Spellbreakers outside Sunfury Spire, Sylvanas has her Deathstalkers and Royal Dreadguard, Baine keeps a Sunwalker entourage, even Gallywix has The Gob Squad and as for Vol'Jin, well if the Siame-Quashi he brought to Zul'Aman didn't scream secret police then nothing will.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2013-08-22 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    For years Thrall guarded himself with the fiercest orc warriors in the Valley of Spirits, his Kor'kron Elite. A sort of praetorian guard or kingsguard for the Warchief who primely guarded him but would also go on expeditions at his command to oversee Horde affairs. Over time they came to include the other races.

    Under the leadership of Saurfang they were a respected and feared but still an honorable and wise organization, and after Saurfang's departure to Nagrand to grieve for his only child their honor and wisdom were replaced with the zealotry, ambition, ruthlessness and the single minded will of the new Warchief as we see in the Barrens; and their new leader Malkorok is their exemplar.

    In light of the recent difficulties of the "True Horde", an almost entirely Orcish Horde that relies on the ferocity and skill of the Kor'kron and stolen artifacts rather than raw numbers, how can we expect the new Warchief to handle this organization? Surely turning on its own people, the systematic execution of Darkspear, the lock down of Undercity, the betrayal of the entire rest of the Horde... any respect they had is gone. I've come up with three likelyhoods, feel free to suggest your own:

    1. New Panracial Horde Force
    An elite force that comprises of representatives of every race of the Horde would serve as a check to ensure that whoever the new Warchief is, they can't turn the Horde's fiercest warriors on their own as Garrosh did with the Darkspear.

    2. Orcish Kor'kron Redemption
    Saurfang seems to have survived and Malkorok likely will not. Putting Saurfang in charge again would allow the Kor'kron to redeem themselves and rise to their former glory.

    3. Warchief's Faction Sworn
    Thrall's original choice of an entirely orcish Kor'kron was likely not because he distrusted the other races, but be wise he knew his orcs, they'd been with him longer and would feel at home at his side. But Thrall isn't alone and the new Warchief whoever they are will have this option as well. Lor'themar has his Farstriders and the lines of Spellbreakers outside Sunfury Spire, Sylvanas has her Deathstalkers and Royal Dreadguard, Baine keeps a Sunwalker entourage, even Gallywix has The Gob Squad and as for Vol'Jin, well if the Siame-Quashi he brought to Zul'Aman didn't scream secret police then nothing will.
    Can't see two happening, even if they seek redemption, there probably aren't many left after Siege.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  3. #3
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,749
    I'd imagine it'll be a mixture of number 1 and number 3.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  4. #4
    number 1 seems like us the heros would be guys who wouldn't let another garrosh happen. We're killing garrosh aren't we?

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,254
    a mixed set of guards, maybe give each race a general rank in the horde as a representative council to the warchief.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week The Fappening; jennifer lawrence's private images leaked all over the internet?

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where the wind carry my wings
    Posts
    317
    I think Sylvanas should propose a elite abomination force, that could be posted everywhere in Orgrimmar to watch for orcish treacherous activities ! Revenge for the aftermath of Wrathgate !

    Seriously, I think there will be a new Korkron order, like the late one but cleansed of its nefarious elements. It's more open for good storytelling than a consensual panracial force.

  7. #7
    We're killing garrosh aren't we?
    We gonna fight against Garrosh, but is it really confirmed that he will die during the Siege? Last time I heared were that he would escape before the final KB.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    We gonna fight against Garrosh, but is it really confirmed that he will die during the Siege? Last time I heared were that he would escape before the final KB.
    Yes. He dies. In particularly graphic fashion.

  9. #9
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,707
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    An elite force that comprises of representatives of every race of the Horde would serve as a check to ensure that whoever the new Warchief is, they can't turn the Horde's fiercest warriors on their own as Garrosh did with the Darkspear.
    That is very contradictory
    The whole point of the Kor'kron are to protect and serve the Warchief loyally

    This suggestion pretty much puts the Warchief as a 'hostage' of this force. Much like the Pratorian Guard of Rome, where they frequently changed Emperors based on their own wishes
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  10. #10
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,551
    I would imagine the new "Kor'kron" to be made up of all the races of the Horde.

    Garrosh brought about the whole Orcs = True Horde and if anything, the racial leaders will want to erase the image of a specific race being superior to the other races of the Horde. Even the elite guard should symbolize that they are all one.

    This could also open up some interesting plotting. Such as, for example, if Sylvanas were to go full Garrosh and (secretly) decide that the Undead = True Horde, she could have spies in the "Kor'kron".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Yes. He dies. In particularly graphic fashion.
    Do you have a source for that?

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,947
    Their job is to serve the warchief and that is what they are doing. They will be just as loyal to the next warchief and the one after that.

    They aren't going anywhere.

