Poll: What do you think the next Class added will be?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you think the next Class added will be?

quite a few people said it would be tinkers or demons hunters

Ghostcrawler's comment about Tinkers was
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.
    Ghostcrawler's comment about demon hunters was

Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    Ghostcrawler's comment about Bard was
    A bard itself has always felt a little too... I dunno... Soft is the wrong word, but you get the idea.
    Ghostcrawler's comments about support role
    Yes, but it would be a big change. Another challenge for the blogs and forums out there to discuss.
    So what do you think the next class will be? I am thinking a bard or support class
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-08-23 at 04:20 AM.

There's no precedent for Bard in warcraft lore, so I'm tempted to throw that one out right away. A new support class isn't out of the question, but I'd be damned if I knew what it would be at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 0 new classes unless it starts at an elevated level like DKs did. Blizzard was talking about how low monk numbers are, especially for mains, because not many people have time to level something up 1-90 and grab a seat in their raiding group. Plus, I think we have a lot of classes going on right now... not sure if there's a niche for another.

If they added a support role we could have another 1-2 classes without it feeling bloated... but they've said adding another role would take a while and would need to be planned out very carefully. Not saying it's off the table for the upcoming expansion, but it's definitely less likely right now.

EDIT: My best guess would be a Tinker. Demon Hunter just doesn't fit in as unique because rogues, hunters, DK, and warlocks all have similar skills and "attitudes" I would give to the demon hunter. Particularly the rogue and warlock. Bards aren't really a WoW thing because there's a low amount of music being present in any form in WoW. I could see a Tinker using int plate, which is something they need to get another class using.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-08-23 at 03:51 AM.

Based on GC's comments, I don't think we're going to be seeing a Demon Hunter class.

Don't think Bards fit WoW all that well. Also I think its pretty dumb to be singing while monsters are attacking you.

Tinkers it is.

none! none at all we have enough dang classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    I think 0 new classes unless it starts at an elevated level like DKs did. Blizzard was talking about how low monk numbers are, especially for mains, because not many people have time to level something up 1-90 and grab a seat in their raiding group. Plus, I think we have a lot of classes going on right now... not sure if there's a niche for another.
    Technology class that uses guns, robots, and other advanced weaponry. Also fills the last mail armor slot, and can fit any role (tank/DPS/heal)

Perfect fit for WoWs current class setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Technology class that uses guns, robots, and other advanced weaponry. Also fills the last mail armor slot, and can fit any role (tank/DPS/heal)

I'd support tinkers using int. plate. Tinkers aren't really "strong" themselves. They use their brain to craft bombs/rockets/machines to deal damage for them. Int plate is the only armor used by only 1 class and 1 spec. If they're adding another class, they should deal with that. I could easily see tinkers wearing the 1H/Shield/intPlate look holy paladins have. I think mail is too light for someone who'd be making machines and bombs.

EDIt: I also agree they could easily be tank/DPS/heals, and I think all three specs would work with int. plate. Tinkers could tank using a type of machine they sit in (similar to Gallywix) and their intellect scales the machine's stats.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-08-23 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seen GC comments I don't see tinker coming to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    Blizzard is always trying to throw people off. He didn't say they wouldn't do it. He just said it would have to be handled in a mature way. WoW is an expert at playing the thin border between mature/serious and cartoon/whimsical.

But guys, clearly a technology class would overlap with the engineering tree too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is always trying to throw people off. He didn't say they wouldn't do it. He just said it would have to be handled in a mature way. WoW is an expert at playing the thin border between mature/serious and cartoon/whimsical.
    He didn't say they wouldn't do it about demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd support tinkers using int. plate. Tinkers aren't really "strong" themselves. They use their brain to craft bombs/rockets/machines to deal damage for them. Int plate is the only armor used by only 1 class and 1 spec. If they're adding another class, they should deal with that. I could easily see tinkers wearing the 1H/Shield/intPlate look holy paladins have. I think mail is too light for someone who'd be making machines and bombs.

EDIt: I also agree they could easily be tank/DPS/heals, and I think all three specs would work with int. plate. Tinkers could tank using a type of machine they sit in (similar to Gallywix) and their intellect scales the machine's stats.
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. They're not going to make Tinkers a plate class just because of INT plate. The mail armor slot is a bigger gap, and makes more sense because that way a Tinker class can utilize AGI and INT armor without flooding the loot tables.

Also I just don't see a Tinker as a plate class. That's reserved for Knight-style classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say they wouldn't do it about demon hunters
    Never said he did, don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying the exact opposite. You can't really look at what Blizz says and try to read too deep into it. The reason I, personally, don't see demon hunter as a future class is because I don't think it is unique enough and I don't think it fills an important niche in the game. Tinker is something that has existed on some level in WoW since vanilla. Look at Gnomergan and Blackrock Depths. There's also a lot of tinker-like and mechanical bosses in WoW. It just fits in better, it could work with almost any class, it could support all 3 roles, and it's just way more dynamic and versatile than demon hunter. Not basing that off of what Blizz said, basing that off of my opinion.

I'm surprised nobody ever talks about Wardens.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously don't think Blizzard could make the Tinker concept more serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    there is a other option. I thought only Night elfs have Wardens

- - - Updated - - -

You seriously don't think Blizzard could make the Tinker concept more serious?
    With out it overlapping with engineering? No.

In fact only really three races would make sense as one Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf

Not a perfect fit. Who uses robots, in game? Who uses advanced weaponry? Are they going to create special laser canons and flamethrowers just for tinkets? Who says they need to wear mail at all? Really man, you need to stop obsessing about this class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. They're not going to make Tinkers a plate class just because of INT plate. The mail armor slot is a bigger gap, and makes more sense because that way a Tinker class can utilize AGI and INT armor without flooding the loot tables.

Also I just don't see a Tinker as a plate class. That's reserved for Knight-style classes.
    I think it makes sense to have tinkers use intellect. They have to be smart to craft the things they build, not necessarily strong or cunning.

Cloth(Spirit): Priest (2) [2]
    Cloth(DPS): Priest (1), Mage (3), Warlock (3) [7]
    Leather(Agi): Rogue (3), Druid (2), Monk (2) [7]
    Leather(Int): Druid (1), Monk (1) [2]
    Mail(Agi): Hunter (3), Shaman (1) [4]
    Mail(Int) Shaman (2) [2]
    Plate(Strength): Warrior (3), Paladin (2), Death Knight (3) [8]
    Plate(Int): Paladin (1) [1]

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Aren't rogues and hunters using all the warden skills? Same problem as DK imo

Just being honest. His comment about Demon Hunters pissed me off. What more could you need for an epic class idea? Anyone with half a brain could think of cool ways to distinguish Demon Hunters from every other class. He has a point if they made Demon Hunters EXACTLY like they were in WC3, but if Blizzard could put some effort into DEVELOPING the idea, it could be pretty epic.

One of the most disappointing blue posts for me in a long while...