Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    News flash: I don't care.
    You cared enough to reply three times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You cared enough to reply three times.
    Its called having a discussion, what I don't care about is if you think its selfish.

I'm sure many people are the same, of course people would rather have something new in-game they are interested about and would enjoy.

I'm also sure many people would enjoy the tinker, and do not care that I'm personally not going to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Sigh.... once again Blizz PR says something without actually saying anything.

They say the screenshot is fake, and yet as usual sidesteps any questions over whether there is a 4th spec planned since they had tri-spec in the works on one PTR test. They also manage to sidestep the question over if a Tinker class is planned or not, merely saying "it depends on the treatment" WOW blizz... what a non-answer.

Maybe some of them should get into politics.
    no offense, but your reading comprehension is lacking.

It's in Blizzard's best interest to have people speculating and hyping. It's why they rarely ever out right deny anything.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    If I recall correctly, they stated in an interview that they first started to work on something completely diffetent for the expansion, and then decided to scrap it completely and work on Mists of Pandaria.

Maybe they didn't know they would introduce Pandarens at the time ? It doesn't change a thing in what I said. They're probably not working on Tinkers right now.
    LoL!

They work on expansions years in advance. They had the entire starter Wandering Isle zone completed at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're both. Just like Mistweaver Monks.

The point is, a ranged/melee hybrid class can clearly exist in the game.
    Yeah except that I play mistweaver and they suck at melee in comparison to their ranged healing skill. The cost of jab is way too high to make them useful at melee combat, they OOM too fast and once they run out of mana they can't melee and they can't heal if they can't melee. They are two bottles full of awesome until they hit level 80 and from that point on they are only going to melee heal in a pinch situation, like the boss is almost dead and is about to go nuts on the group.

They really need to fix this as I leveled Monk to fistweave only to find out they nerfed it and only Mistweaving works in a raid scenario. Unfortunately they are nerfing mana tea which means less mana which means less mana for healing/jab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah except that I play mistweaver and they suck at melee in comparison to their ranged healing skill. The cost of jab is way too high to make them useful at melee combat, they OOM too fast and once they run out of mana they can't melee and they can't heal if they can't melee. They are two bottles full of awesome until they hit level 80 and from that point on they are only going to melee heal in a pinch situation, like the boss is almost dead and is about to go nuts on the group.

They really need to fix this as I leveled Monk to fistweave only to find out they nerfed it and only Mistweaving works in a raid scenario. Unfortunately they are nerfing mana tea which means less mana which means less mana for healing/jab.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eceive-Healing

Learn well grasshopper.

World of Warcraft: One of the places in life where someone can say one thing and anyone who hears it immediately begins to speculate on how it means exactly the opposite in the most literal sense possible.

Even if they didn't give you a straight yes or no answer, why are you taking it so personally and attacking them? You're lucky he even commented on the shitty idea in the first place.

First, they've said they don't want to give a 4th spec to each class because:
    A. They have enough trouble creating differentiation between classes and between specs of "pure" dps classes as it is, adding an extra spec for each would only make it worse.
    B. They are barely able to "balance" the classes that they have, they'd be increasing the workload required by ~25% if they gave everyone but druid an additional spec (since Druid's already have 4).

Not saying they won't do it at all, but it won't be every class. Maybe tank spec for shaman or caster dps spec for paladin or something, but definitely not every class (why give rogues a 4th spec when Blizz can barely figure out what to do with the 3 they have?).

Second, and I feel this statement is FAR more speculative than my last, I don't think they'll be adding a new class this xpac. Obviously Blizz tries to avoid falling into a pattern and 4 xpacs is hardly enough to say it's a trend BUT they've so far gone:
    BC - new races
    WotLK - new class
    Cata - new races, plus new race+class combos
    MoP - new race and new class

Not saying a new class wouldn't be welcome, but with how few people actually picked up and seriously played the monk, I think they're going to be doing some hefty evaluation before they try another new class. It'd likely HAVE to be a "hero class" and start above level 1 to encourage people to pick it up, and most likely would need to have a less complicated playstyle, at least at first (I hear that's what kept a lot of people away from the monk?).

Obviously they added a new race in MoP too so I'd nearly say all bets are off, however I feel with the way things will be left at the end of this xpac, and the fact that we'll likely be uncovering another "new land" that it would fit in to incorporate a couple new races into the game. The horde will need bolstering after tearing itself apart, and if Blizz gave only the horde a new race after Blizz has the alliance just handing Orgrimmar back to the horde after killing Garrosh, I think the alliance lore fanboys would probably /wrists.

So, I feel it's reasonable to suspect they won't be adding a new playable class in the next xpac. I may end up eating my words, but I just don't see it as all that likely. Just my $0.02
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Just stop talking before you embarrass yourself for a lack of knowledge on ANYTHING Mistweaver-related. Oh wait...too late.

Its important to note that the corresponding MMO champion thread read a lot like this one;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...overhyped-quot

Man, can we find these people that were adamant that Pandaren were NEVER going to be a race. So I can point and laugh at them? Or did they leave the site in shame? Some of the posters in this thread resemble those people almost 100% Did they make new accounts?

The sad thing is, I just made this thread to vent my frustration at the fact that Blizz will never really say anything meaningful about future projects until Blizzcon. They'll always be doubletalking, misdirecting, or straight up avoiding questions. And then this sort of thing happens, people who say it might happen, and then the people who think it will never happen telling them they are idiots. And so we get the thread above, and history repeats again.

Of course they wouldn't want to give out a definite answer, that's part of keeping the community hyped, whether there's a Tinker class or not. Don't expect them to answer everything just like that, they too have an NDA they can't break.

I just wanted to chime in and remind everyone that there's a steampunk sponsored costume contest at Blizzcon, and a technology class works with an undersea expansion.

Just putting that out there.

People really are just ignoring the fact that they all but dismissed the notion of playable Pandaren just weeks before announcing MoP
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I just wanted to chime in and remind everyone that there's a steampunk sponsored costume contest at Blizzcon, and a technology class works with an undersea expansion.

Just putting that out there.
    Not only that, but new player models for the 8 original vanilla models makes 2 new races pretty unlikely.

After having to hear the word pandaren for the entire expansion I think I'd develop a minor ulcer and prostate cancer having to hear the word "tinker" for another expansion.

"I'm a MAGE!"
    "I'm a DEATHKNIGHT!"
    "I'm a SHAMAN!"
    "I'm a tiiiiiiinnnkeeeerrrrr, I tiiiiink things!"

That's the only way I can read this word when I see it. It was cool when put together with the word Goblin, like Goblin Tinker, and seeing it just like a mercenary or whatever, but all these latest stupid sounding words like "sha" and "n'zoth" and "padaren" and "Shadow-Pandaren" (Shado-Pan is a play on words, btw, in case you didn't figure it out yet) and "chee-chee" and "tiiiinnnkkkeeeerr" and whatever really makes it feel like we're playing some kind of grotesque comedy of what Warcraft used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People really are just ignoring the fact that they all but dismissed the notion of playable Pandaren just weeks before announcing MoP
    Of course they are. It completely invalidates their argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    After having to hear the word pandaren for the entire expansion I think I'd developer a minor ulcer and prostate cancer having to hear the word "tinker" for another expansion.

"I'm a MAGE!"
    "I'm a DEATHKNIGHT!"
    "I'm a SHAMAN!"
    "I'm a tiiiiiiinnnkeeeerrrrr"

That's the only way I can read this word when I see it. It was cool when put together with the word Goblin, like Goblin Tinker, and seeing it just like a mercenary or whatever, but all these latest stupid sounding words like "sha" and "n'zoth" and "padaren" and "Shadow-Pandaren" (Shado-Pan is a play on words, btw, in case you didn't figure it out yet) and "chee-chee" and "tiiiinnnkkkeeeerr" and whatever really makes it feel like we're playing some kind of grotesque comedy of what Warcraft used to be.
    Since a Tinker is part of a larger archetype, the class doesn't need to be called Tinker. Tinker or Tinkerer could be a spec in a much larger technology class.

- - - Updated - - -

Since a Tinker is part of a larger archetype, the class doesn't need to be called Tinker. Tinker or Tinkerer could be a spec in a much larger technology class.
    Call it engineer and I'm fine with it. Call it some stupid name like Tinker, even in spec, and I can't help cringing.

10+ Year Old Account

So your case is that THEY WERE MENTIONED!!! THEY'RE HAPPENING!!! I recall they mentioned DHs too, in a similar inconformatory tone, doesn't that invalidate your case against DHs?