Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    I'd be annoyed because it would be a very lazy race to add to the alliance. Other than that I wouldn't care much one way or the other. I'm not terribly interested, but I wouldn't mind.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    you are splitting hairs to separate darkspear trolls from the bajillions of other trolls. but i get your point.
    Probably got beat to this already but the Darkspear trolls are the only playable trolls. Every single troll you play is a Darkspear. No other tribe is aligned with the Horde in any way.

    ^ Father and son. Winning.

  3. #283
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Probably got beat to this already but the Darkspear trolls are the only playable trolls. Every single troll you play is a Darkspear. No other tribe is aligned with the Horde in any way.
    *cough* Revantusk *cough*

    but they aren't playable.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  4. #284
    I wouldn't, I've wanted High elves since TBC.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    One could argue that 3 pointy-eared green races are too much, or 3 hulking brute races are too much, or 3 anthropomorphic animal races are too much. We have all of those in threes. It's a weak argument against high elves.
    Yeah, except those qualifications are way more generic than Elven. Trolls, orcs and goblins have distinct outlines: one is very tall, one is very short, one is bulky and muscular. Same with the animal races: tauren, worgen and pandaren look nothing alike. Nor would one mistake gnomes, dwarves and goblins. In fact the only reason the current two elven races work is because they are sufficiently different. Obviously Blizz can try to differentiate HE from BE a bit, but I dont see how they can get away from the slender, pinkskinned, pointyeared, graceful look enough for them to stand out.

  6. #286
    Stood in the Fire Shefu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    397
    Alliance will never get High Elves.

  7. #287
    I would be f-ing pissed too. There are already two elf races in this game, and another is just to much. I don't care what ANYONE says about the High Elves having a different looking model, different emotes, different lore, etc. IT'S STILL A PLAYABLE ELF RACE. Something this game does NOT need.

  8. #288
    It's just, even if they gave them a "new" model. (They couldn't deviate too far or they wouldn't be High Elves), their racial lore would likely be incredibly bland as High Elves are already a part of the Alliance. What's the drive to play one, aside from being a beige-skinned Alliance elf? What really seperates them from Belfs that makes some people so eager to play one? Are they really "that" interesting?

    Honestly, as a race, they currently hold no interesting lore to me. They're basically a people who practice restraint when it comes to magic. And are generally stuck-up. Yeah, well, the Gilneans sort of have THAT covered already, except for the decently-humbled Worgen you occasionally meet, so I honestly think the Alliance is good on that front. Come on people, why do you want High Elves so badly when they essentially offer nothing interesting?

    If Blizzard could go through the trouble of altering them to make them different from Belfs, why couldn't they just spend that energy creating and integrating an entirely new race to the Alliance mix? So much wasted potential just to appease people that want to be Alliance Blood Elves.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is a coalition mustered by Jaina, not the Silver covenant, they might have more volunteers, yeah they have more political influence now obviously, still their influence has clear limits, you can see that quite well during the confrontation at the bloodied crossing Vereesa gets reigned in once more. The Silver Covenant is nothing more than a part of the Kirin Tor forces, not independent, or self sustaining. They have no member on the council as such they can't really influence the important decisions.
    And Tyrande gets reigned in and chastised by Varian, she has no influence on important decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because they are individuals on the human organizations, not an established nation.
    And Worgen are no longer an established nation, neither are Gnomes. Nor really are Draenei, they inhabit a crashed space ship.

    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    However I do agree that they shouldn't have received the focus they did, considering they aren't a player race.
    I don't know why you're saying you agree, because that's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth.

  10. #290
    It would be really silly if they made High Elves an Alliance playable race.

    Then again, the fact that Blood Elves are in the Horde is silly to begin with.

    Thanks, TBC.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Who said they'd share the same model? They can give them a different model, different pose, different emotes, different overall looks while still looking elven.
    Why would they do that? They're exactly the same race. Maybe Defias humans should look different to other humans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #291
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,751
    High elves have too small of a population to be their own race.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #292
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It would be really silly if they made High Elves an Alliance playable race.

    Then again, the fact that Blood Elves are in the Horde is silly to begin with.

    Thanks, TBC.

    Why is having the blood elves for the horde silly? it made perfect sense with the story of warcraft 3 imo.
    But giving a some left over bloo.. high elves as a actual playable race is rediculous.

    Blizzard has to put time and effort into the already excisting elf race for the alliance. Cus guess what the night elves are lame right now?


  13. #293
    Eh i'd be fine with it i don't really care either way hell let any race be any faction through a traitor system betraying your own faction, or remove two separate factions either way players should be able to play any race they want no matter which side they play.

    Or at the very least make it so we can model swap without being suspended, just remove ability to exploit with it.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And Worgen are no longer an established nation, neither are Gnomes. Nor really are Draenei, they inhabit a crashed space ship.
    Uh, the Worgen answer to their King, Genn Greymane, which is one of the main leaders of the Alliance.

    The Draenei, led by Velen, built a nation on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles. Like the Worgen, they are organized entities part of the political map of the Alliance.

    The High Elves are individuals, with no established organization or leadership, working for the different human organizations. The Silver Covenant is the military arm of the Kirin Tor, ruled by Jaina and the Council of Six (with a clear human majority).

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I know that sounds crazy, two different models for the same race does not seem logical. But it is the only solution to introduce the High Elves into the Alliance as a "new" race.
    Don't be ridiculous. There's no need for a specific HElf model. None at all. Current models are more than acceptable. The only issue would be how unique you want each faction to feel. Indeed, different models would get rid of one of the attractions of a HElf race - the lack of development costs, and I'm not convinced it would solve the "rehashed" argument at all. That'll be trotted out by some no matter how much of a reworking the HElfs got.

    No - I think IF HElfs were to be part of the Alliance, then it would be best to simply leave them looking as they are. Especially with the new models only 25% complete and BElfs being left for last. What Blizzard WOULD need to do is simply give the Horde an Alliance race - Highborne would be available without any lore twisting but other races could have some story written up. Maybe it's the Voodoo Gnomes of Strangelthorn, or the Iron Dwarves of Ulduar.

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-28 at 11:22 AM.

  16. #296
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And Tyrande gets reigned in and chastised by Varian, she has no influence on important decisions.
    Comparing someone who controls an entire race and someone who controls a portion of Dalaran's military is quite foolish, Vereesa can throw a tantrum if she wants , but in the end the council decides all, so no she has no real influence. Right now she might ,because Jaina has a similar view, but should that change there is nothing she can do and has to obey the council, whether she agrees or not. High elves have no representative on the council after all.

    Not to mention Varian could ignore Tyrande and order her around in military matters, since he is the supreme commander.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-08-28 at 11:11 AM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Uh, the Worgen answer to their King, Genn Greymane, which is one of the main leaders of the Alliance.

    The Draenei, led by Velen, built a nation on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles. Like the Worgen, they are organized entities part of the political map of the Alliance.

    The High Elves are individuals, with no established organization or leadership, working for the different human organizations. The Silver Covenant is the military arm of the Kirin Tor, ruled by Jaina and the Council of Six (with a clear human majority).
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Comparing someone who controls an entire race and someone who controls a portion of Dalaran's military is quite foolish, Vereesa can throw a tantrum if she wants , but in the end the council decides all, so no she has no real influence. Right now she might ,because Jaina has a similar view, but should that change there is nothing she can do and has to obey the council, whether she agrees or not. High elves have no representative on the council after all.

    Not to mention Varian could ignore Tyrande and order her around in military matters, since he is the supreme commander.
    So your reasoning we can't be High Elves is just that they don't have a singular leader? Pretty lame reasoning tbf.

  18. #298
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So your reasoning we can't be High Elves is just that they don't have a singular leader? Pretty lame reasoning tbf.
    I think we all need to quit trying to have High Elves in the game. If you REALY like the blue eyes just go to models and change some scryps dammit, I think most players just want to see something NEW!


  19. #299
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So your reasoning we can't be High Elves is just that they don't have a singular leader? Pretty lame reasoning tbf.
    I am not arguing against playable high elves -.-

    I am arguing against stupid demands should they become playable, like their own kingdom more presence a unique model etc. the high elves are nothing more than a bunch of exiles clinging to the Alliance, that should be their theme, trying to find a lasting place in the Alliance, since on their own they simply can't function properly anymore.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  20. #300
    Okay back to this thread again

    Also the role of magic using, light-using healer mage types has been taken up by the Draenei for the Alliance
    Don't worry they'll get lore soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •