Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Rexxar hasn't made appearance for years now.
    He can't just walk in and claim Warchief title.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Because the Horde is broken at the end of the siege and would have no say in anything Varian wants.

Also, he isn't choosing the Warchief. I would imagine (hope) he would choose Saurfang to temporarily be the Warchief, while the Horde gets it shit together and votes on a new one. You don't want a repeat of last time a Warchief was chosen on the fly.
    Uh, the actual Horde helps remove a problematic dictator and his small cadre of troops. The Horde isn't just a sitting duck at the mercy of the Alliance. lol The Alliance doesn't "win".

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh my god. You can't even see it can you?
    The blood elves that willingly followed Kael'thas are in the same school as the orcs that now willingly follow Garrosh. The blood elves have nothing to suggest they know better about leading or not screwing up anymore then orcs are.
    Yeah and I used it as an example, since most orcs follow Garrosh willingly, while a orcish minority is rising against him. It is the same situation, but reversed.

And given how the blood elves were considering going back to the alliance, who in the right mind wants a blood elves leader whos loyalties would extend to the hordes rival faction on a whim? No.. thats just beyond ridiculous.
    Did I personally argue for a blood elven Warchief? No I did not, Lor'themar would be wasted in that position, though there are fitting candidates for the title and not all of them are orcs.

I'd prefer the next Warchief to either be Saurfang or Lor'themar. Vol'jin seems increasingly overrated in my eyes; the aforementioned Orc/Blood Elf have much more merit to me.

Also, pointless to argue with Trassk; he's still stuck in his Warcraft: Orcs & Humans attitude concerning the positions of King and Warchief. In a way, I want Lor'themar to the be Warchief just to piss off the 'Hardcore' Horde players who are still living in a Pre-TBC fantasy.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-08-23 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'd prefer the next Warchief to either be Saurfang or Lor'themar. Vol'jin seems increasingly overrated in my eyes; the aforementioned Orc/Blood Elf have much more merit to me.

Also, pointless to argue with Trassk; he's still stuck in his Warcraft: Orcs & Humans attitude concerning the positions of King and Warchief. In a way, I want Lor'themar to the be Warchief just to piss off the 'Hardcore' Horde players who are still living in a Pre-TBC fantasy.
    oh funny that, since the devs themselves said that warcraft IS at its core orcs vs humans.

Just because you decided its not, doesn't make it so. Infact it just means your trying to debunk the developers on words in favor of your own
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I can't help but think that they are possibly foreshadowing Rexxar's return with Hearthstone. I mean why would he of all characters be in the Hunter role? Why not put Hemet Nesingwary, or some other random hunter? You may think that because he's a well established W3 character, but if that is the case then why use Garrosh as Warrior instead of Grom? There is a very strong chance that Rexxar will make an appearence next expac one way or another. As for him being warchief, if you want to look for someone that is on good terms with the Alliance, last I checked he was on pretty good terms with Jaina (except for him leading an army to murder her father and all...). I don't know why I keep throwing the Rex argument, but I have a strong feeling he will return

oh funny that, since the devs themselves said that warcraft IS at its core orcs vs humans.

Just because you decided its not, doesn't make it so. Infact it just means your trying to debunk the developers on words in favor of your own
    Where did they say this? It shouldn't be hard to find a quotation; preferably a recent one.

Deleted

Come on, Trassk, you have to admit that with MoP, Blizz moved from the "Orcs vs Humans" core. The rebels are all the races minus the orcs (except for few detractors).

I don't think it's necessarily a Pre-TBC fantasy, or really an odd thing, to think that the leaders of the Alliance and Horde should be the races they started with. I mean, personally, I'm fine either way, but I'd prefer if the next Warchief were to be an Orc, because it's really the most logical thing, in my eyes.

Think about it this way. What if the roles were swapped, and a new High King of the Alliance had to be named? And then, instead of a Human, which I'm sure there'd be at least a few candidates for, someone like Captain Jarod Shadowsong, or some other Night Elf stepped up? (I said Shadowsong because he's the only really notable Night Elf I can remember right now. I know there are more.) It just wouldn't be right, because it's contrary to the founding culture of the Alliance. A Night Elf would never sit the throne in Stormwind - he'd probably end up making Darnassus, or some other, more Night Elf oriented city the capital of the Alliance. It'd be a gigantic shift in the culture of the whole Alliance.

The same goes for the Horde in my eyes, because... Say Baine got the title of Warchief (not saying I think he ever would.) It'd end up with a lot more of a peaceful Horde, and the Tauren would be the more primary race of the Horde. That's just how it is, in my eyes. The Warchief, and the King of the Alliance, should both be of the races that actually founded the Horde/Alliance in the first place, to preserve it's structure and culture.

oh hey random guy who either is new or another account of pre existing poster used to make stabs.
    What does his join date have ANYTHING to do with what he said? Not saying I agree with him, but trying to attack someone for being new to the site make's him look right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Panda Man View Post
    The Warchief, and the King of the Alliance, should both be of the races that actually founded the Horde/Alliance in the first place, to preserve it's structure and culture.
    The Alliance and the Horde are the sum of their parts; that's what the Siege of Orgrimmar is going to show us. A Horde without the Trolls/Forsaken/Tauren/Blood Elves/Goblin is not the Horde; it's just a power-hungry Warchief and his fanatical followers.

One could make an argument about the factions needing to be lead by their original founders; but overall I think this has worked pretty poorly over the years. The Alliance has had a huge focus on the Vanilla races, for example; leaving the Draenei overwhelmingly neglected. I'd like to see this change; and I hope it will.

What the fuck? Still stuck in what mentality? The Orcs rallied every race under their banner led by Thrall. Now it's all different? The trolls haven't done shit sorry, neither has the Tauren, and the undead have done nothing either. The blood elves do not care for the Horde, they joined because the Alliance scumbagged them. And you don't want an Orc leader? Okay....

Deleted
    It would make most sense, if alliance nominates leader of their choice for new horde leader. This is how it happens usually after war.

Deleted
    Here's an idea. With Sylvanas not really being around since the Battle of Andorhal, she likely has the most uninjured, fresh soldiers. Even if she herself won't be the new Warchief, I'd imagine she would have a stromg saying in the matter. That's a good omen for Lor'Themar. Of course the ones who gave her the Undercity back were Thrall and Vol'Jin. Thrall hopefully dies, so that leaves the troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    What the fuck? Still stuck in what mentality? The Orcs rallied every race under their banner led by Thrall. Now it's all different? The trolls haven't done shit sorry, neither has the Tauren, and the undead have done nothing either. The blood elves do not care for the Horde, they joined because the Alliance scumbagged them. And you don't want an Orc leader? Okay....
    Well it really is true that they had an Orc leader who pretty much appointed a successor without asking any of his advisors about it, and said successor turned out to be a genocidal orc-suppremacist dick who alienated the horde more than Sylvanas could. We are now going to kill him. I can perfectly see all the non-orcs being fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well it really is true that they had an Orc leader who pretty much appointed a successor without asking any of his advisors about it, and said successor turned out to be a genocidal orc-suppremacist dick who alienated the horde more than Sylvanas could. We are now going to kill him. I can perfectly see all the non-orcs being fed up.
    Wait so Thrall needs the approval of the rest of the horde before deciding the leader of the Orcs? Like how the Tauren asked everyone else before appointing Baine? Do you know why he's the WARCHIEF? Because he's the strongest of all the Horde clans. And I don't have a problem with "we don't like garrosh so we gonna waste him." I have a problem with a weaker, minority faction of the Horde holding power as a Warchief. The Orcs are the strongest, don't think otherwise.

Btw, my favorite race was the Undead and Human in WC3, and a night elf warrior in WoW so don't think I'm some dumbass Orc fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Dreadlords also leave behind their armor when killed. The plot thickens...

- - - Updated - - -

None of the Orcs would accept it. The only thing stopping the different clans from fighting among eachother is having a Warchief that rules over all and can keep them in check. They won't listen to an Orc leader who is not the Warchief. Nor would they listen to a Warchief that is not an Orc.

If Blizzard indeed decides to go with this decision then they've just contradicted or retconned Orc society. And come on, seriously? That lame weakling as Warchief? He can't do shit. The Warchief needs to be physically strong as well as a good strategist.
    Realization 1) They're a fiction. Orc's don't exist.

Realization 2) This is Blizzard... they can say "this is a new generation of Orcs" and you'd accept it.

Realization 3) They could use that "old ideal" as new quests/stories of rebellion for future expansions.

I mean, hell, the sheer idea that Orcs could be settled somewhere on Azeroth and living at peace with the Alliance was already ludicrous. The whole idea of Thrall, based on your assumed logic of what an Orc is/isn't is also ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did they say this? It shouldn't be hard to find a quotation; preferably a recent one.
    o_O

That's been the whole theme of Pandaria and what Blizz/Metzen have been boasting about for the past near 2 years about MoP! They kept talking about "Getting back to Warcraft's roots".

A quick google search landed a quote from Metzen himself in an interview in 2012 about Pandaria:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/30/ch...real-villains/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A quick google search landed a quote from Metzen himself in an interview in 2012 about Pandaria:
    Sadly that is Metzen, and you are correct. Frankly i've stopped giving him the time of day however; even his voice acting is grating on me. There are more than two races in WoW; it's about time he recognized this, or leaves his station so that someone else who recognizes this fact can take his place.

Sadly that is Metzen, and you are correct. Frankly i've stopped giving him the time of day however; even his voice acting is grating on me. There are more than two races in WoW; it's about time he recognized this, or leaves his station so that someone else who recognizes this fact can take his place.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qFfD9cR.jpg[IMG]
    Hehee! ^_^

Actually, believe it or not, I agree that I don't want WoW to be about just Orcs vs Humans either. It's so stupidly limiting from an age where the game was a simple RTS. The majority who currently play WoW I don't believe have even played the first game... and many (such as myself) started with WoW as their first entry into the Warcraft World.

It's such a shame if they don't move on past this ridiculous Orcs and Humans focus on things and just move on to being Horde against Alliance vs the big nasties. The Horde isn't just "orcs" anymore. Just as the Alliance isn't about "humans" anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Wait so Thrall needs the approval of the rest of the horde before deciding the leader of the Orcs? Like how the Tauren asked everyone else before appointing Baine? Do you know why he's the WARCHIEF? Because he's the strongest of all the Horde clans. And I don't have a problem with "we don't like garrosh so we gonna waste him." I have a problem with a weaker, minority faction of the Horde holding power as a Warchief. The Orcs are the strongest, don't think otherwise.

Btw, my favorite race was the Undead and Human in WC3, and a night elf warrior in WoW so don't think I'm some dumbass Orc fanboy.
    Well since the Warchief tells the other races what to do, yeah it would have been nice. Especially since for example Cairne and Vol'Jin were Thralls advisers.

I don't know who appointed Darth Baine but Thrall wasn't his/her advisor. And Baine does not have the right to command Vol'Jin or Sylvanas. Big difference.

it wont be because wrathion says why varian didn't just claim the horde and unite into one whole alliance and get upset about it.