Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's good that they simplified HS a bit. I don't think it would be very popular if the mechanics were as complex as the big ccg/tcg's like MTG. There's MTGO already for people who want an extensive card game experience, and it will be hard to get TCG players to switch to hearthstone.

With simplified mechanics, however, they will attract a wider audience. Will it last long? I think so. It's easy to implement a game like this on Ipad, Iphone, Android, w/e. And I can see myself dueling it out while I'm in the bathroom.

That said, the Digital card game market is pretty saturated atm with games like MTGO, Solforge, etc. but the game looks very polished and fun. I think it's here to stay.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i do think Blizzard has something huge on their hands. Because of some simple reasons.

Digital TCG: Like the guy above me said, no printing and shipping cards.
    Arena mode: Even if you P2W hardcore, you cannot buy your way through this mode.
    Really fast matches: Games dont last ages like other TCGs ive seen, so this is really good for fast paced, emotion filled games. And for people that dont have 30 mins to spare to play 1 game in one sitting.

Is is esport worthy? Who knows?
    Only time will tell and when people start to get all the cards and start crafting decks we will find out, but personally i will probably play it a lot. And streamers have proved that is also really fun to watch, so there is a future there aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Warcraft TCG was a failure with little audience, most people bought the cards to get loot cards. Hearthstone isn't a simplification, as the cards work differently and the same goes for the actual gameplay. Does it have things in common with the TCG? Of course. Is it the same game just simplified? Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

... Why would he be trolling? Because you disagree with him?
    After playing War tcg I cant stand playing magic now. MTG sucks compared to War TCG

And I played Magic for many years.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    After playing War tcg I cant stand playing magic now. MTG sucks compared to War TCG

And I played Magic for many years.
    Sure, but that doesn't make it a succes. Because it wasn't, not even as a niché game. It if had been a succes, they most likely wouldn't stop the game and made a pc game instead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As much as I love MTG; it's a very rules lawyery game. Even just playing something more simple like the Duels of the Planeswalkers games demands a very strong knowledge of what order certain mechanics happen in when they come together. It can get to be really, really confusing when a bunch of instants get thrown down on the board that conflict with one another "I throw a direct damage card on your 2/2 to kill it." "But I put it back in my hand with Into the Roil!" "But I Counterspell!" "Then I tap this guy that lets me give a creature Protection from Red!" "I tap him first with this card!" and crap like this actually happens and the game comes to some weird conclusions sometimes when it's dealt with a string of player actions like that. It's confusing -- but worse yet is the constant stop and go of it when each player pauses the game to read all the cards and figure out how best to counter each action.

Complexity isn't always a good thing. Hearthstone does a good job of keeping the game moving along at a steady pace because it never has to stop and ask you how you intend to block 27 creatures simultaneously coming at you with an assortment of things like Flying, Doublestrike, Trample, ect to account for.

Hearthstone has much more pick-up-and-playability. And while I agree that there are tons of digital CCGs out there; not many manage to explain themselves as quickly and easily as Hearthstone does.
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2013-08-23 at 02:29 PM.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The game is meant to attract players who are new to warcraft, and those new to TCG's.
    So those after a more in-depth game are not really going to find it there.
    Do not complain when something very clearly stated from an early point actually turns out to be true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but that doesn't make it a succes. Because it wasn't, not even as a niché game. It if had been a succes, they most likely wouldn't stop the game and made a pc game instead.
    Im sorry what?

The warcraft tcg came out after WoW, and is still being produced.

As fun as Hearthstone looks, I would rather that Blizzard would announce a new wow expansion instead. If they haven't done so already. Haven't seen Blizzs´side of Gamescom yet.

card games are boring.

tried watching still can't personally find the excitement for it

:-/
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The game is meant to attract players who are new to warcraft, and those new to TCG's.
    Do not complain when something very clearly stated from an early point actually turns out to be true.
    I don't agree with this. Just because something has simple rules doesn't mean that it lacks depth or can't be hugely competitive. I've been learning new chess strategies over the course of my entire life. And it's not like there have been any expansion packs or anything to that.

