• A land with a black forest around a city sharing it's name

32 7.21%
  • Mankrik's wife

135 30.41%
  • Other

43 9.68%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I like the idea of the 5th Old God but depending on which source you take the number of Old Gods can be 3, 4 or 5 (obviously 3 is incorrect now).

I think N'zoth is all but confirmed as the underwater God though, if a 5th exists I think it'll be under STV to Karazhan
    I'm pretty sure devs in cataclysm said Nzoth is the 5th old god near the maelstrom.
    ----

WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

----

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I'm pretty sure devs in cataclysm said Nzoth is the 5th old god near the maelstrom.
    Source?

It seems weird that they'd call him the 5th Old God when only 3 others are known (C'thun, Yogg and Y-shaarj)

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Source?

It seems weird that they'd call him the 5th Old God when only 3 others are known (C'thun, Yogg and Y-shaarj)
    At the time he was the third revealed old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm not even sure how we'd enter Ny'alotha without going insane.
    Who's to say we aren't already?
    As far as game lore goes, we've had mortal armies go in and slay the husk of C'thun and Yogg-Saron, all mortals that have previously come into contact with these figures have gone "insane". The entirety of MoP has been heavily focused around mortal armies (Horde or Alliance) learning to deal with the influences of Y'Shaarj and defeat his "last breaths", something not even the Shado-Pan in all of its millennia of existence could accomplish. Either for all intents and purposes the player characters are immovable objects of sanity and morals, or they're already insane, and insanity does make the best insulation to other forms of insanity. The members of the "mortal" armies show no qualm with being agents of genocide for a few pieces of silver or gold, carrying around tokens of their kill, constantly changes stances of who they will help or kill. They're completely tolerant of killing one another, even on same faction lines, and are almost compulsively drawn to circumstances that will most likely result in their death. That's in no means the recipe for heroism or valor, that's the recipe for a straight jacket and a padded room.

As towards the topic of the thread itself.
    I'm liking the idea that Ny'alotha is a city built around N'zoth, or at least a doorway to where N'zoth sleeps. The city could be in a chamber similar to the one the Aspects used to convene in prior to the Sundering, that may have fractured slightly in the Sundering, and opened completely in the Cataclysm. The black forest could refer to things like sulfur vents that we saw in Vash'jir or something like what we saw in the Emerald Nightmare (Stormrage book). I would also be both surprised and unsurprised at the same time if we were told that the Titans didn't create the Emerald Dream, but merely built upon it, and all of the layers within the dream actually exist as barriers to contain N'zoth. Also opening up the possibility that the Dragon Aspects weren't actually empowered to prevent the Hour of Twilight, because if that were the case it was a self-perpetuated disaster, but to be unknowing lookouts towards certain Old Gods or ways that they may try to release themselves.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Interesting. I would love to see a new city, Guess we'll find out at blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Waliah View Post
    Interesting. I would love to see a new city, Guess we'll find out at blizzcon.
    Hey. Here's an idea. Ny'alotha is the new neutral hub for the expansion. You just get some sweet debuff that stacks every ten minutes or so if you spend time there. Quests could involve mitigating the effect, but not necessarily.

I think Ny'alotha is a capital city in the Emerald Dream which has been taken over by the Nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What if..

We're all already insane?!
    Only if you have the "Insane in the Membrane" feat of strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Could be wrong, but I believe that one in particular is a reference to Karazhan.
    I would like to note that Karazhan bleeds into Netherspace. Netherspace has a sleeping Nightbane and skeletal gryphons flying around in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I would like to note that Karazhan bleeds into Netherspace. Netherspace has a sleeping Nightbane and skeletal gryphons flying around in it.
    The latter are both actually pieces of misinformation, I believe WoWwiki is responsible for them. Nightbane sleeps in the hills above the village (where he was blasted when Medivh killed him) while the gryphons are meant to circle the tower, again outside Netherspace. They just clip into it occasionally, which is why they can appear as though they're flying through the walls of the cave-like... whatever it is that Netherspace actually is.

I want a piece of saronite weaponry to rub up against one of Garrosh's sha-infused somethings.

"Now kiss."

Yoggy and Y'Shaarj, sitting in a tree~

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

A Lovecraft reference in a vanity item that likely does not actually exist in the Warcraft universe.

Unless Blizzard decides to throw it in later on, since fans are so obsessed with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A Lovecraft reference in a vanity item that likely does not actually exist in the Warcraft universe.

Unless Blizzard decides to throw it in later on, since fans are so obsessed with it.
    It's mentioned by said vanity item, which also cryptically refers to existing lore, as well as in the 5.4 sound files. It's pretty much certain Ny'alotha exists in some form.