• A land with a black forest around a city sharing it's name

32 7.21%
  • Mankrik's wife

135 30.41%
  • Other

43 9.68%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wonder if itll be an evil version of azeroth. where all the cities are really wicked and crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down.

Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    Ny'Alotha is a corrupted Titan facility which was created to hold N'Zoth. Ny'Alotha was originally under the Well of Eternity, deep in the earth. Being so close to the center of power of the world, N'Zoth was able to corrupt Deathwing, and persuaded Azshara to join his ranks as naga. He orchestrated the Sundering to escape his prison. While the Sundering sunk most of Kalimdor, it damaged the Titan facility containing him like Yogg-Saron. We will visit (Ul)alotha and fight the Naga, Faceless Ones, free Neptulon, kill Azshara, and defeat N'Zoth all the while containing the Emerald Dream and learning more about the Titans in preparation for WoW 7.0
    This, this overall story is assumed by most and makes the most sense. Could of course deviate a lot.

Ny'alotha is most definitely either the city/facility housing N'zoth, or - and I love this idea - it is both an Old God and a city in itself. Lovecraftian ideas are often about shapeless, formless entities that can be many things in our physical realm. In fact, many Old Ones have matching names in his mythos (Nyarlothep - God of a Thousand Forms).

What if the city itself was a god? Thinking strange unearthly, almost fleshy spires, carapaced walls, intestinal ceilings, tentacled bridges. Pretty nightmarish.

That so called prediction-guy from 4Chan thinks that Ny'alotha IS the old god N'Zoth. That is ofcourse a possibility too. Unless Blizzard reveals what this Ny'alotha is, we can't be sure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    Ny'Alotha is a corrupted Titan facility which was created to hold N'Zoth. Ny'Alotha was originally under the Well of Eternity, deep in the earth. Being so close to the center of power of the world, N'Zoth was able to corrupt Deathwing, and persuaded Azshara to join his ranks as naga. He orchestrated the Sundering to escape his prison. While the Sundering sunk most of Kalimdor, it damaged the Titan facility containing him like Yogg-Saron. We will visit (Ul)alotha and fight the Naga, Faceless Ones, free Neptulon, kill Azshara, and defeat N'Zoth all the while containing the Emerald Dream and learning more about the Titans in preparation for WoW 7.0
    Eh, I prefer the idea that Ny'alotha is N'Zoth's very own stronghold, no prison whatsoever. As the devs said, the titans couldn't defeat him, so it leaves the possibility that he was quarantined inside. Imprisoned within a titan cell - theme has been used thrice now.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Wasn't Elune the last, fifth, Old God?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Wasn't Elune the last, fifth, Old God?
    The current theory is that Elune is E'Lune, a blue-hued Naaru. Nightelf purists do not approve of this theory.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Imprisoned within a titan cell - theme has been used thrice now.
    It's been always used so far precisely because that's what was done to the Old Gods. Though I wouldn't be surprised if N'zoth found a way (possibly using the energies of the Sundering) to create a rift in his prison.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the '-alotha' bit of the name sounds oddly trollish?

so, we shall spend most of our time in Mankrik's wife next expansion ? damn Blizzard has a weird sense of humour...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    By the way, am I the only one who thinks the '-alotha' bit of the name sounds oddly trollish?
    Sounds elvish actually to me. Might explain that Nyalotha is a leftover of the old Night Elven city Zin'Aszhari or Suramar.

Elvish and Trollish naming conventions have certain similarities.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Elvish and Trollish naming conventions have certain similarities.
    They do, especially with older elven settlements.

Perhaps Ny'alotha is the ancient-er than ancient, long-buried city of the Dark Trolls (predecesor to Night Elves).

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_troll

According to scattered reports, dark trolls have gray to black skin and lead a mostly subterranean existence.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

My money is on the wifey
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Perhaps Ny'alotha is the ancient-er than ancient, long-buried city of the Dark Trolls (predecesor to Night Elves).

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_troll
    Could be, though I was thinking along the lines of an ancient titan complex taken over by N'zoth, who then fused his own fleshshaping powers with the titans' machinery and created the trolls.

It might be plausible that the titans somehow managed to ward their cities against the mindless minions of the Old Gods, like some form of external shield that prevents them entry. However, if an Old God managed to infest the entire complex and create a new form of life, one that doesn't bear the mark of either the titans or the Old Gods (and thus be free-willed), perhaps this new race could feasibly be manipulated into doing something foolish and enabling the Old Gods to escape.

Perhaps that might be how trolls came to be.

Mind you, this is entirely my tinfoil hat speculation.

I'm leaning towards 'sunken city of the Old Gods' myself, and I expect it to rise from the depths to form some final raid zone at some point in the future.

I'm a bit curious to learn the nature of the 'black woods' though. I suspect that refers to the Emerald Nightmare.

Everything can be consumed. Including Cities. We saw the Sha "consume" our hopes and dreams, and exhale fear and anger.

Maybe N'Zoth has consumed his prison. Maybe Ny'Alotha is a city inside the black forest... and the Black Forest is N'Zoth.

The Emerald Dream is the world before "us" ... a Green lush forest... maybe the "Black Forest" is the Nightmare. And the Nightmare IS N'Zoth. Also maybe this is why we cannot completely destroy the old Gods, it would leave a gaping hole in the center of the Dream (the blueprint for our world). Inside the nightmare lies Ny'alotha... Only sleep. Sleeping City. If a city is in a dream, its "body" lies in the real world somewhere.

Think of this. L'ghorek, Nespirah, ... Ny'Alotha?

Imagine what happens when something like Nespirah were to get mad\feel fear near a Sha. Can you imagine the horror of something Sha touched that is that large? What if it has already happened... How would we stop "it". What if it was asleep and this Old God Corrupted "thing" was at the center of the Dream.

Also, We have seen the inside of old gods, they look kind of Nespirah like... sort of organy and fleshy. But the Sha are very unalike that. the "breath" of Y'Shaarj is more ghostly... It could possess things. We see when C'thun died, he was able to possess Cho'Gall, making him very eyeball covered and weird. I almost wonder what the inside of a old god possessed thing looks like. Whats inside a sha?
    Last edited by Concequence; 2013-09-06 at 05:38 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Think of this. L'ghorek, Nespirah, ... Ny'Alotha?

Imagine what happens when something like Nespirah were to get mad\feel fear near a Sha. Can you imagine the horror of something Sha touched that is that large? What if it has already happened... How would we stop "it". What if it was asleep and this Old God Corrupted "thing" was at the center of the Dream.
    That's actually a very good point. We know there was supposed to be a third, fully corrupted underwater demigod in the cancelled Abyssal Maw dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    If N'zoth is the theme of the next expansion wtb analog to the zombie invasion cept everyone turns into faceless ones instead of ghouls.
    It's like shifting from Romero to Carpenter. Everyone physically mutating in nauseating Old God's abominations would be wonderfully horrific.

About Ny'alotha, the name to me sounds like a lexical reference to this, but I belive that the effective nature of it is a more substantial reference to Cthulhu's city, which is underwater (like this Ny'alotha) so is indeed some sort of Old God's city for me, N'zoth's one probably.
    Darkspear never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    You are children on a playground drawing lines in the sand.

I'm pretty sure it'll just have ancient Night Elf architecture like Vashj'ir

They didn't get the mileage out of that sunken city anyway, and it would be amazing to see it in use.

We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.