Also keep in mind that we're talking about a card game. It's going to grow and almost assuredly have new mechanics crop up as it does. I mean look at the Pokemon TCG. It's practically unrecognizable now compared to what it was when it first released due to all the new card types and stuff that was introduced over the span of the game.

Deleted
    must say the only play i seen so far has been from husky and crendor and that made me quite excited.

especially seeing Crendor play since he had a clue what he was doing, Husky made watching his video's quite unpleasant which so many mistakes going on that it wasnt even fun anymore (and i havent even got into beta yet)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Im sorry what?

The warcraft tcg came out after WoW, and is still being produced.
    They are not making new cards, nor reprinting.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They are not making new cards, nor reprinting.
    ...didn't they release a new card set literally last month?

Edit: I'll answer my own question.
    http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/products/reign-fire

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot believe I thought the idea of an online card game based on the warcraft universe would be silly at ANY point in time. The game looks EXTREMELY fun, there are an uncountable number of strategies and combinations yet undiscovered and every game is its own quest and challenge. As a penniless college student I'm in no state to buy cards, but that's no barrier to entry if you've seen the players on the beta stream (buying cards does NOT guarantee success). It's taken twitch by storm and really has people of numerous gaming backgrounds talking about it.

It might be a bit presumptuous, but I think Hearthstone may best Diablo 3 in terms of how much of a revenue explosion it's going to make in due time.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I've been watching the wowcrendor videos on YouTube, and it does look like fun. Crendor's enjoying it immensely.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I've watched hours of streams, and I've got to say that I'm pretty excited to get my hands on this.

...However, I was also excited to get my hands on Aion, RIFT, SWTOR, D3, etc. and those all let me down. I'm not implying that Hearthstone will take the same, downward path as these aforementioned games, but rather that I've learned to wait for the pre-release hype train to die down before I really make an accurate judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They definately have an esports hit right there, twitch exploded with streamers from all kinds of games playing it, when the EU beta comes (hopefully sometime this millenia) I suspect it will double in viewers and streamers.
    This always happens when a new game enters into an open beta / is released. Interested fans want to see gameplay, and besides rummaging through Youtube just to find a badly edited PvP video with the song "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" in the background, Twitch is the next best option. When D3 first came out out, it was always within the top 5 games streamed. Now, it's never even on the front page. Guild Wars 2 was game of the year 2012 - you've gotta scroll down a bit to even find it. Once again, I'm not saying that Hearthstone is bad or anything, but its amount of viewers on Twitch for the first couple months is somewhat irrelevant.

Honestly my only real issue with Hearthstone is that I wish it had more game modes. I would love an equivalent to Magic's Two Headed Giant. Or taking a page from the raid decks from the WoW TCG and doing something like that. Arena is good fun but it's probably not something I'll do super often.

On the bright side, lopk, it's not like you have a sub fee or to drop a bunch of money to test the water here. So that's a plus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamtu View Post
    Without sometinhg new in 6 months after release it will be dead anyway IMagine you have all cards for all heroes (maybe not gold but still ALL of them),m you have perfect build which gets you to highest ranks you win every arena for grandmaster key and... that's it at the moment of the game. You gonna play to make every daily like in WoW atm? It's boring.
    Well you could use some fun in your life. It is not meant as your nexst MMO that you HAVE to put 7 hours into each day. But ofc with your logic everything you ever do gameing wise is a waste and there for "boring". It's a card game, play it a few hours every now and then, there is a limit to how much you can play it. yes it will suck and be boring if you play 9 hours each day every week for 8 mouths. But i know for damn sure i will play it But i guess we will never duel then

Hearthstone seemed cool until I found out it was a simplified version of the TCG. Im fed up with their "simplifitation".
    It's not a simplified version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That's just absolutely false, and if you were actually playing it you'd know that.

From what I've seen of the Hearthstone beta (mostly Jesse's and Crendors video's), the game looks pretty dull. Then again I was never really a fan of card games, outside of Yugioh

I'll probably try the game anyway, its free so why not. But if the game will sell strong cards for real money, I'm out