Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    well ingame mentionings of an afterlife are most often named " Void or The Void.
    as far i read/seen most ingame races believe after dieing they head towards something with this name, though the description of itself varies.
    tauren view it as a great plain for hunting, while orcs more see it as an eternal battlefield. trolls seem to believe more in a spirit world.
    but all 3 of these races have ingame mentions towards calling it the Void. if i remember correctly the alliance side has some reference too it also with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Well we don't need it to be christian style. Remember that, for example, the greeks had mount Olympus and Hades (I forget where they went when they died other than Hades).
    Everybody went to Hades. But Hades isn't hell, it's a general purpose afterlife with different areas, including some sort of paradise for "good" people. In the same vein, Hades was not an evil god, he just happened to be responsible for the dead. All of them.

Olympus was just the Home of the gods, it had nothing to do with the afterlife.

10+ Year Old Account
    "As light cannot exist without darkness, and darkness without light, some priests tap into shadow to better understand their own abilities, as well as the abilities of those who threaten them."

Since there is a WoW hell of darkness/pain/suffering(Sylvanas short story), there must also be a WoW heaven of light/pleasure/enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    I would say yes. The Church of The Light or whatever it is called is kind of modeled after Christianity so I believe yes there is....for the people who follow that religion.
    Only if you squint really hard and ignore half of the information about it. They have fairly little in common beyond being churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    I don't want to go off topic. So this will be short. I'm glad I don't believe in a non-physical entity. And what I believe is a "have" not a have not.
    I think that whatever works for someone is a good way for him/her to go about living his life. As long as it is not something unethical, in the most objective way possible, of course. So as long as you are trying to be a good person, nobody should really be annoyed that you don't agree with them, unless they are quite selfish. Although I have to disagree with your definition of belief: I think that belief is by nature about something that we trust is true, exactly because we can't know if it is. So there is no belief in what we have, but rather what we wish/trust that we have.

The reason I mentioned what I wrote before is because people, from both/most sides seem to be obssessed with linking natural science with religion and beliefs in general; when the two are entirely different things; and naturally end up on a dead end; whcih sadly doesn't prevent them from banging their heads on its wall repeatedly, all the time wondering why the wall won't go away.

On topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Light_Within_the_Darkness

So there is an afterlife, and there is no evil in this particular version. That's probably the closest I've seen to a heaven equivalent in Warcraft.
    I may be remembering this wrong, but in a short story about Sylvanas, on the game's site, taking place after Arthas' death: she goes into a form of afterlife, where she finds Arthas, being tormented. That could be WarCraft's equivalent of Hell. Unless she was imagining it or something.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-08-23 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Where do all dead people go after death?
    Back to their bodies.

I guess those poor souls who can't find their bodies or make it back to a healer (or, I dunno, an Undead person ate them) just remain as ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only if you squint really hard and ignore half of the information about it. They have fairly little in common beyond being churches.
    Note I did say..."kind of" meaning obviously they are gonna be some big differences. It isn't just churches, but positions named after Christan leader positions like Bishops and Archbishops. Also if you played the older games, you can clearly tell it was modeled after the Christian faith. Here is a line from Warcraft 1 manual

"As the archangels took up swords of light to defend the heavens, so must we take up holy arms to defend our lands."

That is CLEARLY Christian inspired.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Retcon_1#The_Holy_Light Blizzard moved away from the Christian overtones. That however IMO doesn't change the fact it was modeled after the Christian religion. This to me makes me think they believe in a afterlife, especially due to the quest in WOTLK. Hmmm maybe heaven is wrong, maybe a place like Heaven would be more proper here.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-08-23 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Why must they go somewhere?

Dead people don't go anywhere in real life.
    That's a very sad way to live. Believing in reincarnation is more viable than assuming there's nothing after death.

After they die, 99.7% of the time people tend to go to the GY

another .1% is unable to release
    another .1% glitches and goes to hell (falls through the ground)
    another .1% is fast enough to press ACCEPT before the release sequence end and gets a free anhk w.o being a shaman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    That's a very sad way to live. Believing in reincarnation is more viable than assuming there's nothing after death.
    Ah, but if you believe in reincarnation, unless your soul has finally "suffered" enough in the Wheel of Life, then you are stuck being miserable on Earth again and again and again instead of obtaining some sort of perfect bliss.

