Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I understand how you feel, but the Orcs should get a Warchief that can be their faction leader, and the Horde can get a new Leader of any race. This is not the same Horde with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. There's 4 other races now part of the Horde. They can't all dance to the same old Orc music.

    Most of the leaders that ORCS had, have fucked up everything. Even Thrall, the greatest leader they had, messed up by appointing Garrosh as Warchief. It is time for a different race to LEAD the HORDE. It's that simple, if you can't understand that, then oh well...
    Yeah, no, Blood Elves and Forsaken can suck it up, it's not like they have much weight to throw around to begin with. The core of this game is Orcs vs. Humans, if you can't come to terms with that, then please, quit WoW, find a different game, and stop shitting up the forums. Doomhammer and Thrall were overall good Warchiefs, Garrosh had his good moments, as well, sure overall Garrosh and Blackhand sucked, but even that isn't as bad as the Banshee Queen, Lor'themar, or Baine becoming Warchief. Just because it's different, doesn't make it better.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The core of this game is Orcs vs. Humans, if you can't come to terms with that, then please, quit WoW, find a different game, and stop shitting up the forums.
    Bit aggressive for a simple video game lore debate

  3. #283
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,521
    Anyone but Lortha-whatever and I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  4. #284
    Whoever becomes Warchief should be a beloved character, regardless of race

    "The Horde be a family"

    With its angry green guys
    Jamaican tribal guys
    Native american bull guys
    Dead guys
    Pretty guys
    Little mafia guys
    Hot-headed pandas

    But its still a family, and as long as its a Warchief that everyone can rally behind, thats fine

  5. #285
    Stood in the Fire ArchmageAllayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    455
    Gamon it is

  6. #286
    Stood in the Fire Shefu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, no, Blood Elves and Forsaken can suck it up, it's not like they have much weight to throw around to begin with. The core of this game is Orcs vs. Humans, if you can't come to terms with that, then please, quit WoW, find a different game, and stop shitting up the forums. Doomhammer and Thrall were overall good Warchiefs, Garrosh had his good moments, as well, sure overall Garrosh and Blackhand sucked, but even that isn't as bad as the Banshee Queen, Lor'themar, or Baine becoming Warchief. Just because it's different, doesn't make it better.
    I see you're an Orc fanboy, so no matter what anyone else says, you're still going to see it your own way. It's because of people like you why other races besides Orcs & Humans get such shitty development. World of Warcraft has evolved. It is not World of Orcs vs Humans.

    As for how much weight Forsaken and Blood Elves have. They have the Plague and the Sunwell, so yeah...

  7. #287
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I see you're an Orc fanboy, so no matter what anyone else says, you're still going to see it your own way. It's because of people like you why other races besides Orcs & Humans get such shitty development. World of Warcraft has evolved. It is not World of Orcs vs Humans.

    As for how much weight Forsaken and Blood Elves have. They have the Plague and the Sunwell, so yeah...
    Actually, regardless of personal preference, I do like to see other races recieve development. Also not being Warchief =/= Shitty development. Warcraft might have evolved, but at it's very core, it is Orcs vs. Humans, Blizzard themselves, have even admitted it, it's time you come to terms with it.

    The Forsaken also have the Crusade breathing down their necks, and the Blood Elves, well let's see, they got decimated by the scourge, some more scourge, a Civil war, didn't want to go to Northrend, considered joining the Alliance etc. They're leeches at this point.

  8. #288
    Vol'jin is the most likely candidate then of course there's Baine, Lor'themar, Thrall and Saurfang. And they did say it would be someone we wouldn't expect. Then again they said that a while ago back when we had no clue of who it would be. I personally would have the Banshee Queen if she didn't started acting like the Lich King. I think Vol'jin would win the title though, he's the most promising

  9. #289
    Stood in the Fire Sonridor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Planet Ten
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Baine Bloodhoof as leader of the Horde? Hah, the kid couldn't even handle the Grimtotem properly, plus he wants to "make his dad proud" more than our current Warchief.
    Amen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I understand how you feel, but the Orcs should get a Warchief that can be their faction leader, and the Horde can get a new Leader of any race. This is not the same Horde with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. There's 4 other races now part of the Horde. They can't all dance to the same old Orc music.

    Most of the leaders that ORCS had, have fucked up everything. Even Thrall, the greatest leader they had, messed up by appointing Garrosh as Warchief. It is time for a different race to LEAD the HORDE. It's that simple, if you can't understand that, then oh well...
    Regarding the "orc leaders fucked up everything": Trolls and taurens were near death and got rescued by the orcs and joined the Horde. The Blood Elves were practically unprotected and almost joined with the Alliance, and if you consider Lor'themar was obligated to lead his people, they were almost leaderless. The Forsaken were HUNTED by humans, and after Wrathgate every human wants a Forsaken head on a pike. Goblins were homeless and lead by a mad trade-prince.

    So from my understanding most non-Orc leaders within the Horde, at some point in the lore, were REALLY near death or even near their race extinction (Tauren x Centaur).

    What I'm trying to say is the idea of Orc leaders fuckin up shit is outrageous. If it wasn't for a certain orc leader (Thrall), we wouldn't have the Horde. We would have extinct taurens, Darkspears joining the Zandalari (or else), Blood Elves on the Alliance (improbable tho, pretty sure they'd join Sylvanas), MORE genocidal Forsaken (without any control, they'd be either extinct or gone apeshit) and no Bilgewater Cartel goblins. I'm not saying Thrall is awesome and did all this shit, what I'm saying is all the racial leaders were practically CREATED by an orc leader, in this case Thrall.

