Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My guess is Saurfang or Rexxar, if anyone other than an Orc becomes Warchief I'm cancelling my subscription. Orcs are the reason we have a Horde in the first place. I'm not accepting anyone but an Orc Warchief. I'd also consider a War Council if no Orc is chosen but I still would hate for any other race to lead the Horde.

I see it like this, stupid or not. The forces of the Alliance turn to the broken Horde, shrug, and go "eh, while we're here". Everyone gets their dance battle poses on, and there is a blinding flash of light. Standing between the Alliance and Horde leaders is none other than; (Grom, Doomhammer, or Broxigar.) "We cannot weaken ourselves any further! The Burning Legion, the Zerg, Basic Campfire, derp derp derp. We must come together!" Then, the Hordelings fan-girl and choose them as the Warchief. We haven't had good M.Night Shyamalan twist in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    There is no Warchief, no toon of any other race that so embodies the new Horde other then that of Saurfang. A living legend, mighty and strong, but he know's his limits. He does not seek war, but seek's peace and what is best for the Horde.

Also.. the foreshadowing Blizzard put in so long ago.
    Not mentioning one of the most epic Lore moments in WoW.

Amen to this, IMO it has to be Saurfang and nobody else, the guy just represents the bad ass-ery of the horde to the highest extent.

I don't see any reason why Thrall's son would even be in the discussion. First of all, much like the Dothraki of A Song of Ice and Fire, the Orcs/the Horde of old respect power much more than blood. Second of all, even if one ruled by blood right, Thrall isn't Warchief. He has nothing for his son to inherit.

Deleted
    Like I previously said, it would make most sense if alliance nominates new warchief of their choice. This is how it always goes after war, the winner makes rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Like I previously said, it would make most sense if alliance nominates new warchief of their choice. This is how it always goes after war, the winner makes rules.
    Which would make sense if one could take seriously that Blizzard is going to package the story as "war is over and Alliance won", which we really can't take seriously at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Which would make sense if one could take seriously that Blizzard is going to package the story as "war is over and Alliance won", which we really can't take seriously at all.
    Whole expansion was about faction war. At best, it was temporary cease fire for co-operation to take down Garrosh. Alliance and horde are still at war, and those factions have not forgot their differences that have always been there, let alone recent genocides and other shit that has happened. Horde is fragmented, and easy to defeat.

Alliance has all reasons to make horde their puppet faction.

Whole expansion was about faction war. At best, it was temporary cease fire for co-operation to take down Garrosh. Alliance and horde are still at war, and those factions have not forgot their differences that have always been there, let alone recent genocides and other shit that has happened. Horde is fragmented, and easy to defeat.

Alliance has all reasons to make horde their puppet faction.
    You need to be a bit more Doylist in your thinking. Blizzard has nothing to gain by moving the Warcraft lore, let alone the player experience, in a direction of "war is over and Alliance won", so they aren't going to. Whatever you have to do to rationalize why that won't happen in the story, why the characters aren't going to behave that way, go ahead and rationalize, but what you aren't going to get is a puppet Warchief installed by Varian Wrynn. Might as well just let go of that fantasy now. At most, they might do it just for the sake of having the Horde overthrow the guy in some pre-expansion patch and reinvigorating themselves. The MOP flare-up of the war will end with the factions in the same uneasy détente they usually have.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take a guess at it being Lor'themar or Vol'jin. Their characters have been developed and have been involved in the majority of the lore in MoP, so it'd be an obvious road to go down, but if I'd go for one, I'd say Lor'themar. Sure, Vol'jin wants revenge, but he'll be really tired and I doubt he'd want so much power thrusted onto himself straight away.
    Sylvanas wouldn't be appointed-she's 'morally becoming' the Lich King 2.0 and that isn't a great face for the Horde. And Gallywix? NO-one wants a fat, corrupt b*****d sitting on a throne of money buying friends.
    On a side note, I wonder what Varian does during the Siege that pisses off Wrathion (and most likely Ally players that want a fist-pumping moment (much like myself!)).

Deleted
    There is no reason why they would not be able to gain anything for advancing lore with more believeable plot. Why do you think story could not be interesting after horde becoming puppet of alliance? there is always chance for rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Rexxar hasn't made appearance for years now.
    He can't just walk in and claim Warchief title.
    Actually that would be a nice one. A move no-one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Actually that would be a nice one. A move no-one would expect.
    And along with that, just because we know who the warchief is going to be, doesn't mean he's going to be right there in the cinematic. It's entirely possible that 5.5 will be going out to find rexxar, solving problems for him, and getting him ready to take up the mantle of warchief. the cinematic is simply "OH! you know who could do this and would -totally- say yes!? That one guy!"

Deleted
    If it's a Blewd Elf, i think i'll roll Alliance for once... and for all...

Anyways... it shall be... <insert random horde NPC similar to Bolvar>...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason why they would not be able to gain anything for advancing lore with more believeable plot. Why do you think story could not be interesting after horde becoming puppet of alliance? there is always chance for rebel.
    So you think good story telling would be to follow up an open Horde rebellion against their own leader with another open Horde rebellion against their leader? That would be terrible.

Blizzard has also said that they make the story fit the gameplay, not the gameplay to fit the story. They have to keep the factions on a relatively even playing field. There will be minor shifts one way or the other, but to have one faction become the puppet of the other would be way to far of a swing and would be likely to anger a lot of Horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So you think good story telling would be to follow up an open Horde rebellion against their own leader with another open Horde rebellion against their leader? That would be terrible.

Blizzard has also said that they make the story fit the gameplay, not the gameplay to fit the story. They have to keep the factions on a relatively even playing field. There will be minor shifts one way or the other, but to have one faction become the puppet of the other would be way to far of a swing and would be likely to anger a lot of Horde players.
    Agreed.

As I've said before, because of the need for gameplay balance you mentioned the more the Horde is beat down in the Siege of Orgrimmar, the more story focus they'll get over the next expansion or two building themselves back up. Somehow I don't believe this is what Alliance players really want.

Best for the Horde to come out of the Siege as intact as could be reasonably expected, with a well-respected and independent leader at the helm. Now the loss of the Kor'kron is non-trivial and could and should have implications going forward. But I think those implications can be dealt with without unbalancing the narrative.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    "The expansion ends on a high note for the Alliance. The full story has not yet been told!" (Polygon interview-MMOC front page)

Perhaps the the new Warchief won't be from the Horde at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    "The expansion ends on a high note for the Alliance. The full story has not yet been told!" (Polygon interview-MMOC front page)

I doubt the Alliance will be deciding who the warchief is. At most Varian will probably approve of whoever is selected.

I want to know how Blizzard is going to get around the Alliance just walking away from Orgrimmar. At the very least they would leave "observers", like the Kor'Kron in Undercity. More likely the city would be divied up into occupation zones a la Berlin and Vienna, but there is no way that is going to happen. It's just... ridiculous for the Alliance to just walk away from Orgrimmar like nothing happened... but that's really the only thing Blizzard can do, for gameplay reasons. It's not like this is a one time occurrence of a blood-thirsty maniac taking over the Horde and attacking the Alliance.

So I guess I don't really want to know how, but rather if they are going to acknowledge the situation at all. I suspect it'll just be Vol'jin going "T'anks for de help, mon. Get out."
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-08-24 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post

Highly unlikely for the reasons I outlined above your post.

There are a couple ways to go about giving the Alliance a victory without beating the Horde down too much. One, admittedly extreme and probably unlikely, possibility is the Alliance destroying much of the Underhold simply to make the point that they aren't to be screwed with. With Gelbin Mekkatorque there, I think they could figure out a way to do it without risking the city above.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Bolvar, obviously. There must always be... a Warchief.