Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No classes anymore, but Feral Druid in Wrath and Arcane Mage in Cata.
    edit: oh and sub rogue pre-mop
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2013-08-26 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    skill needed for pallys ?
    really all you need to do play one its give it a name

Deleted
    in 5.1 I was in a 25man for a short time. At this point of time everyone was talking about how poor retribution was. But the ret in this guild was simply amazing. He'd always be top 3 damage (and this was a top 200 guild so not entirely fillled with noobs) and very consistently rank anywhere from 1-10 on each fight.

Fury Warriors. Not because they're not easily capable of great damage, historically, but simply because it seems like a HUGE majority of the class' playerbase is fairly mediocre. Like, it's the generic go-to class for so many people. "Oh, a medieval fantasy style game? Let me play whatever can equip the biggest armor and weapons."

Fairly generic class attracts fairly generic people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Hunters who would consistently get top 100 across multiple seasons, particularly the earlier ones. I remember looking at ladders and there would only ever be a handful of them at a given time until beast cleave came along.

Edit: Just realized I'm in the PvE section, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    What I mean is, we all know who tops the metres and ranks are a the same 3-4 classes. But There are underpowered classes that sometimes come out of no where and make you go wut? what is this XXX doing, doing so much dps!? For me is enh shamans had one in our raid that was pretty impressive.
    Enhance is one of the best single target specs in the game atm so... not sure why you believe they are bad.

Id be impressed by a Frost Mage. Maybe a DK depending on the fight I guess.

Deleted
    Sub rogue in 4.0/4.2.

Deleted
    a protection warrior played well is a sight to behold.

demo or affl lock, sub rogue, marks hunter, enhance sham, and a ret pally i'd say...if you can get any of those to pull like 175k+ in a fight at around 520 ilvl then you get props from me.

basing these classes on difficulty to perfect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    demo or affl lock, sub rogue, marks hunter, enhance sham, and a ret pally i'd say...if you can get any of those to pull like 175k+ in a fight at around 520 ilvl then you get props from me.

basing these classes on difficulty to perfect
    I honestly doubt that this is possible if you are not multidotting/cleaving or tailoring the raid's cooldowns to fit your trinketprocs.
    This is while imagining every piece of gear to be ilvl 520.
    If you have hc thunderforged weapon and trinkets it shouldn't be too hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    There's no real reason to play balance, other than if you enjoy doing less DPS than all other ranged DPS with less utility than all other ranged DPS.

Maybe that's why you never see them.
    No utility = Doing 9 million healing in a HotW tranq? Not really sure what you mean :P
    Balance druids are fun and can deal with a lot of situations

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been impressed...if someone is at the top of the meter either they are WTF OP, have really good gear, or both. It's not often (read: never) that a poorly geared, not-OP class can destroy the meter simply by playing really well. That's just not the game we play.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's gotta be the Hunters. As many garbage dump hunters as there are in WoW, there are still some really fantastic ones that break the mold. A good hunter can deliver on both single target and aoe burst in a pinch, evade and negate numerous mechanics, provide both crowd control and aggro misdirection, all while filling in any missing raid buffs. Despite being much more challenged to reach the top of the meters, a good hunter can still impress me with their skills.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Which is why you've killed Lei Shen heroic? Oh wait, you haven't. Normal mode raiding doesn't count as "PvE".
    Lol. raiding is PvE content, be it LFR/Normal/heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I've never been impressed...if someone is at the top of the meter either they are WTF OP, have really good gear, or both. It's not often (read: never) that a poorly geared, not-OP class can destroy the meter simply by playing really well. That's just not the game we play.
    Good gear (and wtf op) and being a great player are not two mutually exclusive things.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Fury Warriors. Not because they're not easily capable of great damage, historically, but simply because it seems like a HUGE majority of the class' playerbase is fairly mediocre. Like, it's the generic go-to class for so many people. "Oh, a medieval fantasy style game? Let me play whatever can equip the biggest armor and weapons."

Fairly generic class attracts fairly generic people.
    I got to agree hands down, finding a good warrior is just one of those dammed rare things, i know more then a hand full of players of other classes and specs that can melt 99+ percentiles but when it comes to warriors that's not something you can find easy, and i only know of one that was a constant 95-100 percentile player, and well he rerolled due to there bad state.

Hunters triple CC'ing in BC heroics.

Classes became too streamlined for me to be impressed by anyone now. Back in the day I was almost always impressed with a good kitty, though.

Shadow priests, because we do garbage damage so when we outdamage a lock/mage...we have room to talk BIG SHIT.

Hunter pre-point blank shot