• Mankrik's wife

135 30.41%
  • Other

43 9.68%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is Ny'alotha

So, The Dark Below is pretty much 100% now. We will also most likely bump into Ny'alotha. But the whispers aren't really clear what it actually is.

EDIT: Let's see.

Through me you pass into the city of woe: (In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.)
    Through me you pass into eternal pain: (The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly...The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.)
    Through me among the people lost for aye. (At the bottom of the ocean even light must die..)

Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
    To rear me was the task of power divine,
    Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.

Before me things create were none, save things
    Eternal, and eternal I endure. (In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.)
    All hope abandon ye who enter here. (You resist... You cling to your life as if it actually matters... You will learn...Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within. You will all be alone in the end.)

Anyone wants a trip to the underworld?
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2013-09-08 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So, The Dark Below is pretty much 100% now. We will also most likely bump into Ny'alotha. But the whispers aren't really clear what it actually is.
    It's not 100% until its displayed in pictures on a giant screen at Blizzcon.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing is 100%.
    We don't even know if it belongs to WoW?
    Might be a new game name we haven't heard of? x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    were making some pretty big jumps here.

were not 100% on what it is, but its most likely a sunken ancient city, that is now inhabbited by an old god and his minions. most likely an old elven city.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a city

10+ Year Old Account
    dragonmaw - EU

The Dark Below is 0% until proven otherwise.

Do people have a hard time grasping the concept of an anonymously filed, unprocessed trademark?

I would hope it's a raid zone.

Yes, we are 100% sure seeing as how it has passed all the examinations. It is very doubtfully a new game or D3/SC2 related seeing as how both games have an expansion with a different title. It is definitely not Hearthstone, really don't think Hearthstone would have such a name for an expansion. It is not Titan because we won't hear anything about it until 2016 so that leaves us only with WoW, and WoW so far had 2 mentions of the "Dark Below", yes one was retconned but the other one is still canon.
    As for Ny'alotha, it's a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Do people have a hard time grasping the concept of an anonymously filed, unprocessed trademark?
    Eeh. Check the other threads on this. It's pretty likely at this point- I'm certainly convinced.

But this thread is about what the Cthulu-esque city is, so try to talk to that?

Deleted
    omg it's the capital of Arakkoa!!!

Were there any hints in previous expansions about zones of expansions that came after them?

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

It is a city. Specifically the city in which an entity sleeps.. presumably N'zoth.
    The city is presumably located near or within "The Black Forest".

It is an ancient city, decrepit and haunted by memories of the horrible things that have been done there.
    The forest/city is home to (or associated) a being described as black goat with seven eyes.
    And the forest contains "the giant rook", which watches from the dead trees.

The city and the forest might also have a strong connection (or be located within) the emerald dream, as there is heavy reference to dreaming and sleeping.

-Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    -There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    -There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    -All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured
    -The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    -Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    -In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    -In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    -Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    -It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    -Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    -In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    -The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    -The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    -Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-22 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    As for Ny'alotha, it's a city.
    Right right, everyone knows that. But is it a city we take over? Are there good guys there, tasked by the Titans? Or is it all just horrors and we raid it? Can you HEARTH TO NY'ALOTHA? Heh. Probably not. But what will be in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post

His worshipers chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh N'zoth Ny'alotha wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    what ever it is, its something important as its mentioned by multiple old gods, so its something ancient, maybe a city built by the old gods themselves.

or it refers to what ever is below tirisfal glades whispering forest, which we know is not an old god itself, but some thing related and very bad. maybe theres an ancient buried city beneath.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    If you put in mankrik's wife in as a poll option, then you know it will be abused x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I'm not even sure how we'd enter Ny'alotha without going insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear any more underwater quest zones and I will pull out my hair. Did it with my first toon never touched the zone again.