    Words to live by.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    That is very contradictory
    The whole point of the Kor'kron are to protect and serve the Warchief loyally

    This suggestion pretty much puts the Warchief as a 'hostage' of this force. Much like the Pratorian Guard of Rome, where they frequently changed Emperors based on their own wishes
    It's not contradictory at all. It's the point. They'll do whatever the Warchief wants, except turn on their own people. If the strength of the Warchief's Kor'kron is subject to waning because they would abandon or kill him before they would butcher their own people (as Saurfang promised to do) then he'll think twice about fighting the Horde. Yet, because the new Kor'kron would comprise of /all/ factions they wouldn't be an entity that chose/threatened the Warchief because they would represent each race's specific interests. Do you understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    -snippity snip- ...if Sylvanas were to go full Garrosh and (secretly) decide that the Undead = True Horde, she could have spies in the "Kor'kron".

    Do you have a source for that?
    Yeah a Panracial Kor'kron would be spies for their sub-factions for sure, and yes, please post your source Drilnos.

    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Their job is to serve the warchief and that is what they are doing. They will be just as loyal to the next warchief and the one after that.

    They aren't going anywhere.
    Nazgrim and pretty much only Nazgrim could claim that. The bloodthirsty overzealous ones in the Barrens and Malkorok weren't doing it because they had to or because it was their duty, they did it because they wanted to and they enjoyed it.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2013-08-22 at 07:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Number 1 and 3 mixed imo.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,447
    Kor'kron under Thrall was a royal guard more or less. Kor'kron under Garrosh was the SS. Garrosh's Kor'kron has been and will continue to be slaughtered in droves to the point where their numbers and existence as Garrosh intended is likely not going to continue following the siege. Whatever the new Warchief has will probably return to the old Kor'kron and hand selected members will most likely be those who joined the rebellion. Kor'kron isn't a Horde institution it's an Orcish one.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    I base it on the fact that his lootable corpse consists of nothing but his shoulderpads, which become embedded in his body during the fight's final phase. This indicates he's going to explode. Furthermore, what he says upon defeat has been datamined. The tone of his voice is not one of a healthy orc.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I base it on the fact that his lootable corpse consists of nothing but his shoulderpads, which become embedded in his body during the fight's final phase. This indicates he's going to explode. Furthermore, what he says upon defeat has been datamined. The tone of his voice is not one of a healthy orc.
    Oh okay, I was afraid you had credible information there for a second. Sure, good info for speculating anyway, but don't assume a man grumbling at the end of a fight and taking his shoulder pads off means "Yes. He dies. In particularly graphic fashion" beyond the shadow of a doubt; else every NFL locker room would need a fleet of Hearses after the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Kor'kron under Thrall was a royal guard more or less. Kor'kron under Garrosh was the SS. Garrosh's Kor'kron has been and will continue to be slaughtered in droves to the point where their numbers and existence as Garrosh intended is likely not going to continue following the siege. Whatever the new Warchief has will probably return to the old Kor'kron and hand selected members will most likely be those who joined the rebellion. Kor'kron isn't a Horde institution it's an Orcish one.
    Correction, the Horde & Kor'kron /were/ initially Orcish institutions, and they evolved over time to include other races. Hence why Orgrim's Hammer in Icecrown was host to Troll Kor'kron reavers. And why in the Krasarang Wilds there are Tauren, Blood Elf and Forsaken Kor'kron today.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Oh okay, I was afraid you had credible information there for a second. Sure, good info for speculating anyway, but don't assume a man grumbling at the end of a fight and taking his shoulder pads off means "Yes. He dies. In particularly graphic fashion" beyond the shadow of a doubt; else every NFL locker room would need a fleet of Hearses after the game.
    That didn't sound like any grumble I ever heard of. What it did sound like was an extremely stereotypical melodramatic death rattle. But point taken. To be perfectly honest I had picked it up through hearsay on these forums, and finding an actual source took me quite a while. Now you might not find it credible, but I don't have any dog in the Garrosh fight whatsoever, and based on what I found I will be very, very, very, very surprised if he lives past the raid.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Balager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    352
    I can just see it:

    Warchief Vol'Jin: So what do we replace da Kor'Kron with. Da Horde be needing an army.

    Lorewalker Cho: If I may have a suggestion Warchief I would suggest a vast army of Forsaken Monks trained by the Banshee Queen.

    Sylvanas: Me? I am honored by this...

    Lorewalker Cho: It is not an honor my child. I just believe it is you who would benefit most from the teachings of the monks.

    Warchief Vol'Jin: Agreed. She needs balance and discipline more than anyone. I have learned a lot from the Shado Pan. It would help her as well.

  19. #19
    Elite Sappers dispatched by Gallywix.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Yes. He dies. In particularly graphic fashion.
    I really hope you are wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •