Poll: Should Blizzard add Flails to the game?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Flails. Should we have them?

Do you think in the next expansion, Blizzard should add Flails to the game? they would be one handed and two handed variants, they would be used by Warriors, Death Knights, Paladins.

Just think how awesome it could be! Bashing in a gnomes skull with a flail! Also, think of how awesome the artists could get with it...

Not sure if they would look decent.

They usually involve some kind of chain, almost any chain in wow isn't even 3d, just a 2d thingy.

Except those big ones in Blackrock of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be the official weapon of moongaurd. but on a serious note flails arent a very intimidating weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    cool? yes. possible? no. Warcraft engine doesn't have a physics engine, if there is one it's very basic.

flail will require alot of animations because every race holds weapons differenty. so the chain must have unique animations for each race and gender. either that or the flail can move the chain using physics engine. the former is the possible way for blizz to add flail to wow, and it is not a very easy one.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But you could have it be anything! Even a flaming skull on a stick! IMAGINE THAT, REDRUN. A FLAMING SKULL ON A STICK... PHYSICS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    would be the official weapon of moongaurd. but on a serious note flails arent a very intimidating weapon.

Deleted
    Might be doable. It's not like it truly needs "physics" anyways - look at cloaks, they follow a set animation to give the illusion of physics. Could easily do the same thing with a "floppy" weapon type.

They would only need to create an animation for combat-stance, normal attack, crit(if that even has one), dual-wield normal, special attack and dual-wield special, and possibly some movement for when you dodge/block/parry too.

(Unrelated - your avatar made me want to watch Danger Mouse! Haven't seen that since I was a child)
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-08-22 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it but i don't think it will happen.....

They should do it if and only if they do it to some maces, and don't add an entirely new weapon class. Also if they have a good enough physics engine. Which, in retrospect, they probably don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would actually be pretty cool. I've always liked flails despite their... awkwardness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but only after they add Physx for them and cloaks XD.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...77296064371123

How is that not intimidating?

15+ Year Old Account
    like i said it is possible but it needs alot of animations. for example swords/axes/maces all use the same swinging animations if im not mistaken. but flail has to be unique.

not only each race and gender must have different swinging animation but the weapon itself must have different animations. for example, a draenei swings the flail faster and he swings it clockwise, the human swings it slower but instead of doing it clockwise he lands the flail infront of him (counter clockwise animation.) just hold an imaginary flail in your hand and see the different ways you can swing it.

but it is possible for flails to be added.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever seen WoW's combat? About 90% of the time your weapon doesn't even come into contact with the person or beastie that you're swinging at. Soooo combat in WoW is already clunky and awkward, and flails would look even more awkward.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Why'd it be exclusive to three classes? That'd never work in WoW
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans knights had flails. They didn't look awkward. Yay for flails!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    Warcraft: Orcs and Humans knights had flails. They didn't look awkward. Yay for flails!

suddently images of my childhood flashed before me in milliseconds...

aw those were the days...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes I should have some.

I don't really care about in-game though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    It would take a lot of visual resources and itemization time, so I voted "No" in the sense of "this is totally unnecessary".

If they could do it well, though (new tech, etc) then sure, why not. Especially with xmog, more > less, all other things held equal. :p

Deleted
    YES! There was a DK concept art for WotLK with a flail! It looked BADASS!

We need warglaives and moon blades imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.