Poll: Do you find this idea and this questline intresting?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's my favourite city in the entire game. I can't imagine Blizzard making it an actual city though, sadly...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yes of course. Firstly it should be mentioned that the color of each zone is determined by its political situation AFTER the events associated with that area are developed, so for example Western Plaguelands would begin as a contested territory but end up as a territory at the hands of the Horde.

The red color denotes territories of the Horde
    The blue color denotes territories of the Alliance
    The yellow color denotes territories controlled by neutral forces
    The orange color denotes contested territories
    The brown color indicates special territories (PVP areas, Sanctuaries, microsites, etc ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Finally I will discuss some licenses I have taken:

• I have divided the Amani territories into two zones that will be under command of the Blood Elves to the east of Eversong Woods and Ghostlands.

• Greenwood, as the last bastion of the High Elves of the Alliance (though it would start being a disputed territory with attacks of the Forsaken and the Sin'dorei).

• The current unused area west of Tirisfal Glades becomes a separate area whose use is uncertain: The Tirisfal Grove.

• Alterac Mountains and Hillsbrad have been enlarged and become two separate areas again (the first under the control of the Horde and the second being disputed).

• The Gilneas Peninsula now has the correct size and shape, also divided into two zones, the north being disputed and the south (where is Greymane City) is under control of the Alliance.

• Arathi Highlands and Hinterlands have been enlarged slightly.

• I added back the Forbidden Moorlands (area previously removed) between Badlands and Redridge Mountains and to the east of Burning Steppes. This area will be under control of the Ogres of the Horde.

• The Swamp of Sorrows finally passed into the hands of the Horde (since it is a historical territory of the Horde).

• Finally all the islands have been placed with the correct size and position, these being specifically: Tol Barad, Zul'dare, Crestfall, Kul Tiras, Balor, Island of Doctor Lapidis and Gillijim's Isle.

This is what I'm actually proposing.

1) Tristifal Forest : during the reign of king Terenas, Tristifal Forest (Or Highlands, Or Mountains) was used by the Menethil family as the royal hunting forest. The abandoned Menethil Manor is located here and is occupied by a few Lordaeron loyalists, the majority of this area is being used by the forsaken as a testing field for their plagueworks.

2) Greenwood Enclave : A remote area north of Lordaeron which was scarcely touched by the plague, it is accessed via a narrow mountain road from Hearthglen and a ship via Ghostlands. due to the remoteness of this zone and it's strategically insignificance the Scourge never bothered to invade this part of Eastern Kingdoms (the passage from Hearthglen is too narrow for an army to cross.). after the fall of Lordaeron and Silvermoon however this area is now flocked with human and elven refugees, the humans and high elves reside on the western part of Greenwood and the blood elves have built a base to the east. this area is now turned into a contested zone when Calia Menethil is declared to be alive.

3) Redrock Coast : A remote coastal land east of Redridge, this zone is home of horde-affiliated Ogres who fled the old horde when it disbanded. The town itself is actually built by dismantled Ogre Juggernaut pieces jurry-rigged together to form a "favela" styled Ogre town on the coasts of Redrock, Goblin engineers are also in charge of complex tasks such as plumbing and operating complex machinery around the town. After the SoO the Horde has offered the Ogres to rejoin the Horde.

4) The peace negotiations after the SoO leads to a mutual agreement to stop the war on the southern zones of eastern kingdoms. swamp of sorrows is now horde controled mostly, and alliance caravans are given safe passage into Nethergarde Keep. the demonic activities in these two zones are significantly increased.

5) Karazhan Ogres are now horde affiliated. on the other hand the humans are trying to settle on the town near Karazhan, whether or not they succeed will be shown in a questline.

6) the majority of Blackrock Orcs, now leaderless and desperate, accept the new Orc leader's offer (after SoO Orcs are seriously underpowered due to their casualties and are being monitored by other Horde factions. so now they are trying to bring other Orc factions under their banner.) and join the horde, on the eastern part of Burning steppes Morgan has built a small town and is trying wrestle control of the mining operation to the north and add a huge source of income to sustain the town.

7) Redridge Orcs are now Horde affiliated and give quests regarding settling down east of Redridge. the peace treaty is nearly being respected by both sides.

---

PS : I believe that Ogres will be the next horde race. so that's why I'm suggesting more Ogres to join the Horde.

UPDATE : Gilneas Mainland quests are completed. I'm now working on the Headlands questline.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-07 at 09:25 PM.

Have you posted this on the official forums?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Have you posted this on the official forums?
    no, I haven't played wow for some time due to university. and thus I can't post on official forums (my account is frozen)

however I'd really appreciate it if someone does it for me
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-13 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is time for operation W.O.R.G

Worgen Operatives Retake Gilneas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Gilneas is already Alliance controlled. but it's not shown in game, however Varian mentions something about "containing the plague" in Gilneas. guess I have to rewrite some parts of my suggestion to reflect that.

but HELL YEAH! Let's show those shambling good-for-nothing necrophiliac filth-eating corpses who's da boss!

*sips green tea*
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-13 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Yes, make this a patch!
    Also: alpha worgen & elf undead as options please

15+ Year Old Account
    I've updated the quest lines again. the only part that I'm currently rewriting is the "last battle" which will no longer take place in the battle of gilneas BG.

just a quick question to all Worgen fans: I know that Velinde Starsong is dead. but should I bring her back "partially"? is there anyone intrested in seeing her if there's a good story behind her revival ?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Its actually outdated. Theramore is no longer fully alliance, since it dosent exist, and the alliance army in the Barrens was wiped out in a book.

The same book had the Alliance reinforcements steamrollering all the way up retaking everything they lost. Sometimes Blizzards unwillingness to change works for the Alliance

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The same book had the Alliance reinforcements steamrollering all the way up retaking everything they lost. Sometimes Blizzards unwillingness to change works for the Alliance

EJL
    but once the peace treaty is negotiated they all have to leave Barrens and other zones they invaded, so the alliance actually loses a portion of it's leveling zones.

they can compensate by retaking what they lost to the forsaken : Hillsbrad and Arathi should be remade to let alliance players quest in them once again.

Hillsbrad : Alliance can build a base on Purgation Isle and initiate undercover missions in Hillsbrad, which is under heavy forsaken control. for example they can gather intel on the forsaken plague at Sludge Fields, Help Kirin Tor undercover agents at Alterac or helping the Alliance gain some ground in Hillsbrad.

Arathi : There are many threads speculating a possible Stromgarde takeover by the alliance and it's potential to become a new theramore. they're pretty interesting to read.

---------

Finally finished the quest line. *pats himself on back* hope you enjoy it folks.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    but once the peace treaty is negotiated they all have to leave Barrens and other zones they invaded, so the alliance actually loses a portion of it's leveling zones.
    Depends on the Peace Treaty. The Southern Barrens never had much of a Horde presence for example and the road into Stonetalon would be a major strategic asset for the Alliance. Would an ascendent Alliance be willing to simply retreat? Maybe, maybe not. Same with Tiragarde. It'd make a near ideal position from which the Horde can be monitored, Again...is this something the Alliance would be willing to give up?

The Horde are being allowed access into Azshara for lumber, and they appear to be in no position to challenge Alliance demands.

they can compensate by retaking what they lost to the forsaken : Hillsbrad and Arathi should be remade to let alliance players quest in them once again.
    Actually, what I'd like to see would be phasing tech actually used for a change. Keep the low level system the same, but phase in a L90+ version where the Alliance return in force. Blizzards options are a lot more open at that stage, assuming they want to actually have faction interaction in those zones instead of just popping in some new NPCs.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the Peace Treaty. The Southern Barrens never had much of a Horde presence for example and the road into Stonetalon would be a major strategic asset for the Alliance. Would an ascendent Alliance be willing to simply retreat? Maybe, maybe not. Same with Tiragarde. It'd make a near ideal position from which the Horde can be monitored, Again...is this something the Alliance would be willing to give up?

The Horde are being allowed access into Azshara for lumber, and they appear to be in no position to challenge Alliance demands.

Actually, what I'd like to see would be phasing tech actually used for a change. Keep the low level system the same, but phase in a L90+ version where the Alliance return in force. Blizzards options are a lot more open at that stage, assuming they want to actually have faction interaction in those zones instead of just popping in some new NPCs.

EJL
    Maybe, Maybe not. strategically speaking those positions are vital, but you also have to take this into account that Alliance needs to maintain those bases and having so many military bases on the other side of the world while you're about to fight at Lordaeron might drain the Alliance economicaly, so it's better to reduce the number of your military bases (thus reducing the number of active personal in Kalimdor) and send those forces to locations that you're currently fighting for (Lordaeron/Expansion Zone.) besides the Kalimdor Horde is quite weak and maintaining a large force in those areas just to monitor them in not a good option, considering that the battle of Orgrimmar ended in a mutual agreement between Vol'jin and Varian Wrynn so lore-wise the Kalimdor horde is not looking for revenge.

That's one of the reasons that makes the invasion of Lordaeron a possibility. the Kalimdor horde is weakened, and they're in no position to make demands. the Alliance can use this to their advantage and convince Vol'jin to turn a temporary blind eye to the events of Lordaeron and let the alliance "contain" Sylvanas and convince Vol'jin they're not about to fight Horde interests in the region but rather contain the forsaken expansionism. (this is also beneficial to Horde , a contained forsaken is less likely to betray Horde.)

Like I discussed this in previous posts, a high level Gilneas is ALSO a possibility. there are many ways to make the alliance (and perhaps the horde) return to Gilneas, but keep in mind that high level zones should not be faction-exclusive . (this is the traditional approach)

It's a matter of perspective, I favor Gilneas becoming a low-level zone . call me a traditionalist but I don't really like phasings. because they kinda break player interactions.

*UPDATE* I've updated the questline at Tempest's Reach. Rupert will no longer die but he will be taken prisoner by the alliance. unable to prove his innocence you and Kinlan do your best to prevent his execution. so you now have one more reason to chase Lady Rochelle : to gather enough evidence and free the lord of Tempest's Reach.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-19 at 11:29 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Maybe, Maybe not. strategically speaking those positions are vital, but you also have to take this into account that Alliance needs to maintain those bases and having so many military bases on the other side of the world
    Would be supported by the NElfs and Theramore/Northwatch.

so it's better to reduce the number of your military bases (thus reducing the number of active personal in Kalimdor) and send those forces to locations that you're currently fighting for (Lordaeron/Expansion Zone.)
    #

That MIGHT make sense if the Alliance trusted the Horde. They don't. Keeping a strong military presence in Kalimdor is highly desirable, especially since containing Sylvanas is easier done if humans don't take a leading role. If the humans soldiers can't be used against Sylvanas, they can be sued in Kalimdor.

besides the Kalimdor Horde is quite weak and maintaining a large force in those areas just to monitor them in not a good option, considering that the battle of Orgrimmar ended in a mutual agreement between Vol'jin and Varian Wrynn so lore-wise the Kalimdor horde is not looking for revenge.
    Neither was Thralls Horde. Neither the NElfs, nor Jaina nor even Varian to any great degree, trusts the Horde.

It's a matter of perspective, I favor Gilneas becoming a low-level zone . call me a traditionalist but I don't really like phasings. because they kinda break player interactions.
    That's simply a matter of improving phasing tech

EJL

Great idea, would love if this happened, but one thing I'm really curious about. What are you going to do with that night elf worgen? (Night elf worgen playable would be cool IMO but w/e)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    Great idea, would love if this happened, but one thing I'm really curious about. What are you going to do with that night elf worgen? (Night elf worgen playable would be cool IMO but w/e)
    That Night Elf Worgen is the material form of Velinde Starsong, the Night Elf who died in Duskwood while wielding the Scythe. The idea behind her "partial" ressurection plays like this :

The Scythe Of Elune is able to summon/banish anyone who has the worgen curse/goldrin's gift/name it w/e you want. Years ago it was used to banish the Worgen to the emerald dream, and Velinde was able to summon them back into this world.

