Poll: Do you find this idea and this questline intresting?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Meh dunno if an Alliance City can really exist that close to the meanest faction in WoW main city. But that place is way too cool to be left unused. But even IF they do decide to do something with it that benefits alliance players, then the horde players would want something too, that's how it goes. So what do they get? Maybe Kezan remade or something.

Deleted
    I doubt they will go back and spend so many resources redoing gilneas.. They have a new expansion ahead and most people either think it will be legion based or something to do with azshara.. I dont see how you would conect such a large scale redoing with either of thouse themes..

Also i dont find it reasonable to have 2 major capitals so close to one another.. I say just give the worgens a city somewere else.. In Duskwood maby? Would make much mroe sense.. Its close to Sw and that zone as been forgoten for a long time.. And its close enough to Karazan to have some relevance if kara was revisited in a legion base expansion..

But if that happened i would say that the horde would also need something in return.. Either finaly a rebuilt Silvermoon or Bilgewater HArbor expanded and becoming a proper capital..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    But if that happened i would say that the horde would also need something in return.. Either finaly a rebuilt Silvermoon or Bilgewater HArbor expanded and becoming a proper capital..
    The entire Kezan island-continent for the Horde, and Zandalar too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The entire Kezan island-continent for the Horde, and Zandalar too
    Don't know about Kezan, as not all goblins are Horde aligned. Zandalar is a neutral troll territory too, plus mostly destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    I doubt they will go back and spend so many resources redoing gilneas.. They have a new expansion ahead and most people either think it will be legion based or something to do with azshara.. I dont see how you would conect such a large scale redoing with either of thouse themes..

Also i dont find it reasonable to have 2 major capitals so close to one another.. I say just give the worgens a city somewere else.. In Duskwood maby? Would make much mroe sense.. Its close to Sw and that zone as been forgoten for a long time.. And its close enough to Karazan to have some relevance if kara was revisited in a legion base expansion..

what if blizz decided to create a patch about the "Tritifal Monster" ? Alliance and Horde can both have capitals close to the zone west of Tristifal Glades. Which increases the reasons for high level players to hang out in Gilneas and Undercity.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    you can't expect Horde to become alliance boot-lickers and puppets while in reality a losing side normally does that.
    [

So, in this case we must turn the Alliance into Horde bootlickers and puppets because they have the luxury of "winning " the war instead?

Azshara never had any major Alliance presence.
    As one example, Azshara is NElf territory, "major" Alliance presence or not.

focusing on HvA was the main thing i liked about Cataclysm and MoP. it fact they should do more of that storyline, let Alliance contain forsaken threat while Horde is at it's weakest, and let Horde harass alliance in some other front.
    Its been done. And Blizzard cannot do the story justice because it is constrained by its unwillingness to show actual changes or impact. If Blizzard wants to do this in future, then they need to design with that in mind...phased content showing changes right form the design phase, potentially allowing BOTH sides to claim victory depending on conditions, and with no regard for an ill-judged sense of balance that doesn't affect gameplay.

How would you feel if Brill and other towns around Undercity suddently turn into PVP objectives and Horde and Alliance forces would fight to control so close to Undercity? you can't have a major city and then build an open world PVP right next to it, it'll be too hectic and there will be raids on that city on a daily basis.
    Assuming Blizzard took the appropriate steps to control griefing and disruption of lower level content....what would be the problem here?

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you feel if Brill and other towns around Undercity suddently turn into PVP objectives and Horde and Alliance forces would fight to control so close to Undercity? you can't have a major city and then build an open world PVP right next to it, it'll be too hectic and there will be raids on that city on a daily basis.

as I said it before, the main reason that cities turn into ghost towns is that many important things are only found in SW and Org. like portals and pvp vendors, i think transmog vendors are also found only in those towns, which makes players not interested in those areas.
    It would be kinda cool, to be honest: Why CAN'T you have a major city close to a PvP objective? what's the point of adding another major city if there's no twist on the premise? It's just wasteful and unimaginative. I really don't see the point of adding Gilneas as a city just to end up abandoned like all the other cities: if it is going to happen, it has to offer new content, a new experience.

This way you have Gilneas as a city AND you re-envigorate world PvP, what's not to like?
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-10-09 at 11:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    So, in this case we must turn the Alliance into Horde bootlickers and puppets because they have the luxury of "winning " the war instead?
    no, where did i say that ?

As one example, Azshara is NElf territory, "major" Alliance presence or not.
    land claims are usually followed by having major presence is those areas, Azeroth used to be NE territory but they didn't have any forces in that zone. Ashenvale on the other hand is a major territory protected by Night

Its been done. And Blizzard cannot do the story justice because it is constrained by its unwillingness to show actual changes or impact. If Blizzard wants to do this in future, then they need to design with that in mind...phased content showing changes right form the design phase, potentially allowing BOTH sides to claim victory depending on conditions, and with no regard for an ill-judged sense of balance that doesn't affect gameplay.
    that would mess up the lore furthermore. important lore progression needs to be a fixed event and not a dynamic event. for example if SW is besieged in the future and blizzard makes both sides winners Horde will burn SW and Allies end up killing the invaders, it would totally mess up the story.

Assuming Blizzard took the appropriate steps to control griefing and disruption of lower level content....what would be the problem here?
    EJL
    Assuming that, but the only way I can see that happening is instancing the zone or phasing the participants.

oh didn't you know? alliance and horde were using the infinite resource cheat :P that's why we've been losing men since vanilla and never ever faced manpower issues during these...10 years???
    Those four pumpkin farms in Elwynn Forest have had some great harvests.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerZone View Post
    It would be kinda cool, to be honest: Why CAN'T you have a major city close to a PvP objective? what's the point of adding another major city if there's no twist on the premise? It's just wasteful and unimaginative. I really don't see the point of adding Gilneas as a city just to end up abandoned like all the other cities: if it is going to happen, it has to offer new content, a new experience.

This way you have Gilneas as a city AND you re-envigorate world PvP, what's not to like?
    I kinda like this idea now, but make that a fight for the Gilneas Wall. this way it'll be equally distanced between both capitals with 2 zones standing between them and the capital.

btw : I was away for awhile, if i posted too late and this post is considered as necroing i apologize to mods .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Those four pumpkin farms in Elwynn Forest have had some great harvests.
    warpten

keysersoze 200000

leafittome 200000

and there you go :P enough resources to invade outlands. I bet Varian and Garrosh both used it before each expansion.

PS: these are W3 cheats for fast building, gold and lumber cheats.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll get back Gilneas eventually, sooner or later, and if it wasn't in Blizzard's plans, they wouldn't have made Varian after SoO saying it.
    I believe 5.5 or 6.0 is where this 'event' will take place.
    Gilneas City is not that big of a city anyway. It's about almost the same size as Bilgewater Harbor and it could work that way as well, and not as a new Alliance major city as many people complain. It's fine by me.

Deleted
    Blizzard should hire you as a quest designer. :P I love all the flavor you've included in your post. I've been wishing for a Gilneas zone since I made my first worgen character.

Love it. And honestly, anything is better than that damn tree tucked away in a city somewhere. I have a feeling that Gilneas will eventually be returned (since they said Sylvanas will be dealt with later) but I really like some of the ideas.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE : added the Hillsbrad section to the story.

I stumbled upon some of my old suggestions while backing up my data onto my new desktop. I felt like I should add them to this suggestion since I don't want to create a new post about it.

ever since Tarren Mill vs. Southshore was introduced I got the feeling that Blizzard is trying to revive the old nostalgic "Horde vs. Ally" rivalry in Hillsbrad Foothills.

As a Worgen fan, I do feel that Worgen story HAS the potential to be further explored. and it was the main idea behind the creation of this thread, we have a race with so much potential shelved by developers until further notice.

I added a hillsbrad section to this suggestion that tries to restore that rivalry back to some extend though Blizzard did alot of things to break that immersion itself. one of them being connected realms and constant "phasing in" and "phasing out" of a zone. and another one being the speedy level up process with the aid of dungeon finder, which imo broke away alot of fun we had (at least I had) by questing solo or in a group and developing friendship and rivalries with other players during the leveling process.

anyways. Remember that the purpose of this post is to provide you with something interesting to read. so I hope you enjoy it .

I'll keep editing the original post to fix grammar issues and errors I made while writing. If you had any questions/suggestions feel free to pm me or post here.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2014-12-30 at 07:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I liked all of it but Caila popping up wanting to take the throne. Lordaeron isn't a kingdom anymore.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Now, this isn't completely positive, but I think it was mentioned somewhere recently that Gilneas was melted, wasn't it? That the Forsaken pretty much turned it all to a slag-pit? That would be hard to get around if it was the case, aside from draining it and rebuilding (and the Alliance sucks at rebuilding, just look at the Park).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I liked all of it but Caila popping up wanting to take the throne. Lordaeron isn't a kingdom anymore.
    actually, Calia is just an icon used by Stormwind to win support from Lordaeron survivors. that's why SI:7 is involved with protecting her, she acts as a propoganda tool. Lordaeron is not part of the alliance, I doubt they ever want to be swayed under the command of Stormwind if it was up to them. but with Calia Menethil in Stormwind's pocket Alliance has a chance of winning support among Lordaeron survivors. on the other hand Sylvanas wants to turn her into a forsaken to nulify any claim Alliance has on Lordaeron. you, Ramsay Bolton, would surely understand the importance of having political puppets right ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Now, this isn't completely positive, but I think it was mentioned somewhere recently that Gilneas was melted, wasn't it? That the Forsaken pretty much turned it all to a slag-pit? That would be hard to get around if it was the case, aside from draining it and rebuilding (and the Alliance sucks at rebuilding, just look at the Park).
    partially true, this suggestion was written before SoO went live (or perhaps during it's early days.). I believe this is the text you're reffering to :

What's next for the Alliance?

We are unified like never before. We've bought our people security in Kalimdor, an end to the blockade, and an end to the total war that's spilt so much blood on either side of the great sea.

Now, to the work of winning the peace. I would like to station a garrison near Theramore. We need to investigate cleansing the plague from Gilneas lands so they can rebuild. We must contain Sylvanas.

From here on forward, the Alliance will be proactive. Never again can there be another the likes of Hellscream.
    that's what Varian Wrynn tells you after SoO. however there is no solid proof that tells us the extent of the contamination, and the amount of destruction. I wrote the suggestion while having several things in mind.

* Darius Crowley's parley with Sylvanas, in which Darius Crowley agreed not to attack Silverpine and is allowed retreat back to Gilneas. imo Gilneas is still controlled by Worgen and minor skirmishes happen on the outskirts of Gilneas. as there is no solid proof of the current state of Gilneas, but evidence leans towards Darius' men controling it still.

* Ivar Bloodfang seems to be operation in various parts of Lordaeron, he is shown as one of the primary antagonists of Horde quests.

* Purgation Isle is taken by Alliance forces in Cataclysm.

I'm hopeful that should the story regarding Gilneas is ever explored further we see a country with potential to be saved. not just a pile of goo like southshore, which imo was a big mistake on Blizzard's part.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    actually, Calia is just an icon used by Stormwind to win support from Lordaeron survivors. that's why SI:7 is involved with protecting her, she acts as a propoganda tool. Lordaeron is not part of the alliance, I doubt they ever want to be swayed under the command of Stormwind if it was up to them. but with Calia Menethil in Stormwind's pocket Alliance has a chance of winning support among Lordaeron survivors. on the other hand Sylvanas wants to turn her into a forsaken to nulify any claim Alliance has on Lordaeron. you, Ramsay Bolton, would surely understand the importance of having political puppets right ?
    Ahh I see. And yes political puppets are helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    January Update : added a new map, PS skills are rusty though. will add more questline/update soon to reflect the damage caused by forsaken plague on Gilneas, some areas around the wall are contaminated by the plague. will also add more questline about Naga/Argus Wake to better reflect their growing role in a south seas expansion.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, you put an insane amount of thought and care into this and it shows.
    All of this sounds awesome and miles better than what we currently have.
    I would also give up Lunarfall/Stormwind/Ironforge in a heartbeat to hang out in a proper Gilneas city with npcs/vendors.