Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Flying won't be added in Draenor if they dont want flying in 7.0

    Though it's really obvious and logical, I thought I'd share this "idea" which is more likely to be true.

    I really doubt that Blizzard will add flying in Draenor if they dont want flying in 7.0. They won't want you to get "used" to it.

  2. #2
    So, people don't get "used" to it from 60-85?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

  3. #3
    Okay. I'm not overly missing being able to fly in a new zone. /shrug

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    So, people don't get "used" to it from 60-85?
    The majority of people, as of now, are most likely used to not flying.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,997
    ...Well no by all means it makes sense to enable flying in Draenor once it's no longer current content. Since the honeymoon is over and the majority of players making their way through it will be alts and people picking up all the left over rubbish they didn't do during the expansions duration.

    I always thought that was their plan anyway. And why would they 'get used to it'. They can fly anywhere else in the game. They're already used to it. But they're just not in 'story mode' anywhere except draenor right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...Well no by all means it makes sense to enable flying in Draenor once it's no longer current content. Since the honeymoon is over and the majority of players making their way through it will be alts and people picking up all the left over rubbish they didn't do during the expansions duration.

    I always thought that was their plan anyway. And why would they 'get used to it'. They can fly anywhere else in the game. They're already used to it. But they're just not in 'story mode' anywhere except draenor right now.
    Possibly flying in Draenor could become a thing in 7.0, but generally in 6.2 and 6.3(?) they won't add flying as they wouldn't want you to get overly used to flying in end-game content which Draenor provides.

    Also, jsing, South Seas *boats* --- I said nothing

  7. #7
    Depends how they design the zones. I prefer more detailed zones with no flying, over "spot designed" zones with flying.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    The majority of people, as of now, are most likely used to not flying.
    Except I spend most of my time not in Draenor and fly everywhere I go. Then when I am in Draenor it's like, mole machine to Gorgrond, flight path to everbloom, feather to BRF (flying) so I still do fly.
    I didn't know signatures could be too big. I didn't know web designers couldn't force resizes on an image

  9. #9
    I think draenor will never get flying in it's "old style" form.
    Perhaps in specific zones or with specific limitations, but it probably never be the same flying as in MoP/cata.

    As far as the next expansion goes i think blizzard is quite likely to keep flying at a very bare minimum.
    Blizzard's head-guys obviously dislike what flying is doing to WoW - and in various public polls the votes are often in favor of "no fly".
    So both blizzard and a big chunk of the community (perhaps majority) is definitely against flying ever being anything like the old (cata/mop) flying.

    No clue what will actually happen in 7.0 and after... perhaps some limited form of flying is the most likely.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    The majority of people, as of now, are most likely used to not flying.
    you mean those who afk at garrison and cba to do any kind of content blizzard releases?

    yeah your right.


    i won't do shit outside garrison til the day i can fly cuz fk everything lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    The majority of people, as of now, are most likely used to not flying.
    What the fuck? Except everyone who has started playing before 5 months ago you mean?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    you mean those who afk at garrison and cba to do any kind of content blizzard releases?

    yeah your right.


    i won't do shit outside garrison til the day i can fly cuz fk everything lol
    I'm in that boat too. But it's not just because I'm lazy or rebelling or whatever... I simply don't have time.

    Without flying, I have to carefully plan what to do when. Make an estimate of how long I think things will take me and ask myself "can I make it before I have to log or a dungeon queue pops"? More often than not, the answer is no and I don't get to do anything at all. But when I do start on something, I first have to find the closest flightpath, then taxi there, then ride to the location and then do stuff. And oh my, if I happen to have dropped something off at the bank earlier that I need now, I have to cancel FP, hearth back, get the stuff, then fly back again.

    With flying I can ask myself "what do I want to do now?", mount up, head in that direction, land where I need to be, do stuff, rinse and repeat. If I happen to forget something in my bank on the way there, I simply turn 180, grab it and fly away again. If I have to log or a dungeon pops, I mount up, fly up, do that and then land when I get back. Easy peasy...


    No flying means no playing for me. With limited time, I can either chill in my garrison or do old content where flying is enabled and do as described above. And neither is much fun in the long run...

  13. #13
    The Patient Sir Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm in that boat too. But it's not just because I'm lazy or rebelling or whatever... I simply don't have time.

