Poll: Thoughts on underwater zones

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    Keyboard turners hates it
    I turn with my mouse, have 90+% of the 60ish buttons on my bars bound to keys and dislike underwater zones.

As long as there are options, I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post

Vashj'ir didn't suck because it was underwater. It sucked because its story was absolute shit. Mount Hyjal blew it out of the water in every respect.
    well thats BS. It was the best zone ever an it was cause of the immersion and beauty, and especially story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Underwater combat as melee is a horrible experience. No rational person could enjoy playing melee in a zone like Vash'jr.
    Most of my toons, including my main, are melee, and I put every single alt I level through Vashj'ir. I found it somewhat preferable as melee because you didn't have to keep changing the camera angle to reach the corpse to loot it. With melee, things die right in front of you, just click and loot. With range, especially range that like using slows in combat, if the mob dies before it reaches you, then you have to deal with the bad depth perception when trying to swim to the body and loot the corpse.

As for my thoughts on underwater zones in general, I thought Vashj'ir was good, but that's no guarantee that the next one will be good. I certainly wont complain about another being added.

Multi-Funcional Mounts Air/Water and it would work imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir didn't suck because it was underwater. It sucked because its story was absolute shit. Mount Hyjal blew it out of the water in every respect.
    100% disagree. I absolutely hate Mt Hyjal, and Vashj'ir is my favourite zone because of the story. It was the first time that the quest givers felt like comrades instead of just random guys giving me spare change and loot for odd jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiming in to agree with everyone else. Vashj'ir's storyline was phenomenal. It's the primary reason I'm so pissed at Nazgrim being a raid boss. We went through hell to fight those Nagas and try to save Neptulon. The characters and connections made in Vashj'ir are extremely well-done. The story is perfect.

I'd be okay with an underwater zone or two but I wouldn't want the whole expansion to be that way. It would get old fast if you couldn't escape it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really mind..it was a nice change of pace though as well as nice "omg i'm stranded" type feeling rather than a "I'm going to enter a zone and kill everything in sight"

Deleted
    Keyboard turners hates it, and it's possible that they take up 70% of wow's population
    I don't turn my Keyboard and i dont like Vashj...

I get dizzy in those zones.. I can't position myself in the 3D environment that's projected onto 2D screen without any depth perception. I get dizzy.. Did I said I get dizzy in those zones? Plus, at least Vash'jir' had so much clutter in some places that I could barely see myself.. Plus it makes me dizzy...
    I can live with those zones, but finishing Vash'jir on my first char took me.. well whole Cataclysm from day 1 till Dragon Soul patch.. >.<'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Keyboard turners hates it, and it's possible that they take up 70% of wow's population
    Do they?
    Are you the keyboard turners head speaker?

...nahh your not are ya, just some numpty on the internet that likes to think he/she is the voice for everyone else, fucking place is full of them here.

This zone was best zone in cata, in fact i think its been the best zone all together....Because it was 'different' to all the other same old shit they kept coming out with. Hoping they do alot more of this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Can't cast ground-target abilities in the middle of the water. Fix that problem and underwater zones will be fine.
    To be honest, how in the world would they fix that? I guess they could re-design the ability so that it had an alternate ability in Vashj'ir.

Deleted
    I loved vashjir, my favourite zone of the Cataclysm zones.

I absolutely loved it in cata, definitly want more underwater zones.

Give us more underwater zones, but give the people who dont like them some other zones aswell.

Its good. Totally loved Vash'jir, and wouldn't mind more of zones like it.

I liked the idea of the environment reflects as if it is underwater, however normal gravity laws apply. I just can't get into the 3d nature of the Vash'jir experience.

Thought it was new and cool in cata for about 1 level then switched to land and stayed for the rest of xpac.

Love it.
    One more thing to separate the binders from the clickers.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    I voted that I don't care. I loved Vashj'ir, but I don't want an Azeroth set expansion.