Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Ghostcrawler promised me a Pony!"

Does anyone have the origin on this phrase exactly? Very interested if anyone has a screenshot of the original thread this was posted in, the OP of that thread, and the quote itself.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to make requests, sorry in advanced!

Cheers mmo-champ!

Deleted
    http://bit.ly/17O1T51

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-08-22 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be an appropriate place?

I can't quite remember the terms of it's origination, or the nature of the thread it started in, but it was over the issue that Ghostcrawler couldn't say ANYTHING without someone taking it to heart and promising them "a pony".

He'd say "Oh yeah we'd love to try and make this a possibility!" and when it didn't pan out 16 months down the line people would hold up big signs saying "GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED US THIS THING HE SAID HED LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN!".

It's happened time and time again over the years where he's said he'd like to see something happen or they were trying to make something happen or they'd like to see something happen or they were looking at the possibility at something and people would twist and spin the words into ALWAYS A confirmation.

Then people would get on outlets, forums, and say "remember the time we were promised this!" and people would vaguely remember something of the sort, but they were actually never promised anything but nobody ever would ask for any source on the item so we'd end up having angry mobs of people backing these things which were never really happening as if they really were happening an when they didn't happen they said "But Ghostcrawler promised us [a pony]" and it would be an endless circle jerk of promises that never were actually promises to begin with.

It's going off the trope that a little girl would want a pony and her parents would always promise her a pony but would never deliver on that promise. It's used ironically.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-22 at 09:55 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I've tried searching for the passed hour with no luck, figured I'd try here incase someone had it screencapped for future lulz. Appreciate the response though!

- - - Updated - - -

To be quite honest here, I'm the one who incited the response from Ghostcrawler "GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED ME A PONY!"

I wrote a crude QQ post directed at the 'promises' of patch 3.3(I think) one of these 'promises' they had listed was a buff to Fire mages in PvP. During the time Fire Mages were sub-par compared to Arcane and Frost in every way, lacking control, defense, on demand burst, it was completely RNG based, and though I enjoyed the class very much I believed it needed attention, and when they had suggested they might look into it I got excited, but when the official notes for the patch were released they had actually nerfed Fire mages instead of addressing anything, and I blew my top regrettably.

I really just wanna show my buddy but cannot find anything for the life of me.

Deleted
    There is an archive somewhere, but godammit I can't find it right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    It must be hard being a smartass when you failed to spell 'promised' right. >.<

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I love you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMage View Post
    I've tried searching for the passed hour with no luck, figured I'd try here incase someone had it screencapped for future lulz. Appreciate the response though!

- - - Updated - - -

To be quite honest here, I'm the one who incited the response from Ghostcrawler "GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED ME A PONY!"

I wrote a crude QQ post directed at the 'promises' of patch 3.3(I think) one of these 'promises' they had listed was a buff to Fire mages in PvP. During the time Fire Mages were sub-par compared to Arcane and Frost in every way, lacking control, defense, on demand burst, it was completely RNG based, and though I enjoyed the class very much I believed it needed attention, and when they had suggested they might look into it I got excited, but when the official notes for the patch were released they had actually nerfed Fire mages instead of addressing anything, and I blew my top regrettably.

I really just wanna show my buddy but cannot find anything for the life of me.
    I'm gonna assume it was on the old forums and is now lost forever. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    There is an archive somewhere, but godammit I can't find it right now
    Archive is slow and very hard to navigate because 75% of the pages will not load, I was also unable to search my own name, or Ghostcrawlers posts in the 2009 period.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    It must be hard being a smartass when you failed to spell 'promised' right. >.<
    Sometimes you feel like a nut
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

You know, I honestly don't think that was the original post, I can't see myself mentioning anything about Frost at that point, I was strictly fire because I found the frost game play to be horribly boring, I also think it was more QQeque lol. I was a stupid kid. It gives a link to what I'm thinking is the post on the forum, but it because the original forums are no longer existent it brings you to the current forum model.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMage View Post
    Archive is slow and very hard to navigate because 75% of the pages will not load, I was also unable to search my own name, or Ghostcrawlers posts in the 2009 period.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/ghostcraw...sed-me-a-pony/

scroll down to the wow memes and to the article

bam there you go.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing promised us a pony. Ghostcrawler promised us a moose.
    Probably a merging of the two.

Deleted
    I'm beginning to think the thread was deleted, It's not on MMOC's blue tracker at all.

Interestingly there's lots of responses from him at this time, a lot of which sound a little... emo, but that one just isn't there. I don't think he was very good at dealing with the playerbase back then

It was during a Q and A at blizzcon in 09. Mages were crying and he replied with a ghostcrawler promised me a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    I'm beginning to think the thread was deleted, It's not on MMOC's blue tracker at all.

Interestingly there's lots of responses from him at this time, a lot of which sound a little... emo, but that one just isn't there. I don't think he was very good at dealing with the playerbase back then
    I think I've found it, searching through one of the links (Wowblues) I searched my character name 'Swiss' and found one with a response from Ghostcrawler. The tread may have been deleted, you're right.

Deleted
    Based on that info I think I found it in MMOC blue tracker, not that it's really that important now since you got off the other site but here it is anyways http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/6...-look-likeyet/

Years ago, Ghostcrawler promised me a moose.

Thank you based Crab.

ALSO HIGHMOUNTAIN MOOSE TAUREN SUBRACE AH YEAH
    You just lost The Game