    Without flying, I have to carefully plan what to do when. Make an estimate of how long I think things will take me and ask myself "can I make it before I have to log or a dungeon queue pops"? More often than not, the answer is no and I don't get to do anything at all. But when I do start on something, I first have to find the closest flightpath, then taxi there, then ride to the location and then do stuff. And oh my, if I happen to have dropped something off at the bank earlier that I need now, I have to cancel FP, hearth back, get the stuff, then fly back again.

    With flying I can ask myself "what do I want to do now?", mount up, head in that direction, land where I need to be, do stuff, rinse and repeat. If I happen to forget something in my bank on the way there, I simply turn 180, grab it and fly away again. If I have to log or a dungeon pops, I mount up, fly up, do that and then land when I get back. Easy peasy...

    No flying means no playing for me. With limited time, I can either chill in my garrison or do old content where flying is enabled and do as described above. And neither is much fun in the long run...
    There's your issue. You're thinking wrong.

    The taxi is really no slower than your flying mount (in fact, they're technically faster than your flying mount, it's just the route they take that's slightly slower), at the absolute most it's an extra two or three minutes to get to wherever you want. You lose freedom, not speed.

    No flying is the one thing they got right in WoD and I hope they stick with it. I know every nook and cranny in the landscape of Draenor, I can't say the same of Pandaria. I love it.
    Last edited by Sir Happy; 2015-04-19 at 11:00 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm in that boat too. But it's not just because I'm lazy or rebelling or whatever... I simply don't have time.

    Without flying, I have to carefully plan what to do when. Make an estimate of how long I think things will take me and ask myself "can I make it before I have to log or a dungeon queue pops"? More often than not, the answer is no and I don't get to do anything at all. But when I do start on something, I first have to find the closest flightpath, then taxi there, then ride to the location and then do stuff. And oh my, if I happen to have dropped something off at the bank earlier that I need now, I have to cancel FP, hearth back, get the stuff, then fly back again.

    With flying I can ask myself "what do I want to do now?", mount up, head in that direction, land where I need to be, do stuff, rinse and repeat. If I happen to forget something in my bank on the way there, I simply turn 180, grab it and fly away again. If I have to log or a dungeon pops, I mount up, fly up, do that and then land when I get back. Easy peasy...


    No flying means no playing for me. With limited time, I can either chill in my garrison or do old content where flying is enabled and do as described above. And neither is much fun in the long run...
    Thats an incredibly bad argument. Flightpaths are so incredibly fast now. A flying mount wouldn't even compare in speed. If you were to fly via mount you would take way longer to get to your desired location. Furthermore you could build a spirit lodge to get short cuts to up to 3 zones. You could build a frostwalltavern and get avianas feather which is also faster than a flying mount or atleast similar in speed on a 10 min CD.

    The only thing that you have to slightly care about is the very very small portion of actual ground travelling because zones are not simple plaines and you might need to take specific way in some locations.

    Overall travelling speed didn't really slow down, its proportioned a bit different but you don't spend really more time doing so. Draenor is also quite big in size which is why in the first place flight paths are so fast and there are so many that you can relatively easily come close to your desired location via flight paths and you also can cancel them and with said frequency fo flight paths you'll get to the ground fast. And if you take 2min longer than it is because the continent is simply that big. From a pure speed perspective flight paths are faster in Draenor than flying moutns even if they were available and even accounting for the flight patchs not taking every route optimal.

    Travelling in draenor can be really efficient if you use the tools you have. If you don't have the time to play because of travel time in Draenor, then you're doing something wrong or don't have the time to do anything on any other continent ever featured in a WoW expansion.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Azshara/raikh/

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raikh/advanced

    Humans love to hate. They neither have to think nor to understand to hate something or someone and still they find a cause and solution for their problems.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Thats an incredibly bad argument. Flightpaths are so incredibly fast now. A flying mount wouldn't even compare in speed. If you were to fly via mount you would take way longer to get to your desired location. Furthermore you could build a spirit lodge to get short cuts to up to 3 zones. You could build a frostwalltavern and get avianas feather which is also faster than a flying mount or atleast similar in speed on a 10 min CD.

    The only thing that you have to slightly care about is the very very small portion of actual ground travelling because zones are not simple plaines and you might need to take specific way in some locations.

    Overall travelling speed didn't really slow down, its proportioned a bit different but you don't spend really more time doing so. Draenor is also quite big in size which is why in the first place flight paths are so fast and there are so many that you can relatively easily come close to your desired location via flight paths and you also can cancel them and with said frequency fo flight paths you'll get to the ground fast. And if you take 2min longer than it is because the continent is simply that big. From a pure speed perspective flight paths are faster in Draenor than flying moutns even if they were available and even accounting for the flight patchs not taking every route optimal.

    Travelling in draenor can be really efficient if you use the tools you have. If you don't have the time to play because of travel time in Draenor, then you're doing something wrong or don't have the time to do anything on any other continent ever featured in a WoW expansion.

    What? Flightpaths might be relatively fast but they do not go where you need to be. You still have to use your ground mounts a whole lot, couple this with obstructive zone design (hills, mountains, trees etc. everywhere) and 1000 mobs per m² then you have much slower traveling than during MoP.

    You geniuses still believe Blizzard removed flying because OH MY GAWD SAVAGE IMMERSION or world pvp. They disabled it because it slows you down, not a whole lot during one travel but it adds up over time. That is why they made the zones so completely moronic and over the top with obstacles and mobs.

  16. #16
    Immersion = camping it out in the garrison, not, fail blizzard try again in 7.0. Happy to see garrisons will be gone.

  17. #17
    The Patient Pai Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boosting Noobs
    Posts
    346
    It's not really bothered me at all to be honest not having flying. I don't travel much out of my Garrison.

    Here's an idea though. It's probably been proposed before but, how about they gave flying a cooldown. Something like 10 minute cooldown that gives you 1 or 2 minutes of flight. Kind of like Aviana's Feather but you can use your mounts and actually fly, not a glorified slowfall.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Immersion = camping it out in the garrison, not, fail blizzard try again in 7.0. Happy to see garrisons will be gone.
    people argued that flying:

    -trivializes outdoor content
    -trivializes world pvp
    -trivializes travel

    Meanwhile in reality land:

    -Garrisons trivialize world content 100000x more than flying ever did (if at all)
    -Garrisons trivialize world pvp (nobody is out in the world)
    -Garrisons trivialize travel (portals and you don't need to leave it anyway)

    And yet people still have absolute HATRED for flying and LOVE garrisons. Hypocrites or mentally not capable.

  19. #19
    Flight paths are currently slower than flying mounts and actually have a multitude of bugs with the release of the 6.1 patch than the state they were in beta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm in that boat too. But it's not just because I'm lazy or rebelling or whatever... I simply don't have time.

    Without flying, I have to carefully plan what to do when. Make an estimate of how long I think things will take me and ask myself "can I make it before I have to log or a dungeon queue pops"? More often than not, the answer is no and I don't get to do anything at all. But when I do start on something, I first have to find the closest flightpath, then taxi there, then ride to the location and then do stuff. And oh my, if I happen to have dropped something off at the bank earlier that I need now, I have to cancel FP, hearth back, get the stuff, then fly back again.

    With flying I can ask myself "what do I want to do now?", mount up, head in that direction, land where I need to be, do stuff, rinse and repeat. If I happen to forget something in my bank on the way there, I simply turn 180, grab it and fly away again. If I have to log or a dungeon pops, I mount up, fly up, do that and then land when I get back. Easy peasy...


    No flying means no playing for me. With limited time, I can either chill in my garrison or do old content where flying is enabled and do as described above. And neither is much fun in the long run...
    Good post. Let me add that Draenor continent would have been larger if they made flying mounts enabled. They chose to make Draenor continent smaller though.
    Flying mounts have always been optional. Garrisons are not optional.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pai Mei View Post
    It's not really bothered me at all to be honest not having flying. I don't travel much out of my Garrison.

    Here's an idea though. It's probably been proposed before but, how about they gave flying a cooldown. Something like 10 minute cooldown that gives you 1 or 2 minutes of flight. Kind of like Aviana's Feather but you can use your mounts and actually fly, not a glorified slowfall.
    Nah, no compromises, flying was NOT broken. I see different compromise, subscribing to the game only when flying is unlocked. Seeing as content will be obsolete by newer expansion then, it will be for 1 month every 2 years. Personally, I like that sort of cooldown more :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •