Deleted

Patch 5.4 out on September 10

Hey guys,

i am extremely confused right now. Yes it's a bit of qq but since i pretty much quit 1 1/2 months ago im more asking out of curiousity.

So new Patch 5.4 will be out on September 10, that means the PTR testing and changes are more or less in the end phase/ at the end.

I read a bit through all patch notes since the beginning and i'm seriously asking - that's it?

I know it's pretty pointless but i just can't catch the logic of all of this.

Fury has been adressed as a bit too weak by Greg Street himself and i don't think i have to say anything about Arms.

So they buff Bladestorm, add tiny bit of more cleave, make some weird ass stuff with slam which is mostly senseless and don't touch Fury at all.

So they buff Rogues, Warlocks and all the other guys that are extremely out performing other classes.

Like, oh there is this one spec of a class which is not topping every meter like the other 2, so let's raise that spec on pair with the others.

Or not even care about that and just buff obviously "overpowered" classes.

There are enough warrior qq posts but i just felt like "..What? Lol" when reading Patch is coming out in 2 1/2 weeks.

What is this? Can anybody tell me if this ridiculously amount changes make any real difference in how we always were good at the end of an expansion?
    Last edited by mmocc8d2ce4abf; 2013-08-22 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousBlade View Post
    Hey guys,

i am extremely confused right now. Yes it's a bit of qq but since i pretty much quit 1 1/2 months ago im more asking out of curiousity.

So new Patch 5.4 will be out on September 10, that means the PTR testing and changes are more or less in the end phase/ at the end.

I read a bit through all patch notes since the beginning and i'm seriously asking - that's it?

I know it's pretty pointless but i just can't catch the logic of all of this.

Fury has been adressed as a bit too weak by Greg Street himself and i don't think i have to say anything about Arms.

So they buff Bladestorm, add tiny bit of more cleave, make some weird ass stuff with slam which is mostly senseless and don't touch Fury at all.

So they buff Rogues, Warlocks and all the other guys that are extremely out performing other classes.

Like, oh there is this one spec of a class which is not topping every meter like the other 2, so let's raise that spec on pair with the others.

Or not even care about that and just buff obviously "overpowered" classes.

There are enough warrior qq posts but i just felt like "..What? Lol" when reading Patch is coming out in 2 1/2 weeks.

What is this? Can anybody tell me if this ridiculously amount changes make any real difference in how we always were good at the end of an expansion?
    A few things: Ole Greg said that he had a preminition that fury was low. He never said it out-right
    With the removal (or nerf) of RPPM, fury is much better than current. We should go back to around our former glory.
    Rogues and the other guys are really hurt by the RPPM change (albeit some needed to be hurt), but that is how they justify the buffs.

Not that I agree with all of it, but that is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousBlade View Post
    Can anybody tell me if this ridiculously amount changes make any real difference in how we always were good at the end of an expansion?
    Sj hit on mos of your post already, but I'm going to address this part specifically. The reason Warriross have traditionally been so good at the end of expacs is because of they way they scaled. That ended with the big changes the class recieved in Cata and again in MoP. Warriors do not scale nearly as well with gear anymore, and the lack of a gimmicky proc weapon like Gurth in DS eliminates that as well.

Most Warriors are currently upset over the massive amount of Arms tweaks and the complete lack of Fury attention. Whether or not the change to RPPM and subsequent buffs to other classes will still have Fury in a good place next tier remains to be seen.

More than likely we will be "forced" into playing Arms, a spec that very few people like, to remain competitive via SS cleave. Similar to how most Rogues in T14 went Combat and did great damage simply because they had Blade Flurry active, regardless of how well they played.

Taking the PTR down and calling it finished three weeks before the patch is supposed to go live is no where near the norm of when blizzard usually does that. Alot of people were expecting it next wednesday and I think partially why it isn't released earlier is because they still have things to tweak. They got alot of good 10man data but 25man modes have barely started so I wouldn't be surprised to see more class tweaking during the next few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Sj hit on mos of your post already, but I'm going to address this part specifically. The reason Warriross have traditionally been so good at the end of expacs is because of they way they scaled. That ended with the big changes the class recieved in Cata and again in MoP. Warriors do not scale nearly as well with gear anymore, and the lack of a gimmicky proc weapon like Gurth in DS eliminates that as well.

Most Warriors are currently upset over the massive amount of Arms tweaks and the complete lack of Fury attention. Whether or not the change to RPPM and subsequent buffs to other classes will still have Fury in a good place next tier remains to be seen.

More than likely we will be "forced" into playing Arms, a spec that very few people like, to remain competitive via SS cleave. Similar to how most Rogues in T14 went Combat and did great damage simply because they had Blade Flurry active, regardless of how well they played.
    No, we still scale incredibly well with gear. The problem is that other classes scaled better due to the combination of haste buffing RPPM trinket uptime and also being their best stat for pure DPS. So comparatively they had larger gains, but those gains were item specific.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    More than likely we will be "forced" into playing Arms, a spec that very few people like, to remain competitive via SS cleave.
    Not that surprising. 8 weeks ago you saw most of this forum crying for warrior buffs, complaining that Arms (and Fury) damage is way too low. Now they buff the most underrepresented spec and suddenly people complain that they have to play it.

Deleted
    why does pll complain about "forced to play arms" i prefer fury over arms but i perfer arms over bench and bench is imom the only option for fury.

and if you are not in risk to sit on the bench you are not force to play any spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    why does pll complain about "forced to play arms" i prefer fury over arms but i perfer arms over bench and bench is imom the only option for fury.

and if you are not in risk to sit on the bench you are not force to play any spec
    "Forced" is a term which is ALWAYS applicable to doing ANYTHING which benefits you or the raid in any measurable sense. Hardcore raiders, and even more dedicated but less progression oriented raiders will often feel "Forced" to do anything which will improve their in raid experience but which they might not otherwise do. It's part of being a MMO really.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    They got alot of good 10man data but 25man modes have barely started so I wouldn't be surprised to see more class tweaking during the next few weeks.
    Unless I'm mistaken, did they not just finish 25-man normal testing, like, yesterday? I wouldn't call that "barely started," especially since the majority of 25-man testing has been to check out the numbers, since 10-man testing handled most of the mechanics.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    Not that surprising. 8 weeks ago you saw most of this forum crying for warrior buffs, complaining that Arms (and Fury) damage is way too low. Now they buff the most underrepresented spec and suddenly people complain that they have to play it.
    That aint surprising either, most people will always just find something new to whine about, there will always be complaining, no matter what blizzard do.
    Last edited by mmoc283a96e846; 2013-08-24 at 03:53 PM.