Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sylvanas or Lorth, anyone else would be lame and boring.

It's obviously going to be one of the three of Saurfang, vol'jin or Thrall. With vol'jin being the most obvious of the three.

Blizzard said a while ago it will be somebody "unexpected", so, my money would be on Lor'themar. It should be Vol'jin but it won't be, Sylvanas is just flat out too evil - she'd just be a more evil rehash of Garrosh, but with sideboob; I don't think they'll go back to Thrall after claiming he's neutral now, and because he's leveling up makin' babies.

It'll be Gallywix.

Anduin gets slain, Sylvanis brings him back as an undead, then he becomes warchief. Plot. Twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Blizzard said a while ago it will be somebody "unexpected", so, my money would be on Lor'themar. It should be Vol'jin but it won't be, Sylvanas is just flat out too evil - she'd just be a more evil rehash of Garrosh, but with sideboob; I don't think they'll go back to Thrall after claiming he's neutral now, and because he's leveling up makin' babies.

It'll be Gallywix.
    But who is 'expected?' Who did blizzard think we would expect? Maybe they thought we'd all expect Thrall for example.

10+ Year Old Account

It'll be Gallywix.
    Playing through the quest lines leading up to the Krasarang events, Lor'Themar would be a rather obvious choice. Vol'Jin is of course also a "usual suspect". If a faction leader becomes the new warchief, then Sylvanas, Baine and Gallywix are the more appropriate unexpected ones, with Gallywix the least expected.
    Now if we say, the title warchief can only be carried by an Orc, the selection becomes rather trickier. Saurfang would then be the most expected choice.

As it stands... The most unexpected choice may very well be the most simple outcome.... Thrall taking back the reign.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it will be PSY. He'll let everyone dance Gangnam Style and the hint to the next Expansion will be: Dance Studio !

What about Etrigg? advisor of Thrall and friend of Tirion meaning he is diplomatic. He would also fit the unexpected choice blizzard talked about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    What about Etrigg? advisor of Thrall and friend of Tirion meaning he is diplomatic. He would also fit the unexpected choice blizzard talked about.
    While a good theory I dont know if they would go with him instead of Saurfang, considering Varok is about the same as him age wise and has more fame among the Horde, while also respected by the Alliance.

In before Arlok Etrigg's son is the new Warchief

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    But who is 'expected?' Who did blizzard think we would expect? Maybe they thought we'd all expect Thrall for example.
    Well, at the time, the front runners were Thrall, Vol'Jin, and Baine a distant third. Then probably Saurfang and Rexxar. I don't think it'll be any of those.

Screw it, let's go with Alexstrasza. She's got a lot of time on her hands now.

Like Saurfang Eitrigg's role is basically a cameo in this story. He's just there so blizzard can say they didn't forget about him, but has no real story significance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Like Saurfang Eitrigg's role is basically a cameo in this story. He's just there so blizzard can say they didn't forget about him, but has no real story significance.
    That and the guy kinda lives in Org.

Deleted
    Tbh unexpected would be Gamon? He's been in orgrimmar for years!

The most unexpected would probably be Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Varian will understand the Saurfang is a father and after losing his son understands the true price of war and further conflict. What happens after that I am not sure.
    I've never heard of Orcs mourning their lost sons though. I only remember fathers being proud their son died in battle, it's the greatest honour an Orc will ever get. It's so cemented into their society.

Now, Saurfang is an exception though. The Lich King robbed his son of a glorious death. That is why Saurfang feels horrible. But the argument you make of how Saurfang understands the price of war is bullshit, Orcs don't have any problem with their sons and daughters dying on the battlefield, in fact it only makes them proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I've never heard of Orcs mourning their lost sons though. I only remember fathers being proud their son died in battle, it's the greatest honour an Orc will ever get. It's so cemented into their society.

Now, Saurfang is an exception though. The Lich King robbed his son of a glorious death. That is why Saurfang feels horrible. But the argument you make of how Saurfang understands the price of war is bullshit, Orcs don't have any problem with their sons and daughters dying on the battlefield, in fact it only makes them proud.
    Not all people have the same ideas.

Saurfang explicitly comments on the horrors of war to Garrosh in Borean Tundra, when he says he'll kill Garrosh himself if Garrosh takes the orcs down that dark path again.

Deleted
    What about Nazgrel? Right hand of Thrall and completely ignored since TBC. He's been sitting in Thrallmar for far too long.

Anyway, I can't see Saurfang, Nazgrel or Eitrigg seriously wanting to be Warchief over Thrall. They'll probably forgive Thrall's mistake and would rather be commanded by him again.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all people have the same ideas.
    I've only ever heard fathers being proud of their sons that have fallen in battle, I've never heard any of them feeling regret though.

Oh, and the horrors of war is in regarding to killing innocent women and children. Orcs don't have any problem with dying in honourable combat. Heck, when you turn in Saurfang Jr's armor Saurfang even admits dying in combat is a great honour for his child. It's not until his son gets turned into a Death Knight that Saurfang truly feels pity for his son.

Eitrigg, Saurfang and Drek'Thar are too old. Thrall had the same thoughts when choosing a new leader before his departure to Nagrand and ruled them three out. Orks value strength in their leaders, an old person will not work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Eitrigg, Saurfang and Drek'Thar are too old. Thrall had the same thoughts when choosing a new leader before his departure to Nagrand and ruled them three out. Orks value strength in their leaders, an old person will not work there.
    He was concerned that an old orc would be out of touch with the younger generation. Since a majority of the younger generation supported Hitler, I think experience might be necessary in rebuilding their society from the ground up, even if he isn't one of them.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2013-08-24 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas!!!!

Calling it now. Cinematics:

Garrosh stands back up and knocks down the raid.

"Nobody can stop the TRUE HORD! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Did you think we have forgotten? Did you think we have forgiven? Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken"
    Made me ROFL. I see it happening right now, after that Vol'jin/Saurfang/Baine/Gamon/basic campfire will be sitting on Garrosh throne, begging Thrall to put the heart on his head while getting covered by slugs, and tells him to tell the world that the warchief is dead and that [insert name here] died with him. Not much later Garrosh shoulder pads will be set up for display in pandaria at the lorewalkers hangout to be clicked on for a short flashback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondream View Post
    Made me ROFL. I see it happening right now, after that Vol'jin/Saurfang/Baine/Gamon/basic campfire will be sitting on Garrosh throne, begging Thrall to put the heart on his head while getting covered by slugs, and tells him to tell the world that the warchief is dead and that [insert name here] died with him. Not much later Garrosh shoulder pads will be set up for display in pandaria at the lorewalkers hangout to be clicked on for a short flashback.
    Did I mention that Grom holds his son in his arms? If not, millions implied this already anyway.