    Most Orcs fucked up everything? Seriously! Doomhammer led his people to glory over Stormwind, Thrall reunited his people and created the Horde we have today. Even Garrosh and Blackhand, with their sick mind and lust for power, made the Horde a WAR-MACHINE. Mistakes are normal, but saying we need to Race-Change our faction leader because some of them made mistakes (which ALL LEADERS ON THE GAME did) is pretty pointless.

    It's that simple: The HORDE is lead by WARCHIEFS. An Warchief is an ORC. If we come to the point where Vol'jin leads the Horde, I'll faction change. lol

  10. #290
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,726
    Sure this has been said already, but here comes the table flipping cinematic where Varian becomes the temporary ruler of both the Alliance and the Horde. This is the only explanation of why Alliance would just hand Org back without a fuss.

    - Varian is new Jesus
    - Varian gets martyred next expansion
    - Reignites war between horde and alliance
    - Jaina goes full retard while Anduin disappears to meditate somewhere.
    - Jaina gets killed at the end of next expansion
    - Rugged and grown up Anduin repeats the sins of his father and returns with a feral vengeance after his time in the world, coupled with being persuaded by Wrathion who becomes Onyxia 2.0 (in terms of manipulation)
    - War is brought back to Azeroth
    - Then comes the Legion + Black Dragonflight who see them as the ultimate power
    - We kill everything, make peace with our factions.

    Roll Credits
    BAD WOLF

  11. #291
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    For whoever is to be Warchief, hopefully he wont be a disappointment to everyone. At least we don't have to wait and see who it might be in another patch.

  12. #292
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I understand how you feel, but the Orcs should get a Warchief that can be their faction leader, and the Horde can get a new Leader of any race. This is not the same Horde with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. There's 4 other races now part of the Horde. They can't all dance to the same old Orc music.

    Most of the leaders that ORCS had, have fucked up everything. Even Thrall, the greatest leader they had, messed up by appointing Garrosh as Warchief. It is time for a different race to LEAD the HORDE. It's that simple, if you can't understand that, then oh well...
    what a load of rubbish, given how the blood elves long standing Prince and ruler became a puppet for the legion, blood elves are on no grounds to be accounted for not fu*king up.

  13. #293
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The Forsaken also have the Crusade breathing down their necks, and the Blood Elves, well let's see, they got decimated by the scourge, some more scourge, a Civil war, didn't want to go to Northrend, considered joining the Alliance etc. They're leeches at this point.
    I wouldn't use that logic, it is rather pointless, otherwise the orcs would have been extinct years ago, since they have lost so many of their people in recent years that only young and a few old are left, with most of the young dying for garrosh, the orcs should be extremely close to the brink of extinction by now, but alas it won't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what a load of rubbish, given how the blood elves long standing Prince and ruler became a puppet for the legion, blood elves are on no grounds to be accounted for not fu*king up.
    Who said they didn't but they cleaned that mess up almost on their own, they rose against Kael and killed him with the Draenei,while most orcs follow Garrosh quite willingly.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-08-23 at 06:15 PM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  14. #294
    Fist pumping moment for the Alliance: Varian says who's gonna be the Warchief.

  15. #295
    Maybe we won't get a new warchief until the next pre-expansion patch, and we get some sort of counsil (like the dwarves have) made of every horde faction leader. A fun idea that just came to mind. If they decide to make ogres a playable race next expansion maybe something like this will happen: Horde is weak without a proper leader, the Stonemaul Ogres rebel (for whatever reason) against them. Rexxar hears of the ogre rebellion (somehow) and comes back to keep the ogres in check, and BOOM they can place Rex as the official faction leader for the ogres. Perhaps even Warchief.

  16. #296
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Maybe we won't get a new warchief until the next pre-expansion patch, and we get some sort of counsil (like the dwarves have) made of every horde faction leader. A fun idea that just came to mind. If they decide to make ogres a playable race next expansion maybe something like this will happen: Horde is weak without a proper leader, the Stonemaul Ogres rebel (for whatever reason) against them. Rexxar hears of the ogre rebellion (somehow) and comes back to keep the ogres in check, and BOOM they can place Rex as the official faction leader for the ogres. Perhaps even Warchief.
    Tho they have already said in an interview that they will announce the next warcheif in the cinematic itself that is played right after you do the last stab at Garrosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  17. #297
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,505
    The cinematic is already in-game on PTR. It's just encrypted and the Garrosh encounter is not accessible and almost certainly won't be tested further on the PTR.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what a load of rubbish, given how the blood elves long standing Prince and ruler became a puppet for the legion, blood elves are on no grounds to be accounted for not fu*king up.
    oh look, its trassk the lord of toolery! back with his usual "I'm right and everyone else is so wrong they should shoot themselves" attitude

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The cinematic is already in-game on PTR. It's just encrypted and the Garrosh encounter is not accessible and almost certainly won't be tested further on the PTR.
    So, the betting game is about to start!

  20. #300
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

    Who said they didn't but they cleaned that mess up almost on their own, they rose against Kael and killed him with the Draenei,while most orcs follow Garrosh quite willingly.
    oh my god. You can't even see it can you?

    The blood elves that willingly followed Kael'thas are in the same school as the orcs that now willingly follow Garrosh. The blood elves have nothing to suggest they know better about leading or not screwing up anymore then orcs are.

    And given how the blood elves were considering going back to the alliance, who in the right mind wants a blood elves leader whos loyalties would extend to the hordes rival faction on a whim? No.. thats just beyond ridiculous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •