Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    australia is a good example that it can work, why wouldn´t it in the US too? isn´t it worth a try to make the enviorement more save?

if you like shooting that much, go through the process, you still are allowed to own guns, even in your home, but you´re on a list, once in a year you´re being visited by an official to confirm of the weapons you own and if you want to shoot them, off to a shooting range with you and be happy

i don´t see a problem with that
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldon45 View Post
    The one in Oklahoma was not a hate crime, though Rupert Murdoch may be pushing that angle. The pictures of the kids is one black kid, one mixed race, and one white kid. And after they killed the baseball player, they were off to beat up a black kid for fun, which is when they got caught because the father of that kid called the police.

1 black + 1 mixed + 1 white =/= 3 black kids no matter how often Rush Limbaugh screams it. And going to beat up a black kid after the white guy is a pretty good indication it had nothing to do with race the first time.
    light skinned isn't white, that "white kid" has a black mother and a black father, he's probably an albino, he has the features of a black guy. i've seen one albino black guy and he was whiter than me but with freckles and black features (nose/lips/hair)

the "mixed kid" was one of the black kids....he was puerto rican and african american, or like we call it, a black kid. imagine if i said "i'm not white, i'm mixed, i'm german and irish"

yeah right

i don't know if it being a hate crime should matter, same results, but it was 3 black kids who targeted a white guy after firing off anti-white tweets. whatever you call that, it was

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    australia is a good example that it can work, why wouldn´t it in the US too? isn´t it worth a try to make the enviorement more save?

if you like shooting that much, go through the process, you still are allowed to own guns, even in your home, but you´re on a list, once in a year you´re being visited by an official to confirm of the weapons you own and if you want to shoot them, off to a shooting range with you and be happy

i don´t see a problem with that
    that's the same system florida uses for venomous reptile permits. there are around 75,000 illegal venomous reptile owners in florida right now.
    a law doesn't affect non-law abiding citizens. these kids had an illegally obtained gun. they illegally shot a guy and killed him. guns are crossing the border illegally every day. just not much you can do, it's too late

Deleted
    Well since it already went into a gun discussion, might as well spice it up: I say it is gonna be more recurrent because people smoke weed which is a highly addictive and dangerous drugs

OT: Hard to predect if this gonna be worse or better.

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    light skinned isn't white, that "white kid" has a black mother and a black father, he's probably an albino, he has the features of a black guy. i've seen one albino black guy and he was whiter than me but with freckles and black features (nose/lips/hair)

the "mixed kid" was one of the black kids....he was puerto rican and african american, or like we call it, a black kid. imagine if i said "i'm not white, i'm mixed, i'm german and irish"

yeah right

i don't know if it being a hate crime should matter, same results, but it was 3 black kids who targeted a white guy after firing off anti-white tweets. whatever you call that, it was

- - - Updated - - -

that's the same system florida uses for venomous reptile permits. there are around 75,000 illegal venomous reptile owners in florida right now.
    a law doesn't affect non-law abiding citizens. these kids had an illegally obtained gun. they illegally shot a guy and killed him. guns are crossing the border illegally every day. just not much you can do, it's too late
    The very fact that you pull out the Albino card to say a white skinned person is still black is incredibly crazy. I bet you've never seen one, I know you haven't cause if you had you would know that any light skinned person can't be albino, its like powder white.

But beyond that crazy attempt at saying they're still black, the POLICE said one is white and one is mixed race. Thus any continued argument to call it a hate crime or to keep saying its 3 black kids is moot. Stop watching and listening to crap news that tries to scare you all the time. They make money off your fear, stop letting them collect a check to make you feel bad and hate others that you know absolutely nothing about.

15+ Year Old Account
    hu? is this a guessed number or do they have track of illegal venomous reptile owners?

well it certainly would effect the # of guns used for crimes

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html

the activities criminals get guns are illegal, but without the database of who ownes what gun, no one has a clue what happens when one is baught, this article is mind boggling
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The very fact that you pull out the Albino card to say a white skinned person is still black is incredibly crazy. I bet you've never seen one, I know you haven't cause if you had you would know that any light skinned person can't be albino, its like powder white.

But beyond that crazy attempt at saying they're still black, the POLICE said one is white and one is mixed race. Thus any continued argument to call it a hate crime or to keep saying its 3 black kids is moot. Stop watching and listening to crap news that tries to scare you all the time. They make money off your fear, stop letting them collect a check to make you feel bad and hate others that you know absolutely nothing about.

is she white too? news originally reported that michael jones was a black guy with a bandanna, that picture was wrong. since then it's been reported every possible way that these kids weren't all black, even the "mixed race" kid, who is a black kid, both mentally and physically, "isn't black" to the media now. it's called "damage control"

it's like how zimmerman was half white/half whatever but didn't even look white, but the media called him white for certain reasons (white vs black)

blacks have certain features. michael jones does too

white and black isn't just skin color. i have a european friend who doesn't understand this, if you're not american, you don't know what american white/black means so just stop. white is "non-ethnic looking" i guess, black is different depending on if you're asking a black guy, a white guy, a puerto rican, a brazilian, etc

a PR is a black guy to me, to them, they're latinos or whatever
    Last edited by mmotroof; 2013-08-23 at 01:34 PM.

is she white too? news originally reported that michael jones was a black guy with a bandanna, that picture was wrong. since then it's been reported every possible way that these kids weren't all black, even the "mixed race" kid, who is a black kid, both mentally and physically, "isn't black" to the media now. it's called "damage control"

it's like how zimmerman was half white/half whatever but didn't even look white, but the media called him white for certain reasons (white vs black)

blacks have certain features. michael jones does too

white and black isn't just skin color. i have a european friend who doesn't understand this, if you're not american, you don't know what american white/black means so just stop. white is "non-ethnic looking" i guess, black is different depending on if you're asking a black guy, a white guy, a puerto rican, a brazilian, etc

a PR is a black guy to me, to them, they're latinos or whatever
    Would you as a totally non racist person yourself care to explain how a person is mentally black? I'm sure it would help in these court cases when a teenager of not albino skin color but who isn't pitch black hurts another person for whatever the reason teenagers do such things. Because its totally impossible for someone thats mentally white to commit a heinous crime and kill an old white guy i'm sure.

If the police say someones mixed race and another is white, you should probably accept what they say. Maybe he had a black mother and father, or maybe they were also mixed race. But really I just want to know how someone is mentally black as opposed to mentally white or mentally asian. I'm sure all the PhDs will be surprised to find themselves suddenly asian because of their intelligence, and all those white kids that listen to rap will be amazed as their skin darkens because of it.

Zimmerman was considered racist for what he was saying during the 911 call. And his myspace postings. And all the previous calls about black kids in the neighborhood that were just walking home since he never actually caught anyone committing a crime. There's actual evidence for his mental state in relation to Trayvon and other young black men. There's no evidence of a hate crime yet in any of these stories being ginned up to prove blacks are racist against whites.
    Last edited by Feldon45; 2013-08-23 at 01:44 PM.

hu? is this a guessed number or do they have track of illegal venomous reptile owners?

well it certainly would effect the # of guns used for crimes

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html

the activities criminals get guns are illegal, but without the database of who ownes what gun, no one has a clue what happens when one is baught, this article is mind boggling
    it's based on everything from expired permits, gaps in permit application, medical records (bites require expensive medical care), anti-venom sales (state law requires owners with exotic species to acquire the proper anti-venom, and while most can't afford that $50,000-100,000 stock of something they may never need, some who are under the radar DO buy it and it's recorded) and busts

it's always a guess in situations like this. just an educated guess.

when one of you folks can explain how you fix america's problem of hundreds of thousands of illegally owned guns, you'll make progress but i've yet to see a competent solution. if they banned guns today, it wouldn't change anything for most of the people who commit gun related crimes, those are usually stolen, they were either never registered anywhere or modified to be untraceable. there are only so many places on a gun you can put a serial number. even then, a car has multiple places where a vin is located, and it's 100% possible to change them in a few hours of work.

in essence, you disarm law abiding citizens, because that's the only folks who care. you do nothing that affects those with guns already and guns are still smuggled across at the same rate.

i just don't see how that helps.

it's like abstinence and we know that doesn't fucking work. education is the only chance and firearm education with harsher penalties is about all you can do and that will only be minimally effective

they could have easily run the guy over for fun that day

- - - Updated - - -

Would you as a totally non racist person yourself care to explain how a person is mentally black? I'm sure it would help in these court cases when a teenager of not albino skin color but who isn't pitch black hurts another person for whatever the reason teenagers do such things. Because its totally impossible for someone thats mentally white to commit a heinous crime and kill an old white guy i'm sure.

