Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    would you really want to fly in today's world in which no one was searched prior to getting on a plane ? O.o Not saying the TSA might sometimes go over board but damn.. the other extreme is just as bad if not worse imo.

  2. #22
    Well it's nice to know I'm gonna be treated like a criminal on a regular basis outside of the airport. Congress needs to cut funding to TSA and NSA already.

  3. #23
    and yet, some company is going to have to fill the hole that TSA will leave if completely cut out. Someone want to explain to me how a big private company is any less nefarious than the gov't?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    would you really want to fly in today's world in which no one was searched prior to getting on a plane ?
    Yes, I'd fly with essentially no fear. I ride a train in what would be one of the top terror target cities in the world every day and nearly no searches are ever conducted. This doesn't seem to result in massive explosions rocking trains too regularly.

    Hell, the scariest form of transportation I take isn't jets and trains, or other public transportation, it's driving or riding a bike with the nuts on the road around here.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    would you really want to fly in today's world in which no one was searched prior to getting on a plane ? O.o Not saying the TSA might sometimes go over board but damn.. the other extreme is just as bad if not worse imo.
    well tsa hasnt caught anyone yet. i am 10x more likely to get killed by a govt official then i am from a terrorist. if im going to be afraid of getting on a plane with someone i would be afraid to fly with a govt official on board.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and yet, some company is going to have to fill the hole that TSA will leave if completely cut out.
    This is only true if you believe the TSA provides a necessary and useful service.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    would you really want to fly in today's world in which no one was searched prior to getting on a plane ? O.o Not saying the TSA might sometimes go over board but damn.. the other extreme is just as bad if not worse imo.
    Yes I would actually prefer to not have to stand in a long ass line to prove to everyone I just want to get to my destination and not bother anyone.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is only true if you believe the TSA provides a necessary and useful service.
    Seeing how many guns they end up confiscating, i do believe they provide a necessary service.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Seeing how many guns they end up confiscating, i do believe they provide a necessary service.
    Given how many guns they miss without that ever actually resulting in a shooting on a plane, I do not think they provide a necessary service.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Seeing how many guns they end up confiscating, i do believe they provide a necessary service.
    guns arent a threat. people are a threat regardless... a ninja can cut your head off with a piece of paper
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Given how many guns they miss without that ever actually resulting in a shooting on a plane, I do not think they provide a necessary service.
    then we can agree to disagree. Although they certainly need to have more competent training.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Although they certainly need to have more competent training.
    I don't think training is the problem. I think giving flunkie idiots any authority whatsoever is the problem. I don't know when we decided to give the dumbest members of society the capacity to fuck with others, but it does not serve us well.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think training is the problem. I think giving flunkie idiots any authority whatsoever is the problem. I don't know when we decided to give the dumbest members of society the capacity to fuck with others, but it does not serve us well.
    do you even need a high school diploma for the job?
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  14. #34
    High Overlord Isnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PSL
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    do you even need a high school diploma for the job?
    No you just have to be into sexual harassment and theft and the job is handed to you.

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You do not have a right to privacy in a public location, such as airports, bus stops and train stations.
    They have never needed a warrant to search your bags. EVER.
    This is inaccurate.

    Law enforcement officials cannot randomly walk up to a person for no reason and ask that they submit to a drug test. They can do so if they have reasonable suspician say, when you are driving, but not just out of the blue. This has been backed up in court as a matter of privacy. So, in a public place you DO have certain expectations of privacy. Your statement is incorrect then, at least to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  16. #36
    Dreadlord Oogzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    959
    Joy. Can't wait for this, thankfully I rarely take public transportation.

    These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

    But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Joy. Can't wait for this, thankfully I rarely take public transportation.
    dont worry TSA will eventually begin to monitor who enters walmart.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    would you really want to fly in today's world in which no one was searched prior to getting on a plane ? O.o Not saying the TSA might sometimes go over board but damn.. the other extreme is just as bad if not worse imo.
    The statistical probability of getting on a plane with terrorists and having that plane get hijacked is astronomically lower than getting in a fatal car accident on your way to work every morning.

    Better not get in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm probably the nicest person on this whole damned forum, and you can make a sig from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Just have a sig that says "I'm Batman."

  19. #39
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The statistical probability of getting on a plane with terrorists and having that plane get hijacked is astronomically lower than getting in a fatal car accident on your way to work every morning.

    Better not get in your car.
    Decklan I almost never agree with you on your positions in our discussions here on MMOC but if I am reading your sarcasm correctly I think we might have at least a miniscule amount of common ground.

    ./mindblown
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  20. #40
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,505
    You know, of all the times I've been to an airport in the last decade, which is a few, I've never once had any trouble with TSA. The worst that's happened to me is they found a pocket knife my dad gave me in one of my carry-ons. I had rearranged my bag and forgot about it. They said they could either mail it, or trash it. I was pretty broke at that point in my trip, so I sadly had to toss it. The guys were pretty nice about it. No strip searches or hour-long detentions. And this was at Denver International, a fairly major airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •