Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What classes played by a skilled person impress you?

What I mean is, we all know who tops the metres and ranks are a the same 3-4 classes. But There are underpowered classes that sometimes come out of no where and make you go wut? what is this XXX doing, doing so much dps!? For me is enh shamans had one in our raid that was pretty impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything can rise to the top of the ranks of the mediocre

Retribution Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any non-BM hunter that is high ranked in arenas and has been for most seasons. There's so much micromanaging with that class, most people never appreciate what it takes to truly be a pro Hunter at least in terms of PvP.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Nothing impresses me these days as classes got easier... back in wrath a good pve feral druid impressed me tho when i was feral aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mix/max so much that these days I honestly forget that melee DPS specs are a thing. Anyway, it would have to be windwalker monks. I never really see them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though Mages are good DPS at the moment, any Mage that can be actually pulling numbers they should be. My server is pretty average overall so it might be why don't see many, but even in LFR most Mages seem to just be meh. So any one that pulls good numbers for their ilevel impresses me, but as a Mage I am biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing better then a ridiculous warlock in your group.

Always hats off to feral druids

Honestly the only time I'm surprised to see a particular class/specc up top is another balance druid. I don't really care about other classes and don't know enough about who's good or bad to notice, but man do I rarely see other competent balance druids. There was one time in a server side pug for ToC where there was another balance druid who was on my heels and only just recently am I raiding with one in my guild that can actually compete with me. Other than that... don't really see it. Good balance druids are far and inbetween, or just never end up in my groups.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2013-08-23 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    Ret paladin. Decent ones are rarer than rocking horse poop.

We just happen to have a good one in our raid team.

In PvE nothing impresses me. Googling a rotation and mashing buttons isn't impressive regardless of class.

In PvP high ranking Rogues are always fun to watch because their ability to control all 3 enemies at once are really impressive, and I'll never forget that Reckful Sap while getting Life Gripped by a Priest, that was just nuts. Undergeared healers are impressive as well, Cdew on his Shaman in full blue gear at 2400+ was fun since he had to be so much better than everyone else he was playing against.

Hunters are also impressive, less so in MoP but in BC they were really fun to watch.

Havent met anyone after Mist that really blew me away, but have a friend that played warrior back in cata. He was always worst geared, never used any addons at all and always topped the meters. It was just in his blood and bones.

Other than that, i have never really met anyone that has blown me away by their game play or numbers.

Hunter,

A friend of mine used to bring his BM hunter in raid, me being avg. player he did way too much more damage, he could actually compete with mage/warlock/ele shamans. His skill is super impressive. He inspired me to play a hunter, and i m still trying to get better and get on to his heels. I have still loads to learn, which makes playing fun ^-^

Deleted
    Any druid healer that can beat me in hps will impress me.

you can only really compare to someone of your own class rly

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    In PvE nothing impresses me. Googling a rotation and mashing buttons isn't impressive regardless of class.

In PvP high ranking Rogues are always fun to watch because their ability to control all 3 enemies at once are really impressive, and I'll never forget that Reckful Sap while getting Life Gripped by a Priest, that was just nuts. Undergeared healers are impressive as well, Cdew on his Shaman in full blue gear at 2400+ was fun since he had to be so much better than everyone else he was playing against.

Hunters are also impressive, less so in MoP but in BC they were really fun to watch.
    PvE is always button mashing, avoid shits, watch for buffs etc. PvP on the other hand superb skill + even more button smashing. hell for PvE i can just go on with a few key bind. for PvP, i run out of key binds! PvP is all about reflex and applying right ability in right time within micro seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been complimented on my warrior whether I'm dps'ing, tanking or pvp'ing. A few times people have logged over to my realm to say something nice but that hasn't happened in a long ass time. Game is mostly full of angry people, trolls or elitists now. I've always just used every trick up my sleeve and every tool I have to my advantage and I guess not a lot of people do that, lol, especially nowadays. I find that it's rare to see people really stand out. I also use a lot of little tricks and things on my alts...mage, rogue, priest etc. that get me compliments.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    What I mean is, we all know who tops the metres and ranks are a the same 3-4 classes. But There are underpowered classes that sometimes come out of no where and make you go wut? what is this XXX doing, doing so much dps!? For me is enh shamans had one in our raid that was pretty impressive.
    dont be too impressed by that enh shaman, an enh shaman with decent gear will pull really good dps....i have an enh shaman friend who pulls 500k+ dps on boss pulls and levels out at 200k spiking up and down when blowing cooldowns...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Good balance druids are far and inbetween, or just never end up in my groups.
    There's no real reason to play balance, other than if you enjoy doing less DPS than all other ranged DPS with less utility than all other ranged DPS.

Maybe that's why you never see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it would be Arms.
    Because
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...11111111111111
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-08-23 at 08:04 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.