Thread: What server :)

Smile What server :)

Just about to buy the game what server is most populated, PVP preferred, and also if anyone could tell me what PvE server is most populate also
    Id love to see some peoples high level characters ! post em here

xx

- - - Updated - - -

BTW IM IN AUSTRALIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Sea of Sorrows is the unofficial Aussie server but there's a good presence on Dragonbrand and Fort Aspenwood as well.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought i would post here instead of making my own thread. Im going to be trying the game out during the trial weekend, and im looking for a good server hosted on the east coast of the usa. Also, can i keep my trial characters if i buy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thought i would post here instead of making my own thread. Im going to be trying the game out during the trial weekend, and im looking for a good server hosted on the east coast of the usa. Also, can i keep my trial characters if i buy?
    All the US servers are located in Texas.
    Yes you can keep your trial characters if you buy
    Valar morghulis

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll point out that there's no distinction between PvP and PvE servers in the game. Since there is no hostile interaction with other players while you're out in the big wide world.

Instead, all of the "PVP" action takes place either in small team-based maps, which are similar in concept to Battlegrounds if you're familair with Warcraft. Or else in the giant World Vs World maps, where the action continues 24/7, with three servers facing off against each other and contesting territory for a whole week.

Some servers do tend to fare better in these WvW match-ups than others. There's a leaderboard somewhere (I'm sure someone will post the link!) if you're looking for a server that is highly ranked and better organised at running these WvW games. But bear in mind that queues will often be longer to join the WvW action on these servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What level can i start queuing for the "bgs and wvw'?
    Is there a dungeon finder in Gw2 to randomly match me with other players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What level can i start queuing for the "bgs and wvw'?
    Is there a dungeon finder in Gw2 to randomly match me with other players?
    You can go in immediately. For PvP (there's actually a couple kinds, 5v5 + 8v8) you are upscaled to 80 with free access to all gear/traits/abilities etc. For WvW you are upscaled but you have only your true abilities and traits and will be at at a disadvantage against a true 80.

There is a dungeon finder but it's not very good. Everyone uses gw2lfg.com (over 6 million groups formed) but keep in mind the first dungeon is at level 30.
    Valar morghulis