Deleted

Internet pauses/freezes every 30 seconds or so for 2-5 seconds.

I wanna start off by saying I made a mistake and downloaded a questionable program yesterday that made my PC go nuts (and it opened up cmd briefly). I did a system restore to the day before but it didn't help at all.

So basically, my internet freezes for 2-5 seconds every now and then. Skype goes offline quickly, pages are stuck loading and streams pauses too before resuming again. It is NOT my internet connection, I've already checked that. I opened up task manager to check my CPU use (14-16% when watching streams) and it dropped to 1-5% every time it froze, so an overworked CPU is also out of the question.

I've tried deleting autorun.inf in cmd but it cannot find that file. Any help?
    Last edited by mmoce107d4ab3d; 2013-08-22 at 03:12 PM.

I would check to see if a .exe was installed. Check your programs list from control panel and uninstall any program that does not have a Publisher and if you do not recognize it.

but a restore should have removed anything that installed it self.

probably should stay off the pron for a little bit.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I would check to see if a .exe was installed. Check your programs list from control panel and uninstall any program that does not have a Publisher and if you do not recognize it.
    The system restore deleted any program that I installed that day. What worries me was when cmd opened up and closed while I was installing it. The issue with my internet dropping came over night. I do not believe it is just a coincidence that it happens shortly after this.

How is your computer connected to the internet? Directly with cable? Or through router? If through router, then is your computer connected to the router with cable or is it wireless?

I know you said you checked your internet connection, but since you downloaded and launched some questionable app on your PC, and you don't want to say what was it, your credibility is... questionable as well
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    How is your computer connected to the internet? Directly with cable? Or through router? If through router, then is your computer connected to the router with cable or is it wireless?

I know you said you checked your internet connection, but since you downloaded and launched some questionable app on your PC, and you don't want to say what was it, your credibility is... questionable as well
    I think i've found the the problem. I downloaded a fake version of Dreamscene, if you really want to know ;p

Found a Trojan on my PC through task manager called "csrss.exe"

Ah, great. Has removing the trojan fixed the problem?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Deleted
    I haven't removed it yet, don't know how. At this point I'm not even sure if it is a trojan, as one of my friends has the same file.
    Currently doing a full scan of my pc that won't be done untill sometime tomrrow. Gonna install malwarebytes after that.

idontknowwhatimdoing.jpg

well, csrss.exe is standard Windows process:
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...csrss.exe.html

I think you should start here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pes-of-viruses

Deleted
    Malwarebytes was all I need. Avast didn't find any virus, and neither did microsoft security essentials (installed it after removing avast). Malwarebytes found and deleted a couple of things within 10 minutes and my problem was solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Malwarebytes was all I need. Avast didn't find any virus, and neither did microsoft security essentials (installed it after removing avast). Malwarebytes found and deleted a couple of things within 10 minutes and my problem was solved.
    Sooo the moral to this story would be.. Malwarebytes > Everything else?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.