If the police say someones mixed race and another is white, you should probably accept what they say. Maybe he had a black mother and father, or maybe they were also mixed race. But really I just want to know how someone is mentally black as opposed to mentally white or mentally asian. I'm sure all the PhDs will be surprised to find themselves suddenly asian because of their intelligence, and all those white kids that listen to rap will be amazed as their skin darkens because of it.

Zimmerman was considered racist for what he was saying during the 911 call. And his myspace postings. And all the previous calls about black kids in the neighborhood that were just walking home. There's actual evidence for his mental state in relation to Trayvon and other young black men. There's no evidence of a hate crime yet in any of these stories being ginned up to prove blacks are racist against whites.
    if a half black/half white kid grows up in the ghetto around black people, idolizing gangsters, aspiring to be a rapper, he's a fucking black kid. you can play the "i'm not racist because i believe we're all created equal" shit all you want, but we're not all the same. we look different, we act different, fuck, blacks and latinos even have more efficient perspiration systems. did you know they have up to 4x as many glands and even the chemistry of the sweat is different? it's more acidic which helps protect from UV rays better.

we're not all the same, if you folks are gonna blame mom and dad (a kid's environment) for shit when it goes wrong, don't try to claim the environment isn't a factor now

what's funny is you're trying extra hard to point out how UNracist you are by saying things that black leaders are against. they are VERY much in favor of changing the black man's ENVIRONMENT to be more conducive to success and they blame the white man for not doing that

stop with this "we're all god's children" bullshit

15+ Year Old Account
    it's based on everything from expired permits, gaps in permit application, medical records (bites require expensive medical care), anti-venom sales (state law requires owners with exotic species to acquire the proper anti-venom, and while most can't afford that $50,000-100,000 stock of something they may never need, some who are under the radar DO buy it and it's recorded) and busts

it's always a guess in situations like this. just an educated guess.

when one of you folks can explain how you fix america's problem of hundreds of thousands of illegally owned guns, you'll make progress but i've yet to see a competent solution. if they banned guns today, it wouldn't change anything for most of the people who commit gun related crimes, those are usually stolen, they were either never registered anywhere or modified to be untraceable. there are only so many places on a gun you can put a serial number. even then, a car has multiple places where a vin is located, and it's 100% possible to change them in a few hours of work.

in essence, you disarm law abiding citizens, because that's the only folks who care. you do nothing that affects those with guns already and guns are still smuggled across at the same rate.

i just don't see how that helps.

it's like abstinence and we know that doesn't fucking work. education is the only chance and firearm education with harsher penalties is about all you can do and that will only be minimally effective

they could have easily run the guy over for fun that day
    it´s as you don´t even read the link... only 10-15% of guns used in crimes are stolen

i don´t mean to disarm law abiding citizens, i mean to make a database of all weapons, owned by law abiding citizens aswell as by the sellers, who apparently as shown in the link aren´t required to have lists of what guns they own or how they sold it...

australia is a good example that it can work, why wouldn´t it in the US too?
    Australia's violent crime and murder rates have not declined any more steeply than the US crime rates over the same period of time. If a declining crime rate is evidence that policies are working, then the US is plainly on the right track.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    OT: Hard to predect if this gonna be worse or better.
    Not really. The overarching trend is pretty clearly towards diminished rates of crime.

The one in Oklahoma was not a hate crime, though Rupert Murdoch may be pushing that angle. The pictures of the kids is one black kid, one mixed race, and one white kid. And after they killed the baseball player, they were off to beat up a black kid for fun, which is when they got caught because the father of that kid called the police.

1 black + 1 mixed + 1 white =/= 3 black kids no matter how often Rush Limbaugh screams it. And going to beat up a black kid after the white guy is a pretty good indication it had nothing to do with race the first time.
    Bah. Appears the photo linked was wrong.

Here's an article which appears to show the 3rd criminal who is indeed white.

http://newsone.com/2688252/james-edw...ball-shooting/

My bad.
    Last edited by iperson; 2013-08-23 at 01:57 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...kane-wash?lite

So this guy was beaten to death...for no reason.

So this is the most recent random attack of several in the last few months. Is this a new trend that is going to increase, or a horrible coincidence?

2 Black teenagers beat a white WW2 Veteran to death for nothing. If it was 2 white teenagers beating a black WW2 veteran to death, do you guys think there would be more coverage and outrage?

Is this a hate crime?

It makes me Angry and sad.

People wonder why average law abiding citizens want the right to carry firearms for their own personal defense, this is good example why.
    I want to say certain things, but they would be considered too offensive, without actually being intentionally offensive.

It's freaking sad. That man fought for freedom in the greatest war in human history, then two punks beat him to death. I hope they find them and execute them. Then again, I might get infracted for wanting CRIMINALS PUNISHED. I've been infracted for that before.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...kane-wash?lite

So this guy was beaten to death...for no reason.

So this is the most recent random attack of several in the last few months. Is this a new trend that is going to increase, or a horrible coincidence?

2 Black teenagers beat a white WW2 Veteran to death for nothing. If it was 2 white teenagers beating a black WW2 veteran to death, do you guys think there would be more coverage and outrage?

Is this a hate crime?

It makes me Angry and sad.

People wonder why average law abiding citizens want the right to carry firearms for their own personal defense, this is good example why.
    Is every single crime that a black person does going to turn into a race issue now? Is this forum now becoming a place just for people to bitch about "black people did x thing to white person! Look black person did something!" I don't see much of the opposite going on and doubt it would happen given the demographics of this forum.

Like four topics (more included those closed) on this in what two days now?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Zimmerman was considered racist for what he was saying during the 911 call. And his myspace postings. And all the previous calls about black kids in the neighborhood that were just walking home since he never actually caught anyone committing a crime. There's actual evidence for his mental state in relation to Trayvon and other young black men. There's no evidence of a hate crime yet in any of these stories being ginned up to prove blacks are racist against whites.

I think a black man can put it better, without being accused of being racist.
    "There's black people and there's nigga's." - Chris Rock

usnews dot nbcnews dot com /_news/2013/08/20/20102447-2-teens-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-ballplayers-killing-in-oklahoma?lite

Don't ever cleaim a facebook picture or anything off Faux news is the real thing, EVER. I will come up with actual evidence to the contrary every single time you attempt it, period.

can't post links yet, I've been using MMO for years but this shit is getting to incredibly racist and stupid to put up with any longer

The definitions the moron above was using for mentally black would be poor kid. Yes, black leaders would like to stop having poor people with few options in life. Being poor doesn't make one racist against white people, it may make one dislike those who don't face the same environmental issues that they have to deal with.

Since you like science, you would also know there's more differences between you and me genetically than there are between people of different ethnicities. Ethnic genetics are a rounding error in comparison to the normal genetic variations between any two people on the street.

With stuff like this going on in our communites, can you really blame people for wanting to take a more pro-active approach to self-defense?
    I'm not against gun ownership, I fully support it actually.

However, if people want to be pro-active in self defense, there are also a slew of martial arts classes available, many for low cost and some even for free out there. I think more people should be taking self defense classes first and considering legal firearm carry second.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the apathy in America will wash this away as the other stories which have surfaced recently about blacks killing whites. You know, cuz blacks "frown" on that sorta thing. The only time it's seen as racist is when a white does something to a minority, when a minority does something well in the mortal words of Mrs. Clinton, "what difference does it make?"

You cannot stop this, you cannot do anything to correct it and frankly the only choice we are left with is just to accept that eventually it will be our turn. I just hope that when minorities and or the government decides that it is my time to die that it happens quickly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Australia's violent crime and murder rates have not declined any more steeply than the US crime rates over the same period of time. If a declining crime rate is evidence that policies are working, then the US is plainly on the right track.
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...hip-world-list

well to be farir, they are very low compared to the US, so going down at the same rate, is pretty impresssing

homicide by firearm
    australia:
    0.14 per 100.000 pop

united states:
    2.97 per 100.000 pop

Would you as a totally non racist person yourself care to explain how a person is mentally black?
    Not sure how they were saying it, but I would imagine "mentally black" comes down to self identification. What they consider themselves. Not sure how you bring that up in court or prove one way or the other though.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...hip-world-list

well to be farir, they are very low compared to the US, so going down at the same rate, is pretty impresssing

homicide by firearm
    australia:
    0.14 per 100.000 pop

united states:
    2.97 per 100.000 pop
    What about overall homicide rates?

My friends in Canada once told me "Hell no, you'd never get a gun pulled on you here. Muggers just use baseball bats." XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    snip
    as a follow up:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Not sure how they were saying it, but I would imagine "mentally black" comes down to self identification. What they consider themselves. Not sure how you bring that up in court or prove one way or the other though.

- - - Updated - - -

What about overall homicide rates?

My friends in Canada once told me "Hell no, you'd never get a gun pulled on you here. Muggers just use baseball bats." XD
    well, click the link and do the math