I don't understand, how can you still play the game(bar AH).

I've been soley playing the AH for as long as i can remember, not that because I don't like the game(even though I don't), it's just that whenever I'm in the mood for playing, I log on to my character, 5mins later and I get killed by rubberbanding.

I struggle my way through to clear VoA, dying like 5 more times to rubberbanding, then I just log off without even bother killing the keymaster.

How do you guys motivate yourself to play with this rubberband bullcrap since the mob density change?

I'm only rubberbanding for the first 30 seconds or so when all the graphical assets for spells and stuff need to be loaded still. Otherwise it plays absolutely flawlessly for me. And I'm sure I could reduce the loading lag if I invested in an SSD.

I rubberband maybe once per session so nice way to pull out stupid numbers out of your ass. Thanks for this useless thread.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that you zone in to a quiet place and not in the middle of a dozen mobs it might be helpful to wait 15 seconds or so for things to load up and then spend the next 20 seconds moving around not trying to aggro anything. It seems to work for me. If rubber-banding happens at all--pretty rare lately to be honest--it's rarely more than once in a two-hour session.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really just echoing what everyone else said. Only experience rubberbanding once per session usually.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I rarely ever get rubber-banding issues and there is no use for the AH unless you just want to grind the highest levels of MP possible these days.

SSD solves it for 90%

Blizzard uses background loading (like in WoW) instead of using loading screens (starcraft 2)

Most PC users hard drive speeds, mother boards and graphics boards are mediocre at best. The load of graphical data is on your end (from HD to main board to graphic board).

It only happens when loading new data from the hard disks, like joining a public game or entering a new zone.

With an SSD this 10-15 seconds is reduced to 1 sec with SSD. These days 150 Gb SSD hardly cost 100 bucks. It is best to put your OS on it (very fast start up) and most played game.

Also the first 10 seconds in a new game is best entered in the home base as server connection gets from red to green (synch).

----

That being said: the Diablo 3 on line engine is in itself awesome and frankly is unique in on line performance.

Most people don't realise it but the combat responsiveness, the GCD, speed etc are really unseen in online gaming land. Take any other game and you'll notice it immediately.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-08-23 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I rubberband maybe once per session so nice way to pull out stupid numbers out of your ass. Thanks for this useless thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    SSD solves it for 90%

Blizzard uses background loading (like in WoW) instead of using loading screens (starcraft 2)

Most PC users hard drive speeds, mother boards and graphics boards are mediocre at best. The load of graphical data is on your end (from HD to main board to graphic board).

It only happens when loading new data from the hard disks, like joining a public game or entering a new zone.

With an SSD this 10-15 seconds is reduced to 1 sec with SSD. These days 150 Gb SSD hardly cost 100 bucks. It is best to put your OS on it (very fast start up) and most played game.

Also the first 10 seconds in a new game is best entered in the home base as server connection gets from red to green (synch).

----

That being said: the Diablo 3 on line engine is in itself awesome and frankly is unique in on line performance.

Most people don't realise it but the combat responsiveness, the GCD, speed etc are really unseen in online gaming land. Take any other game and you'll notice it immediately.
    Interesting, I've never heard of that before, maybe i'll try it out on my laptop with SSD HD.

The reason I die to rubberbanding so often is maybe I tend to round the entire map of mobs before actually killing them, I know it's like I'm the problem here, but I find it extremely boring to kill 1 pack before moving on to the next pack, it's risky that way and might lose the extra XP from getting a huge kill combo.(Fields of Misery can always get over 1k+)

10+ Year Old Account
    First 10 seconds rubberb and then all good from there.

There shouldn't be rubberbanding. Period. None at all. People saying "I ONLY get it for the first 10 seconds" or "it only happens to me maybe once or twice in a 5 hour session" should realize that a game that has a perma-death setting SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AT ALL. And neither should it require you to buy an SSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    I've been soley playing the AH for as long as i can remember, not that because I don't like the game(even though I don't), it's just that whenever I'm in the mood for playing, I log on to my character, 5mins later and I get killed by rubberbanding.

I struggle my way through to clear VoA, dying like 5 more times to rubberbanding, then I just log off without even bother killing the keymaster.

How do you guys motivate yourself to play with this rubberband bullcrap since the mob density change?
    You do realize Blizzard isn't responsible for your connection issues right? If this were about D3 I might possibly believe they were partially responsible for rubberbanding issues but Wow is far far far more forgiving in that regard and it is precisely why some bot programs allow players to warp around. Get a better isp.

Interesting, I've never heard of that before, maybe i'll try it out on my laptop with SSD HD.

The reason I die to rubberbanding so often is maybe I tend to round the entire map of mobs before actually killing them, I know it's like I'm the problem here, but I find it extremely boring to kill 1 pack before moving on to the next pack, it's risky that way and might lose the extra XP from getting a huge kill combo.(Fields of Misery can always get over 1k+)
    The situation you just described is not rubberbanding. Its lag because your comp sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do realize Blizzard isn't responsible for your connection issues right? If this were about D3 I might possibly believe they were partially responsible for rubberbanding issues but Wow is far far far more forgiving in that regard and it is precisely why some bot programs allow players to warp around. Get a better isp.
    So who do we blame for you being unable to read? This is in the Diablo III section, not WOW.

Deleted
    I think you're mixing up totally different things here.

Rubberbanding is totally different from the described 15+ secs loading lags in your first game. The latter can be resolved by SSD or just join a normal game, use every skill once and you're fine to go. Rubberbanding has nothing to do with that. It mostly occurs with high movement speed skills which ignore mob collosion like whirlwind or tempest rush. It's hard to fix: don't use your mentioned skill while low on resources, avoid corner cutting, try to whirl before a2 snakes get visible again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any rubberbanding issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like an issue on your end. I have never had a death to rubberbanding and I've only had it happen a few times when the game first launched. I've never seen it since.

I do have slowdown right at the start as graphics and assets are loaded, but aside from that there is nothing. My primary disk is an SSD but all video games are stored on my 1TB platter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm only rubberbanding for the first 30 seconds or so when all the graphical assets for spells and stuff need to be loaded still. Otherwise it plays absolutely flawlessly for me. And I'm sure I could reduce the loading lag if I invested in an SSD.
    I am the same as this guy. Just lags for first 10 seconds of entering combat then shizam it works fine from there.

I have learnt my lesson, never click a flag in multi player unless you are sure there not in combat