Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WTF he won't be Robin?! My hopes and dreams were just dashed.

Don't tell me that Kevin Smith won't be directing either...
    Will the movie even have Robin? Christ, I hope not. Robin should stay in the comic/animated world.

But, if for some reason, they do have Robin, partway through the movie he should be beaten to death with a crowbar...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Will the movie even have Robin? Christ, I hope not. Robin should stay in the comic/animated world.

But, if for some reason, they do have Robin, partway through the movie he should be beaten to death with a crowbar...
    I'm thinking a cross between the Batman/Robin from the 60s television series and a Kevin Smith movie

Setting: Boston
    Villains: Jay and Silent Bob

and everyone wears flannel.

Ben would make a fine Brucey Goosey. A big too husky for the Batman. Can put Morg in white face and slap his ass in the suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I bet Ben Affleck knocks everyone out of the park and earns an oscar nom for his portrayal as Batman.

He'll do such a good job that the fans will love him, and then he wont reprise the role as a big Middle finger to the internet.
    If they were going to use him as a basis character for the JL, it would screw them in a very uncomfortable place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    WTF he won't be Robin?! My hopes and dreams were just dashed.

Don't tell me that Kevin Smith won't be directing either...
    I'm not sure Robin will be even relevant in the movie. I rather they at least establish Batman again before MoS. Or it's going to be REALLY weird.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not sure Robin will be even relevant in the movie. I rather they at least establish Batman again before MoS. Or it's going to be REALLY weird.
    Eh, I don't think it's necissary. It's not like the animated movies re-build the backstory of every superhero that are in it.

It'll more than likly be played off in Superman's perspective. He won't know much about Batman, just like the viewers won't know much about that specific Batman. Otherwise, they'll just make him the way he usually is, a badass with tons of gadgets.

They don't need to go all Batman Begins and over-explain every detail in how he came about, because people already know. And as long as they don't try to keep that "realism" *cough* that Nolan tried to do, it won't be needed to show where his gadgets come from. Whatever's done to set up and explain Batman will only need to take a few minutes at best.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I honestly hope they pull a bit more from the Dark Knight Returns comic...where Batman has become some old jaded asshole and his crime fighting methods have become violent and almost criminal themselves. The Government then sends Superman to end him.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I honestly hope they pull a bit more from the Dark Knight Returns comic...where Batman has become some old jaded asshole and his crime fighting methods have become violent and almost criminal themselves. The Government then sends Superman to end him.
    Can't really see that happening, especially if it's supposed to be a followup to MoS. Unless it would be as a test to see if we humans can really trust the alien.

I don't hate the fact that he's going to play Batman, but I think they could have found someone better for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Can't really see that happening, especially if it's supposed to be a followup to MoS. Unless it would be as a test to see if we humans can really trust the alien.
    Well there's nothing to say or indicate what the time difference is. The Nolan trilogy really needs to be seen as it's own thing and not connected to Man of Steel and Justice League if it's ever done.

Well there's nothing to say or indicate what the time difference is. The Nolan trilogy really needs to be seen as it's own thing and not connected to Man of Steel and Justice League if it's ever done.
    Yeah, Nolan's Batman is done, it won't have anything to do with these movies (don't think I implied otherwise in my post). Well, other than being in people's minds so that we don't have to have yet another Batman origin story to understand his motivations.

As for the time difference, you're right: we don't know. But the hope is (at least for me) that they to do go back and acknowledge that they didn't really have an emotional pay-off for all that wanton destruction in MoS.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-08-29 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Eh, I don't think it's necissary. It's not like the animated movies re-build the backstory of every superhero that are in it.

It'll more than likly be played off in Superman's perspective. He won't know much about Batman, just like the viewers won't know much about that specific Batman. Otherwise, they'll just make him the way he usually is, a badass with tons of gadgets.

They don't need to go all Batman Begins and over-explain every detail in how he came about, because people already know. And as long as they don't try to keep that "realism" *cough* that Nolan tried to do, it won't be needed to show where his gadgets come from. Whatever's done to set up and explain Batman will only need to take a few minutes at best.
    I didn't even mean an origin. They could do a flash back in detail but not necessarily in begins. Just have a little movie series for Batman but obviously not as much as origin of him. I'll agree the realism IMO just seems to hold back the franchise. I respect Nolan for making a serious Batman but I think the realism IMO is just not a good concept.

No, JUST NO. I despised that series.

I don't hate the fact that he's going to play Batman, but I think they could have found someone better for the role.
    For the sake of curiousity and discussion. Who would it be?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even mean an origin
    No more origins, so sick of origin stories. every single comic book movie origin this, rebranding this. its too much, just give us good stories we can enjoy.

We all know the origin of batman now, Ben Afflecks batman does not need to RE-TELL the origin, just get on being a bad ass batman!
    Hi

No, JUST NO. I despised that series.
    Well that's unfortunate, I enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    No more origins, so sick of origin stories. every single comic book movie origin this, rebranding this. its too much, just give us good stories we can enjoy.

We all know the origin of batman now, Ben Afflecks batman does not need to RE-TELL the origin, just get on being a bad ass batman!
    Word. If reboots are going to go that route, they should adopt one of the few things that The Incredible Hulk did right: Get that origins shit out of the way in the opening title sequence.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Well that's unfortunate, I enjoyed it.
    You may have enjoyed it, (and I don't fault you for that) but it is indisputably a buttfuckery of both Batman and Superman. It's only okay because it's an elseworlds story, that is, non-canon.

It's not at all appropriate for a Superman/Batman movie that is designed to lead into an entire cinematic universe, including a Justice League movie.

The characters should 90% stick to the comics in order for that to work.

Edit: Wait, I just read your other posts in this thread. Do you think The Dark Knight Returns is part of Nolan's trilogy? Because it's not. Nolan's trilogy is Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

The Dark Knight Returns is a graphic novel by Frank Miller where Batman is practically all knowing and a total dick, Superman is a complete retard, and all of Superman's powers have been nerfed down to practically Golden Age levels, just to make the story work. Because a nuke shouldn't do shit to Superman.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-08-29 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshain View Post

Hollywoodland - 2006, why all the videos in the quoted link are irrelevant these days.

Addendum:

Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-08-30 at 06:40 PM.