Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    omg I knew it. High elves playable next expansion!
    Uh, this novel (written for TBC) explains how the Blood Knights came to be. How do you come to such conclusion?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Excellent, more blood elven propaganda ...

    You could say that in the time that these events elapsed, all they were still uncorrupted High Elves, however we must not judge them by past events, but by the acts that they eventually performed.

    In the end all of them became blood elf traitors ...



    Of course, Anasterian Sunstrider was the best leader that the High Elves ever had, a leader loyal to their allies, a hero of the Alliance.

    Let us pay a tribute to Anasterian, the last true King of the Quel'dorei, Glory to the Alliance! Alleria will continue his legacy ...
    you do not know the lore of the high elves and insurance is not reading the novella.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    omg I knew it. High elves playable next expansion!
    This novella is about the Blood Elves, but it would be nice to have high elves as subgenus Blood Elf one I support

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Are you serious? I really can't tell with you. >.<

    As with most elf-related lore, I think it would do you some good to actually read up on what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yes let Alleria continue his legacy, looking down on humans, treating them with disdain and leaving the alliance for good, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    um... what? you mean the same king who thought that quel'thalas was invincible and told the alliance to to go f themselves because it wasnt their problem until the amani joined the orcs and burned down their forests?
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You know at this point I'm an advocate of a full blown High Elf genocide with Alleria getting stabbed multiple times simply to put an end to your posts.

    Is this story unique to the short stories collection being released or is there another place to read it? i am genuinely interested in reading this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    King Anasterian Sunstrider, the one that said "Screw you, Alliance!" after the Second War? You really need to rework all your fanwank vision of the story, it's not working for you anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you do not know the lore of the high elves and insurance is not reading the novella.
    This is not how the chronicles of the Alliance remember the great Anasterian Sunstrider...

    He was a righteous king, wise and benevolent, great ally of humans since the very Covenants of Arathor that he personally signed millennia ago.

    A personal friend of the Menethil dynasty of the Kingdom of Lordaeron and main promoter of trade and the good relationship between the High Elves and the other human kingdoms. In fact, are well known the meetings that the King Anasterian maintained with Terenas' grandfather about the boundaries of Greenwood, a territory straddling between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.

    The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas did not live oblivious to the human kingdoms, such as the Blood Elves want us to believe, but rather both races maintained a good relationship, a fruitful relationship for both parties over generations, not just limited to sporadic pacts signed in wartime.

    However, it is true that a large part of the Quel'dorei population did not look kindly on humans. In particular I refer to the most radical, haughty and we could even say xenophobic sector of the High Elves, whom felt superior to humans, those who were only interested in their own benefit, and which could be considered as the precursors of the current ideology of the Blood Elves.
    And this disagreement could be seen in full swing in the Council of Silvermoon, the governing body of Quel'Thalas, against which, the King Anasterian had to give an account of each of his actions along his life.

    It was the most radical sector of the Silvermoon Council which repeatedly urged the King Anasterian to abandon his friendship with humans, and in fact, they were who forced the King to not appear personally as a member of the Alliance of Lordaeron (and that is why he sent his confidant, Alleria Windrunner, as representative) and later they also forced him to break the Alliance after the Second War excusing on trivial reasons (a couple of burned trees).

    We can say therefore that the difference between the High Elves and Blood Elves is not recent, dating back even before the Third War as it has always been two opposing positions: that of the elves who are familiar with humans and lived in harmony with them, and the arrogant elves who wanted to live isolated and not depend on anyone. Anasterian was of the former, his son and heir Kael'thas of the latter...

    The King Anasterian was and will be remembered as one of the greatest heroes of the Alliance, despite the sector most mulish of his people, and despite the blood elves.
    Today, the High Elves who are still struggling with the Alliance and against their lifelong enemies are those who honor the memory of Anasterian, those are... the real Quel'dorei.

    If the King Anasterian had survived the Third War, he would have died of shame to see what made the most of his people. If King Anasterian were alive today, do not hesitate anyone that he would repudiate every last Blood Elf, he never would have allowed his people to abandon their ancient customs and beliefs, and never have agreed to be an Sin'dorei ... he lived and died as a true Quel'dorei ...

    May the Holy Light be with the King Anasterian forever... Glory to the last king of the Quel'dorei, Glory to the Alliance! Ashal'anore! Ashal Thalas'din belore!



    As an illustrative and clarifying note, and for demonstrate how the influence of the Horde expands everywhere and contaminates everything it touches, I will discuss a detail related.

    On the website Wowpedia (heir of WoWWiki) The King Anasterian has always been marked as a hero of the Alliance from the beginning, however as you can see here he is now designated as a neutral hero.
    Luckily the WoWWiki version or the Spanish version are not manipulated yet (for now), and is seen how the King Anasterian is still marked as a hero of the Alliance.

    By this I mean that in the Warcraft universe very few things are objective facts, and everything else can be considered subjectively, and for that I'm here, to counter the pro-Horde extremism that pervades the whole Internet and always leaves the Alliance in a bad place ... So do not trust anything! Believe only in what fits your ideals!
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-08-23 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Don't post with anything larger than the standard font.


  4. #44
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    snip
    Seriously ? Go to the rp section and stop posting your pathetic fanfic theory all over the place.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  5. #45
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Seriously ? Go to the rp section and stop posting your pathetic fanfic theory all over the place.
    He's more passionate then even I could be about the race


    >.>
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  6. #46
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's more passionate then even I could be about the race


    >.>
    "passionate" or simply forgot to take his pills today

  7. #47
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's more passionate then even I could be about the race


    >.>
    If his/her specualtion had any basis it would be tolerable, but it is just utter nonsense.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If his/her specualtion had any basis it would be tolerable, but it is just utter nonsense.
    It has SOME basis but I wouldn't go far and say each expansion leads to(Except 5.2) High Elves becoming playable.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Seriously ? Go to the rp section and stop posting your pathetic fanfic theory all over the place.
    do not feed the trolls

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It has SOME basis but I wouldn't go far and say each expansion leads to(Except 5.2) High Elves becoming playable.
    He spews on about Tandred Proudmoore, who does not exist.
    He invents a backgroundstory for Anasterian, to fit his twisted views
    Turns everything into black and white
    etc.

    He/she just makes up lore and that is annoying as hell.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  11. #51
    Super Moderator Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Baylife
    Posts
    10,242
    If you want to RP, that's fine, but keep it to the designated forum. This isn't the place for those kind of posts. If you want to discuss a topic, that's great, but do it without the dramatics. This is the only warning I'm giving.

    Now please, let's get the thread back on topic. Thank you!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    On the website Wowpedia (heir of WoWWiki) The King Anasterian has always been marked as a hero of the Alliance from the beginning, however as you can see here he is now designated as a neutral hero.
    Luckily the WoWWiki version or the Spanish version are not manipulated yet (for now), and is seen how the King Anasterian is still marked as a hero of the Alliance.
    Do you know what is more laughable? Is that the links you posted bluntly says that the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, Anasterian, left the Alliance after the Second War.

    "The Second War

    During the Second War, he reluctantly joined the Alliance of Lordaeron, honor-bound to fulfill the pledge to the Arathi, of whom Lord Anduin Lothar was the last. Anasterian was forced to contribute more of Quel'Thalas's armies when the outer forests were attacked by the Horde. Following the war and the destruction of Quel'Thalas's borderlands, he withdrew his nation from the Alliance, citing poor leadership on the humans' part that led to the burning of Quel'Thalas's forests."


    Too bad Blizzard took down the Warcraft encyclopedia, where it was also stated the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    It was the most radical sector of the Silvermoon Council which repeatedly urged the King Anasterian to abandon his friendship with humans, and in fact, they were who forced the King to not appear personally as a member of the Alliance of Lordaeron (and that is why he sent his confidant, Alleria Windrunner, as representative) and later they also forced him to break the Alliance after the Second War excusing on trivial reasons (a couple of burned trees).
    Do you have any source to support this?

  13. #53
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Too bad Blizzard took down the Warcraft encyclopedia, where it was also stated the same.
    http://wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft_Encyclopedia

    OT

    I really like what has been released thus far, especially that Dar'khan managed to cut the link of the other elves to the sunwell , it should have weakened them considerably.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Do you know what is more laughable? Is that the links you posted bluntly says that the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, Anasterian, left the Alliance after the Second War.

    "The Second War

    During the Second War, he reluctantly joined the Alliance of Lordaeron, honor-bound to fulfill the pledge to the Arathi, of whom Lord Anduin Lothar was the last. Anasterian was forced to contribute more of Quel'Thalas's armies when the outer forests were attacked by the Horde. Following the war and the destruction of Quel'Thalas's borderlands, he withdrew his nation from the Alliance, citing poor leadership on the humans' part that led to the burning of Quel'Thalas's forests."


    Too bad Blizzard took down the Warcraft encyclopedia, where it was also stated the same.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Do you have any source to support this?
    Excuse me, but a moderator has warned me that my subjective contents are not suitable, as that are interpreted as RP.

    Related to the thread, I just tell that Anasterian was a good King for the High Elves, and that the Alliance will remember him always with esteem. I'm sure that when Alleria returns she will feel very sorry to learn of his death.

    I wish that in the district of Stormwind destroyed by Deathwing was built an elven district as capital for the Quel'dorei in exile, where was erected an imposing statue of Anasterian to remember him forever.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-23 at 06:06 PM.


  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft_Encyclopedia

    OT

    I really like what has been released thus far, especially that Dar'khan managed to cut the link of the other elves to the sunwell , it should have weakened them considerably.
    Thank you.

    I always considered Dar'khan one of the best villains that Warcraft had. He is main responsible for the fall of the High Elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Excuse me, but a moderator has warned me that my subjective contents are not suitable, as that are interpreted as RP.
    If you stick to the facts as they are, you shouldn't have any problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Related to the thread, I just tell that Anasterian was a good King for the High Elves, and that the Alliance will remember him always with esteem. I'm sure that when Alleria returns she will feel very sorry to learn of his death.
    The question isn't how the Alliance look to Anasterian, the question is calling the Blood Elves traitors when they weren't part of the Alliance in the first place. That's simply factually wrong.

  16. #56
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Thank you.

    I always considered Dar'khan one of the best villains that Warcraft had. He is main responsible for the fall of the High Elves.
    Yeah I doubt the scourge could have taken Quel'thalas, if Arthas had no way to bypass their defences. Dar'khan seems to be the high elven equivalent of Gul'dan if you ask me and cutting the link means it is possible to do the same to the high elves nowadays, should relations continue to spiral downward.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  17. #57
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,687
    Anasterian's defining character flaw was that he was a proud monarch who didn't like playing ball with humans. The quel'dorei exiles were treated to a very cold reception when they rejoined the Alliance because of what Anasterian pulled in abandoning it.

    So uh... how is he an Alliance hero? He only joined it in the first place to pay off a debt from centuries before, then called the humans bad leaders, paid no attention when Terenas reminded him of all the humans who died to protect his kingdom, and seceded his nation. >.<

  18. #58
    That's awesome. I'm not going to read the spoilers, but Lady Liadrin is one of my favourite characters.

  19. #59
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,687
    Yeah, she's been criminally underused since BC IMO.

  20. #60
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Anasterian's defining character flaw was that he was a proud monarch who didn't like playing ball with humans. The quel'dorei exiles were treated to a very cold reception when they rejoined the Alliance because of what Anasterian pulled in abandoning it.

    So uh... how is he an Alliance hero? He only joined it in the first place to pay off a debt from centuries before, then called the humans bad leaders, paid no attention when Terenas reminded him of all the humans who died to protect his kingdom, and seceded his nation. >.<
    I am not sure if I should call it a typical Anasterian or Genn Greymane, though the latter was worse, since he actually denied to help the people in Lordaeron at all during the third war.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •