Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Highly unlikely for the reasons I outlined above your post.

There are a couple ways to go about giving the Alliance a victory without beating the Horde down too much. One, admittedly extreme and probably unlikely, possibility is the Alliance destroying much of the Underhold simply to make the point that they aren't to be screwed with. With Gelbin Mekkatorque there, I think they could figure out a way to do it without risking the city above.
    I could see the Underhold being destroyed, if for no other reason than to explain why you can't go there in Org 5.5 or 6.0 onward story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Although it would be awesome if the Garrosh-fight ends with Infernals crashing down on all capitals, giving the Alliance a reason to quickly retreat and protect their own territory while at the same time giving an introduction to the new expansion.

That's actually a potentially good idea, as far as explaining why the Alliance doesn't occupy Orgrimmar, but it won't happen. Blizzard hasn't even announced the title of the next expansion yet.

Although Blizzard would have to do it in such a way that it doesn't come off as the Alliance going "Infernals? Fuck you guys, we're outta here", but still allow the Horde to keep Orgrimmar as more than smoking, Infernal-infested ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I want to know how Blizzard is going to get around the Alliance just walking away from Orgrimmar. At the very least they would leave "observers", like the Kor'Kron in Undercity. More likely the city would be divied up into occupation zones a la Berlin and Vienna, but there is no way that is going to happen. It's just... ridiculous for the Alliance to just walk away from Orgrimmar like nothing happened... but that's really the only thing Blizzard can do, for gameplay reasons. It's not like this is a one time occurrence of a blood-thirsty maniac taking over the Horde and attacking the Alliance.

So I guess I don't really want to know how, but rather if they are going to acknowledge the situation at all. I suspect it'll just be Vol'jin going "T'anks for de help, mon. Get out."
    Even from a lore perspective, we need to consider that the Horde rebellion might not be happy about being occupied. We don't know exactly how the Alliance and Horde rebels forces will compare when the dust settles, but there is little reason to assume the Alliance will be free to do whatever they please over the objections of the Horde rebels.

It's likely true that the Alliance has more troops available worldwide then the rebels do, but there is little reason to assume the Alliance have abandoned every other front on the planet. The rebels on the other hand have the home field advantage and are almost entirely focused on taking back Orgrimmar.

I think the Alliance is in a position to either receive some concessions or (as I proposed above) destroy the Underhold to make a point. However it's important they don't overreach and end up starting a completely new war that even if they do ultimately win would be an uphill battle with enormous. Even Wrathion believed the war would last for another year had the Alliance attempted to conquer Orgrimmar outright.

This isn't Berlin since Berlin had basically no anti-fascist partisans fighting alongside the Allies. In countries like Italy where there were lots of anti-fascist rebels, there was no serious post-war occupation (though Italy did make some territorial concessions).
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-08-24 at 02:41 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there will be some sort of "cliffhanger" in the final cinematic that will set up a world event for the pre-expansion launch.

start drumming up some excitement!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Hopefully there will be some sort of "cliffhanger" in the final cinematic that will set up a world event for the pre-expansion launch.

start drumming up some excitement!
    No. God no, no cliffhangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    No. God no, no cliffhangers.
    Cliffhangers are fun!
    Hi

Cliffhangers are fun!
    I disagree. I think they're really annoying. Especially when it will be months until the the next patch or expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cliffhangers are fun!
    Cliffhangers are okay when you're talking about a T.V. show, where you only have to wait until the next week to find out that *SPOILER* Hector looks at him */ENDSPOILER*. They're okay in books where, if you really want the answer, you can keep reading for as long as you like. As for a game like WoW, no thanks, I've been waiting for this question to be answered since MoP was announced, I'd rather not wait for a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Even from a lore perspective, we need to consider that the Horde rebellion might not be happy about being occupied. We don't know exactly how the Alliance and Horde rebels forces will compare when the dust settles, but there is little reason to assume the Alliance will be free to do whatever they please over the objections of the Horde rebels.
    Under the circumstances, I wouldn't expect the Alliance to be free to do whatever they please, or even wish to. But they would definitely want to maintain a presence in Orgrimmar. There is simply no way they would participate in dethroning Garrosh, then simply hand the keys to Vol'jin, when the Horde has been belligerent to the point of total war not once, not twice, but thrice.

I think the Alliance is in a position to either receive some concessions or (as I proposed above) destroy the Underhold to make a point. However it's important they don't overreach and end up starting a completely new war that even if they do ultimately win would be an uphill battle with enormous. Even Wrathion believed the war would last for another year had the Alliance attempted to conquer Orgrimmar outright.
    Destroying the Underhold would have all the impact of destroying Hitler's bunker. It does absolutely nothing to promote the Alliance's future security. The only way to do that is to maintain a presence in the city.

This isn't Berlin since Berlin had basically no anti-fascist partisans fighting alongside the Allies. In countries like Italy where there were lots of anti-fascist rebels, there was no serious post-war occupation (though Italy did make some territorial concessions).
    The Italians deposed Mussolini and flipped sides on their own, before the war ended. Ergo, it's not a relevant analogy. Heck, the Russians occupied Paris for a while after the Napoleonic Wars.

There is just no realistic way the Alliance simply hands the next warchief the keys and leaves, short of the intervention of something like the Burning Legion invading. Not after two previous Horde instigated wars, the Wrathgate, and Garrosh's war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I have to restart an old project of mine of a Saurfang HOPE style poster... LOL

#VoteSaurfang2013
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably be a surprise, or a more obscure choice. But my money is on Saurfang.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Alliance will kill Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Great, now I have to restart an old project of mine of a Saurfang HOPE style poster... LOL

#VoteSaurfang2013
    Do one of Chi-ji.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Do one of Chi-ji.
    Loved it! haha
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.

-General Nazgrim

If Varian chooses the I believe it will be Saurfang.

Varian will understand the Saurfang is a father and after losing his son understands the true price of war and further conflict. What happens after that I am not sure.

Or maybe Varian demands that door the Alliance to leave with Jaina standing there with an "Iris" empowered blast ready and Tyrande with an army of Night Elves on the border of Ashenvale ready to strike along with the Alliance forces already in place, that the Alliance will not leave unless the Orcs agree to Varians demands including the Orc racial leader. Varian will designate the council who will choose the next Warchief.

Or something like that.
    Last edited by kensim; 2013-08-24 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Looks like we don't have to wait till the story patch after 5.4 to see who our new Warchief will be:

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...ckton-1084635/

(video interview is in english, written article in german)
    Pretty sure there wont be a warchief but something new......like a horde council or something I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Kosak's interview with Panser also confirms that the Warchief will be chosen at the end of the Raid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSvUPm-x6s

Pretty excited about it, dont even care who it is at this point, just want to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Pretty sure there wont be a warchief but something new......like a horde council or something I dunno.
    There has been confirmed some times that it will be a Warchief. Including Wrathion's soundfiles.

-General Nazgrim

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta be kidding by saying Varian is a Badass. It's obvious that any Horde leader is better than Horde, cause every Hordie is grown up between Evil and Good, and we do Badass things to make Horde be on top always. Alliance just talks about Justice and angels... '-'

Saurfang or baine. Someone to please the alliance but still a strong guy... However I see Thrall's son as a predestined!