Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Like others said, it's maturity. I'm in college and I'm 28 so I'm surrounded by friggen 18/19 year olds. Long as she's mature enough and you both get along, you're good. I'd rather date a 19 year old that's mature for her age than a late 20 something that surrounds herself with high school style drama. Wouldn't you?

I only hate it when anyone graduated dates someone still in school. So you're in the clear from me OP!

I don't see any particular moral problem, although I think I would have had a hell of a time having a serious relationship with a 19 year old when I was 25. I suppose I did mess around with an 18 year old when I was 26 though, and I didn't see a huge problem with it, but the conversation sure wasn't much. Hard to really relate to someone that's only quasi-adult when you're something a lot closer to an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Ron Burgandy ever made a 2nd post in any of his threads? Not very classy

Depends on the people. Some 19 year olds are big kids... some 25 year olds are big kids. Up to you and your families, not a bunch of people on the interwebs.

Now thats a waste of bandwith...legal age and only 6 years of difference....geez. >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    I follow the half age+7. Generally it's just a rule of thumb. What's nice about it is when you hit 40 it's time for a mid-life crisis with a 27 year old. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of years in the age gap seems larger than the usual, and if something is outside the usual I am sure someone will find issue with it. However, both are adults free to make their own decisions so long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. Seems fine to me.

Only potential issue with it is mental maturity based on where both of you are in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

If there is grass on the wicket...

they are probably too old.

But in all cerealness, yeah no problem, fully developed adults are fine to be together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Why must stuff always make sense?
    Things that are touted as a general philosophy or rule should IMO make sense...That idea does not not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Things that are touted as a general philosophy or rule should IMO make sense...That idea does not not really.
    Alright I'll give you a sensible reason then. It's a rule of thumb to avoid social stigma.

It has more to do with social acceptance than it has to do with what's right or wrong and it's a fairly accurate measuring tool for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're ok. nothing wrong. just get your bone on.

though, there is a maturity gap. don't be surprised if at some point you're ready to settle and she isn't.

Personally that age gap is awkward for me to like a woman that much younger than I while I dont have a problem of others who do such.
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post

though, there is a maturity gap. don't be surprised if at some point you're ready to settle and she isn't.
    The generational gap experience can be there as well. A female friend of mine is dating a guy that much younger than her and there will be some nostalgia talk and then the BF will be like what you talking about then I realize he wasnt even born or old enough to understand these things. Kind of like that whole "90's kids" thing that is popping up.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-23 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how 18 seems to be this magical number where people suddenly become adults, like hitting 18 suddenly means they understand the world and are responsible for their actions. As if teenagers aren't aware what sex is or something. While I can certainly see the maturity and generation gap being an issue, I see nothing wrong with it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    because people have different opinions?

like, for example

i think it's fucking retarded to call someone a racist for complaining about not wanting to play with other players because of a language barrier, but there are apparently a handful of people who do not think the same and probably spend all of their time bitching about white male privilege and calling people racist for saying all asian women are super hot like 10x more attractive than other women and make mr happy ecstatic as fuck.

welcome to the internet
    Wow.

Welcome to the internet? What was that rant all in aid of? I asked him to explain why he thought it was disgusing as there is nothing in a statement that says "I disagree" if you don't explain why you disagree.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-08-23 at 02:26 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a problem as long as the conversations can keep going. Maturity levels will be different of course, and likewise your tolerance for the maturity gap will be entirely up to you.

Bear in mind that a number of girls (or people in general, rather) haven't had the first "transition phase" in life at that age, where they suddenly doubt everything, wonder about their direction, had big shocks that shattered their current paradigms, etc. That transition manifests in many different ways and though it may be no one's fault, relationships can fall by the wayside when it occurs.

Frankly, I'd be okay with something like 20 & 15, or even a couple of years lower, even if it isn't legally acceptable. all depends on the maturity of the people in the relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    no issue there

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is not much of an age gap