When Velinde's life was endangered at Duskwood whatever power that granted her the Scythe tried to save her by "banishing" her into the emerald dream. but the transition was incomplete when the mine exploded : Velinde's material form was able to pass the portal but her soul remained in Duskwood. which is why you see her when you click on the pile of dust in the duskwood mine, she is trapped here unable to find her body which is why her soul is not at peace. as for her Worgen form it can be stated that she was infected when she was at Duskwood (from her attackers.) but her body was banished away before they could finish her off, where it transformed into a Worgen, thus her husk is her beastial form.

And thus her material form got stuck someplace between the emerald dream and Azeroth.

this summoning/banishing ability can further be proven when Belysra's dead lover (who was a Worgen) appeared in form of a ghost and protected her. this accidental summoning triggered something within the Scythe, and Velinde's material form tried to claw it's way out into the Azeroth.

What comes out of the portal is a "husk" of what Velinde was, no memories, no feelings, just an empty shell of her former self. she's incomplete without her soul, and the players will be involved in that quest to unite her with her soul (Belysra helps the material form and you'll acompany the two to duskwood where Velinde meets her soul. thus becomes whole again.)

- - - Updated - - -

Would be supported by the NElfs and Theramore/Northwatch.

#

That MIGHT make sense if the Alliance trusted the Horde. They don't. Keeping a strong military presence in Kalimdor is highly desirable, especially since containing Sylvanas is easier done if humans don't take a leading role. If the humans soldiers can't be used against Sylvanas, they can be used in Kalimdor.

That's simply a matter of improving phasing tech
    I don't know, Varian's final speech kinda hinted at him being the "bigger guy" perhaps their trust can be worked on in a peace conference and Thrall guaranteeing something to Varian. (Varian is no longer the hotheaded guy he used to be.) but a peace treaty cannot be possible if Alliance keeps the occupied lands to itself, it might be a temporary peace as the Horde might demand to reclaim what they've lost after they regain their full strength.

Humans always take the leading role especially when it comes to Eastern Kingdoms. however they should pass the "leading role" to the Night Elves and the Draenei in Kalimdor (Draenei really need to do something, they're just eating dust lore-wise.)

I don't think it can be solved by improving phasing, because in general player's cannot see other players who are in another phase. or players may simply vanish when entering a zone (because they are in a different phase.) so how can you improve that?
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-19 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    It is clear that something must be done with Gilneas ... and this idea has all the ingredients to become the perfect solution.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has more ideas, please write them here! I'm loving hear your suggestions!
    Last edited by mmoc6fa5e73b8e; 2013-09-27 at 10:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of the Alliance retaking Gilneas, but I don't think it should be an Alliance zone. I think Dalaran should reland and the Alliance make it a headquarters And have Gilneas be contested. Keep in mind even after the Alliance retakes it they will have to figure out a way to clean out the plague mess the forsaken left.

Well i like the creativity of it, you did bring up the point of the need for more important quest givers/ NPCs in different capitols. We need that. If we have that, more people wont be sitting in SW and Org.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I like the idea of the Alliance retaking Gilneas, but I don't think it should be an Alliance zone. I think Dalaran should reland and the Alliance make it a headquarters And have Gilneas be contested. Keep in mind even after the Alliance retakes it they will have to figure out a way to clean out the plague mess the forsaken left.
    it's already under Alliance control, during the Horde quest chain Darius agrees to retreat his forces back to Gilneas and leave Silverpine. so there's probably a cease fire or some sort of agreement between the two sides no matter how fractious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Gilneas and Dalaran as Alliance zones, Hillsbrad as contested zone...