Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So Blizzard is developing Half Life 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    I feel like they're trying to make all execute spells even MORE deadly.

Dispatch buffed, Soul Reaper. Anything els?
    Certain classes are having trouble finishing off nearly dead players on PTR?

PVP balance is a pain, not only do you have to balance classes, but you also have to make sure burst isn´t too high, healing is meaningful yet not so strong that matches last forever, but also, you have to make sure a nearly dead player can be finished off..

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Do you think I care if you think I'm small? Calling someone who lies a liar doesn't make me small. I don't believe him, deal with it. It's PR, if he actually played he would know more about the game and wouldn't make ignorant statements all the time like not knowing what classes have blanket silences. The fact that he said he's in a heroic 25m is a joke. There is no way someone as busy as him has the time to progress heroics. If you want to believe everything that is spoon fed to you then gratz on being "big".

Now queue the I work 90 hours a week and I'm 13/13 posts.
    You can be 13/13H by now doing 8 hours a week or something. Also "heroic 25m" doesn't even equate to that, he could be an 11/13 or something guild, that's easily doable on an 8 hour raid week schedule. There are tons of heroic 25m guilds at various progress level and time/commitment levels. Yes the numbers have thinned in MOP due to 10m and other issues, but they still exist.

Do you think I care if you think I'm small? Calling someone who lies a liar doesn't make me small. I don't believe him, deal with it. It's PR, if he actually played he would know more about the game and wouldn't make ignorant statements all the time like not knowing what classes have blanket silences. The fact that he said he's in a heroic 25m is a joke. There is no way someone as busy as him has the time to progress heroics. If you want to believe everything that is spoon fed to you then gratz on being "big".

Let me guess to you only people who live on hotpockets in their mother's basement are the only ones who do heroic raiding? If anything I noticed people who tend to do Heroic content actually are 20-30 year old young professionals that range from accountants to auditors to lawyers in training to young physicians to business manager (you get my point). I know personally I average about 45 hours a week (not including time I have to go into work at 3 AM because something bad happens) and I have more than enough time to raid 12 hours a week and currently I am 11/13 HM (should be 13/13 HM by this point but our guild has been on Hiatus for the past 10 weeks due to real life issues with my guild members). I am a bit surprised you think that only "no lifers" have the time to do heroic content. Yet I guess some people just have better time management skills than others...

link the quote where he messed up about blanket silences. But that still doesn´t mean he doesn´t play. If he messed up something after working 50hrs per week on the game, playing the game for a few hours at night isn´t going to teach him that. I know he played a warrior tank in Vanilla and said he was playing mostly unholy DK this expansion.. but not sure to what extent that is his new main or whatever.

In any event, the guy creates the rotations and is in very early on the boss fight mechanisms and devotes his entire workday to the game... Not to mention probably has the highest end computer possible to play on.. But he was a raider in vanilla, my guess is he isn´t doing pet battles or summoning his cooking student every day either.

And I agree, calling someone a liar based on nothing is pretty small.

i think he called you small because youre jumping down someones throat over something so small. why would gc give you his armory, so people can roll onto his realm and constantly spam him with shit like WHY IS MY CLASS NOT BALANCED???? honestly we don't even know how many hours he works or how many hours he raids.

and on the subject of knowing classes i think you forget greg is one guy and there are what, 34 specs? there are people who have played one class/spec for years on end and i doubt they know every single tiny thing about that spec. and this guy has to balance all 34 of them at the same time with some other people.

i think people give gc more credit than he's worth. he's not a one man army and he can't balance every spec around both pve and pvp to make your favorite class run with the pack

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    i think people give gc more credit than he's worth. he's not a one man army and he can't balance every spec around both pve and pvp to make your favorite class run with the pack
    And as he mentioned, he just happens to be the Lead Designer which makes him take the brunt of the fallout. But the actual design is done by a team of many people.

Ummm.... are unholy dk's soul reapers going to hit like a truck? with that 25% UM and soul reaper buff, i mean WOW.

GoAK as a 5 minute H Paly CD is a complete joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    wheres those fury buff i heard some time ago blizz ?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You can be 13/13H by now doing 8 hours a week or something. Also "heroic 25m" doesn't even equate to that, he could be an 11/13 or something guild, that's easily doable on an 8 hour raid week schedule. There are tons of heroic 25m guilds at various progress level and time/commitment levels. Yes the numbers have thinned in MOP due to 10m and other issues, but they still exist.
    He doesn't just work 8 hours a day like I said. Also he constantly travels all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    And as he mentioned, he just happens to be the Lead Designer which makes him take the brunt of the fallout. But the actual design is done by a team of many people.
    don't get me wrong though gc can be incompetent at times but in reality this is all part of the design philosophy of mmos in general and wow is not the first mmo to have a lead developer sometimes believe he is right when he could be wrong.

i think gc does a fine job but yes there are lowball moments where even i think "wow what."

i hope they roll out some other class changes - this dk stuff is starting to look pretty scary in pvp...

I feel bad for Greg, too many trolls and nerdrage out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can anyone not like GC. You can tell he loves the game he works on and makes decisions that are for the bettering of the game.

Deleted
    Blizz announce Reaper of Souls xpac for Diablo.
    Blizz buffs Soul Reaper for Death Knights.

COINCIDENCE!!!???
    I think not!

/TINFOIL

Seems like Dks will be op in pvp.

30% reduction to healing and SP scaling? So much for my resto shaman being buffed in 5.4 That's a pretty drastic pull back. I understand they were having lag issues due to healing but was it really because healing was too efficient? And why just Shaman and pallies? What about Resto Druid or Holy Priest who also have AE healing? I wish I understood more about why the change was needed but right now it feels like cutting these abilities so they don't have to bother fixing the problem.

Yay Elemental Shammy buffs... FINALLY!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Blizz announce Reaper of Souls xpac for Diablo.
    Blizz buffs Soul Reaper for Death Knights.

COINCIDENCE!!!???
    I think not!

/TINFOIL
    #Illuminati

Looks like he plays DK with all of these buffs lol.