Not going anywhere after dying is the most perfect form of rest, no consciousness, no pain, no nothing... imagine sleeping and hearing no noise, feeling no discomfort.. nothing... just perfect.

but hey, im pretty sure there are those that would like to come back and be miserable again... the only way i would sign up for that, would be if i could retain my memories from my previous lives -- i prob would be miserable, but at least know and understand things in general, and continue gaining knowledge for the sake of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    After they die, 99.7% of the time people tend to go to the GY

another .1% is unable to release
    another .1% glitches and goes to hell (falls through the ground)
    another .1% is fast enough to press ACCEPT before the release sequence end and gets a free anhk w.o being a shaman

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but if you believe in reincarnation, unless your soul has finally "suffered" enough in the Wheel of Life, then you are stuck being miserable on Earth again and again and again instead of obtaining some sort of perfect bliss.

Not going anywhere after dying is the most perfect form of rest, no consciousness, no pain, no nothing... imagine sleeping and hearing no noise, feeling no discomfort.. nothing... just perfect.

but hey, im pretty sure there are those that would like to come back and be miserable again... the only way i would sign up for that, would be if i could retain my memories from my previous lives -- i prob would be miserable, but at least know and understand things in general, and continue gaining knowledge for the sake of learning.
    That's your sad opinion. And that's not how reincarnation works. Reincarnation is different in every culture. Most people would prefer life over a state of nothingness, sorry.

That's your sad opinion. And that's not how reincarnation works. Reincarnation is different in every culture. Most people would prefer life over a state of nothingness, sorry.
    That's your sad opinion - You must enjoy all the ponies and rainbows of this world. I also missed the study showing that most people prefer life over a state of nothingness, good thing i was only speaking for myself and not everyone else, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But there is the spirit world which is kinda like it. But it isn't made up place like heaven.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think it depends on religion/race. Night elves become wisps, trolls go to Bwonsomde(or however it's spelled), shamans become ancestor spirits to help future shamans, etc.

There are many different afterlifes.
    I believe Orcs generally go to a place of vast open fields and forests with all kinds of beasts where they can hunt and fight for all of eternity.

There is the big scary vortex that appears when you are corpse running, there should be some kind of light in there :P

Do the quest "A Tale of Valor" in Icecrown. There's really no doubt there's some form of nirvana, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Where do all dead people go after death?

Mod warnings:
    Also, guys, do NOT turn this into a religious debate please. Not only is this not the place for it, but it is against the forum rules. -Tziva
    Keep the discussion to Warcraft. -Daetur
    There is no need for heaven or hell, because wednesday morning, everything lives again....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    The recycle bin on the desktop
    Ok, I'll admit that had me laughing for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Likewise there's never been mention of Hell, only hellish realms of demons and such. The only reference being Sylvanas and, given the circumstances, we can just say she was having a delusion in a catatonic state at the time.
    Were she catatonic, I'm not sure the Val'kyr would have needed to sacrifice one of their number to take her place in that darkness she found herself in. The pact made from that is very much present and not a result of any delusions (you see that in the Forsaken quest line around level 20).

While I agree that there isn't a paradise city with streets of gold in heaven or a lake of fire/burning pits of hell in WoW's theology, the established lore does point toward locations where spirits go. There are more than just the Titans out there after all (and the Titans aren't the creators of WoW's universe, so they don't control everything), so they could have additional influence (both good and evil in nature) on the spirits/souls/whatever of different races, even if that influence doesn't appear until sometime after their creation.

We will not be conscious and go into non-existence. Though it's not a bad thing. Death should be as natural as birth, but we cling to ourselves, people and memory. That is why people actually follow Christianity. They don't really believe it and heaven. It's just a bargain for immortality. If people actually believed in heaven/hell they would be running mad in the streets.

That said nature does seem to recycle itself. If we did come into existence again who knows in what way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on race. Humans, Dwarves, Blood/High Elves and Draenei have a kinda light-y heaven analogue. Forsaken have a hell-y analogue. Orcs live on as spirits, worshipped by their future generations. Shamanistic trolls, dwarves, draenei, goblins, tauren might do the same as Orcs, while most would go to their Loa of the dead, Bwonsamde.

Tauren spirits go to the Earthmother. Night Elves become Wisp spirits off in the forest. Pandaren practice ancestor worship as well, so it's likely their spirits remain.

Goblins and Gnomes don't seem formally religious, but I would guess Gnomes do the human thing. Goblins do have a priest cast and have some sort of god of wealth (literally worship the almighty dollar). Hard to say, though. Presumably when they die they go to an unsecured bank vault.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.