Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Hell, while we're at it Nazrethim for Horde! Titans for Alliance!

:P
    Old Gods for the Alliance, Sargeras and burning legion for the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    So you're basically getting angry over something that's not the case anyway. Interesting hobby.

Anyways, I think it's unlikely for them to become a playable race. The game doesn't really need a third playable variant of elves.

But yeah, even if they do get implemented, they wouldn't be using the blood elf model, why would they? And of course they'd be Alliance.
    Who said I m getting angry?
    Said it WOULD piss me off IF it happened :/

Deleted
    I saw someone mention this idea before about high elves, which I really quite liked.

Basically, the blue dragonflight recognises the strife and self-control of the Quel'dorei and their everyday struggle with their magical addictions and chooses them as their soldiers in the fight to protect Azeroth against the burning legion. They bless the High Elves with their magic and power, liberating them from their addiction and transforming them in a draconic looking humanoid race.

They would move Dalaran back to its original location, and that would become the starter zone for the Dragontouched. They would basically act as high elves, however, but in fact look slightly different and have a different outlook.

They would abhor the blood elves, as per usual.

Racial abilities could be something like
    Glide (2 min CD) - When falling, extend your wings to catch the air currents around you, allowing you to glide safely to the ground.
    Blessing of the Blue Dragonflight (2 min CD) - Something idk.

This would give Alliance High Elves, without giving them blood elves.

I'd just be super dissapointed to be honest. If I want to make an Elf that isn't purple I'll make a Blood Elf, and if I want an Alliance Elf I'll make a Night Elf. It'd just be a boring boring choice.

I could see High Elves as a player race for the Alliance, save their models wouldn't have the Twiggy model for their females, and their males ... well, I don't know, perhaps they'd be some cross between Night and Blood Elven males except less objectionable than Nigh Elf gorilla shape.

As for High Elves should be very few in number, and considered rare... as someone else mentioned, that holds true for just about every player race other than Orc and Human.

Of course, I'd rather simply see the new, updated player models of the different races. I would hope they retain their original flavor (too thin for Blood Elves, blocky for Dwarves, kind of brutish for Orcs), while managing to catch up with the most recent models and changes to the game graphics at the same time. They could conceivably slap Blood Elf ears onto an updated Human, but that would be lazy and there'd be a big outcry about it...

I'm not sure their addition as a player race would add much of anything to the game itself, though. Particularly with Night Elves finally being allowed to be Mages, there's not a huge need for a new race to fill that hole. The Highborn were Elven Mages, and not all of them turned blonde and pink (oh Shen'dralar, I'll never forget your rotten demands). Even the images of Azshara show her more closely resembling a Night Elf than a Blood Elf. Perhaps simply adding a Blonde and Pink set of options for the new Night Elf models would suffice - plus 2 options in terms of ear type (Night Elf out, plus Blood Elf up), and 2 options in terms of eye glow (white and blue)?
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

horde can get broken if alliance get high elves , also if we go to argus ,horde needs a reason to go there .

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't un-ring the bell, Elves belong to the Horde (much to my chagrin). The chances of a virtually identical race, even with unique postures and animations, being made solely for the other team is minimal, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    horde can get broken if alliance get high elves , also if we go to argus ,horde needs a reason to go there .
    The thing is, with the way the lore is written, this wouldn't make much sense. They could've done this to begin with and have it that the Draenei have no relation to the Eredar, but the way things are they don't have much reason to join the Horde. I mean, it's kinda the Horde's fault that they are the way they are in official canon.
    Last edited by Rathnor The Flesher; 2013-08-23 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    So you're basically getting angry over something that's not the case anyway. Interesting hobby.

Anyways, I think it's unlikely for them to become a playable race. The game doesn't really need a third playable variant of elves.

But yeah, even if they do get implemented, they wouldn't be using the blood elf model, why would they? And of course they'd be Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathnor The Flesher View Post
    Well, you can't un-ring the bell, Elves belong to the Horde (much to my chagrin). The chances of a virtually identical race, even with unique postures and animations, being made solely for the other team is minimal, at best.
    Essentially this.

As much as I love poking holes in the rationale of players who want playable High Elves, I don't think Blizzard will add a third variety of elf to the game. It's one of the simplest, yet most persuasive, arguments against the inclusion of the High Elves.

As an addendum, if you're going to argue for High Elves, at least have the decency to accept they'll be added with the same model as the Blood Elves. The request for playable High Elves annoys me. The new model justification frustrates me because it's an appeal to delusion.

Are some of you really so desperate to gain playable High Elves that you are willing to entertain the notion that 10 years of political division have somehow produced a physically distinct race? Stop kidding yourselves. The only real difference between the two is eye colour and the chances of Blizzard taking time away from their art department to facilitate the wholly unnecessary development of a brand new model for a race whose inclusion is going to generate a massive playerbase backlash simply that some people can say 'see? they are a bit different!' is a pretty crazy position to hold.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-08-23 at 04:51 PM.

I could see them using High Elf models for Night Elves as an option, since High Elves would not have Paladins, but don't really see why it would be a totally new race.

Deleted
    Alliance player here and I agree with you.

High Elves are a waste of a race slot.

Give me something that doesn't just look like a human with pointy ears.

No more anorexic elves please.

Deleted

As a playable race (with a ghost copy ability when they run) PLEASE BLIZZARD.

If a cartel of originally neutral Goblins can join the Horde

Then a coalition of originally neutral Ethereals can join the Alliance

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamvillain View Post

As a playable race (with a ghost copy ability when they run) PLEASE BLIZZARD.
    The Ethereals are WAY too intelligent and cool to join either side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    No more anorexic elves please.
    How in God's name are Blood Elves anorexic?
    Seriously it's like chubby has become the new slim these days and slim is the new anorexic...

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ew no :P
    I d much rather be set with some evil draenei or something XD
    Lol yeah just take the bizarro version of each TBC race and give it to the other faction. High Elves to Alliance and Eredar to Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    How in God's name are Blood Elves anorexic?
    Seriously it's like chubby has become the new slim these days and slim is the new anorexic...
    Considering the obesity problem in the western world, with no solution in sightm alot of people already seem to have adopted to the new status quo, or are simply scared shitless of the politcal correctnes regarding it. That is coming from someone who would think about a word like chubby when being discribed as blatant flattery. Though the thing with belfs is that they have kinda weird proportions in some places, which would only be half as bad if they had kept the males their original form that resembled that, but they went for the boldy builder style there instead.

Alliance can have them btw, just give me Eredar for the Horde, deal?

skin high elves for the blood elves so stop bothering

15+ Year Old Account
    why? the majority of Horde players are Blood Elves. and the players are nearly 50-50 in alliance-horde ratio.

imagine what happens if high elves join the Alliance. that actually makes many blood elf players reroll to Alliance.

besides I'm fine with either High Elves or Furbolg for the next race.

Deleted
    Yes please give us High elfs, like people already said, there are so many other races that are few in numbers, so that reason alone i don't buy (for not adding them i mean)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Correction. High Elves are part of the Alliance still. Those few in the Hinterlands, those under the command of Alleria (the ones that went through the portal; some are in Outland still and you can interact with them) and the very few that roam alliance cities are ALLIANCE. And what does it matter if they don't represent Quel'thalas? They are High Elves, and they are Alliance, and that's all that's needed.
    The High Elves, as a nation, left the Alliance after the Second War. Those are small enclaves that have no political representation in the Alliance whatsoever, much like other minor factions that joined the Alliance or Horde.

Want High Elves playable? Make them a "sub-race" of the humans, which is what they currently are.