Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I like Theron quite a bit, but he honestly doesnt REALLY give a shit about the Horde, he almost joined the alliance back in 5.1. Hes in it for convinience. Hes a badass, but he also gives me that vibe that he doesnt likes to lead shit, he says it himself, he rather be a ranger in the battlefield.

Also, just to add in Baine could be a good contender, he also cares about the Horde, dont know if to the extend as Voljin, but I think that with a good advisor Baine could do a lot to the Horde, now that his father didnt have that chance.
    I think Baine was an option for Warchief, but he was way too young and he still needed time to learn, but it have been a while since he became the leader of the Taurens... so is not imposible

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    want me to give u a reason why not? he is a troll not an orc...the title of Warchief is the leader of all orc clans (or those who chose to be part of the horde anyway)
    Modernization.
    The Horde is full of all races, not just orcs. Have an orc leader & a Warchief.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I think Baine was an option for Warchief, but he was way too young and he still needed time to learn, but it have been a while since he became the leader of the Taurens... so is not imposible
    I think the age thing isn't really an excuse, because if isn't too old its too young. I belive when Thrall took the mantle he wasn't all that old either if im not mistaken. And like a said, a good Advisor would go a long way, for example Thrall and Saurfang work together pefectly, Baine would work perfectly with Vol'jin or Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Saurfang is back, so...
    God I hope it's Saurfang. But whoever it is, be prepared for all of the angry nerds out there who latch on to anything they can to complain to be warming up their typing fingers. Cause it's going to be a doozy.

Vol'jin is just Thrall in troll form.

Saurfang is too old.

Sylvanas would send the rest of the Horde to their death and raise them as Forsaken.

Thrall, is Thrall...

Lor'themar Theron doesn't even want to be the leader of the Blood Elves as I recall, doubt he would want to become the Warchief for any other reason but to secure the safety of his people. I would still prefer him over any of the others though.

Rexxar is really not an option as he belongs in the wilderness, not in the civilization, and especially not as the Warchief of one.

In the end I'm afraid Blizzard is probably going with the utterly boring and obvious Vol'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    want me to give u a reason why not? he is a troll not an orc...the title of Warchief is the leader of all orc clans (or those who chose to be part of the horde anyway)
    The Horde isn't just about the Orcs anymore, so many more races have joined since then. Considering Garrosh and his "true Horde", I'm not sure the rest of the Horde will trust another Orc so easily.

I think the age thing isn't really an excuse, because if isn't too old its too young. I belive when Thrall took the mantle he wasn't all that old either if im not mistaken. And like a said, a good Advisor would go a long way, for example Thrall and Saurfang work together pefectly, Baine would work perfectly with Vol'jin or Thrall.
    Thrall was in his 30s..., also it could have been the case for Baine in the past, but i think now he's old enought, he became the leader of the Taurens in his 20s..., also remenber that Trall had been raised and trained to command an army to be a leader, Baine wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

Saurfang is too old.

Sylvanas would send the rest of the Horde to their death and raise them as Forsaken.

Thrall, is Thrall...

Lor'themar Theron doesn't even want to be the leader of the Blood Elves as I recall, doubt he would want to become the Warchief for any other reason but to secure the safety of his people. I would still prefer him over any of the others though.

Rexxar is really not an option as he belongs in the wilderness, not in the civilization, and especially not as the Warchief of one.

In the end I'm afraid Blizzard is probably going with the utterly boring and obvious Vol'jin.
    Vol'jin is awesome but I don't know about being the Warchief. He was portrayed to be really weak in the scenarios. We will have to see though.

Saurfang is too old.

Thrall, is Thrall...

Well i don't think Sylvanas would do that, but she won't be Warchief... why? Cause the forsakens aren't trusted by the Horde...

Also is true what you said about Lorthemar, but remenber that Lorthemar thought the option of becoming the Warchief himself, so i think is not imposible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Vol'jin is awesome but I don't know about being the Warchief. He was portrayed to be really weak in the scenarios. We will have to see though.
    Remenber he's more of an assasin, he's not someone to have a face to face combat, even more if he's not prepared for it

Varian can't have actual input if it's expected that the new Warchief will be viewed as anything other than his creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    I don't really dislike Vo'ljin, it's just that whenever I look at him I see Thrall, they are just that similar in ideologies, ideas etc. And we have already had Thrall as Warchief for so long, so having another version of him would be just as boring as having Thrall back.

Basic campfire 2013!

Basic Campfire for Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Void View Post
    If Varian has a hand in deciding, I'm gonna go with Saurfang.

Taking the past history into account, specifically the War of the Shifting Sands where he commanded the combined forces against the Qiraji, and the assault on Icecrown Citadel - where he interacts with Varian, mind you - Saurfang makes a very possible candidate.
    Why would Varian have any say in who the Horde's Warchief would be?
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

I don't really dislike Vo'ljin, it's just that whenever I look at him I see Thrall, they are just that similar in ideologies, ideas etc. And we have already had Thrall as Warchief for so long, so having another version of him would be just as boring as having Thrall back.
    Is kind of true, that's why Vol'jin likes Tralls so much, but if you see, Vol'jin is still a little more agressive than Thrall... (See Thrall trying to talk with Garrosh)

now everyone can be happy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Is kind of true, that's why Vol'jin likes Tralls so much, but if you see, Vol'jin is still a little more agressive than Thrall... (See Thrall trying to talk with Garrosh)
    True, Vol'jin does like to speak his mind more openly. But I do feel it would be a lot more interesting and fresh to have for example Lor'themar Theron as Warchief. He's proven himself a rather good warrior and great leader (something I thought I would never say about him, as I barely knew who he was before MoP). I'm also certain Vol'jin wouldn't mind him as Warchief either, nor would the rest of the Horde. Heck, even Sylvanas should be happy with that since she holds the Blood Elves rather close to heart.

Its not about beeing boring, its about not having another phsycopath or 2 face Warchief again.

Its not about beeing boring, its about not having another phsycopath or 2 face Warchief again.
    And Vol'jin is the only candidate who isn't in the risk zone of being a psychopath?

As much as I would hate it, I do think it would be appropriate if Org was left a total ruin after all the smoke clears. The Horde capital city would then move to the Faction leaders home. That would make Baine or Vol'jin choices that might work if for no other reason then to keep the Horde capital on the same continent.

Or....we could claim Chen as our beer drinking warchief.

Vote for lor'themar or be mana bombed!