Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Only 3 Alliance factions have that, and can have that because the others are utterly useless as they're homeless and hopeless living under the protectorate of the other 3.
    3? Humans, dwarves, night elves, gnomes, draenei. Only the Worgen are refugees and they still have an established leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Look, the truth is, either option is flawed. Let them keep the same model, which is logical as they are same race, we will pounce on Blizzard for recycling the Blood Elves.

Give them a different model and we will criticise them for giving them the same race two models, criticise them for adding another elf race where none is needed, and then players on both factions will begin demanding access to the model the other side has.

Jessicka there is no mutually agreeable outcome on the model issue. Both outcomes are horribly flawed and will give Blizzard tons of negative feedback.

It's one of the many reasons they will not be added as a playable race.
    Ahh the joys of an unpleasble fanbase, i bet it must suck to be a game developer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    3? Humans, dwarves, night elves, gnomes, draenei. Only the Worgen are refugees and they still have an established leadership.
    the draenei and the gnomes are also exiled from their homelands. that's what jessicka meant.

- - - Updated - - -

They should work with one, established and homed faction of them.

Hate to call faction bias, but all the Horde factions have a home town and established governance
    The Goblins have reformed Azshara but they don't have a faction capital there (no banks, no auction houses, no complete set of profession and class trainers)

the Trolls have retaken the Echo Islands but they also don't have a faction capital there (no banks, no auction houses, no complete set of profession and class trainers)

the Trolls are basically in the same position as the Gnomes, they have 'retaken' a part of their home territory, but only enough of it to have a starting zone, not a capital. The Gilneans and Goblins are both refugee nation (although the goblins have built up Azshara really fast, i won't deny that)

- - - Updated - - -

the only true faction capitals in the game are:
    Orgrimmar
    Undercity
    Thunder Bluff
    Silvermoon

Stormwind
    Ironforge
    Darnassus
    Exodar

Bilgwater harbor is not a capital (Although in the future it could be), the Echo Islands are not a capital.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-28 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Look, the truth is, either option is flawed. Let them keep the same model, which is logical as they are same race, we will pounce on Blizzard for recycling the Blood Elves.

Give them a different model and we will criticise them for giving them the same race two models, criticise them for adding another elf race where none is needed, and then players on both factions will begin demanding access to the model the other side has.

Jessicka there is no mutually agreeable outcome on the model issue. Both outcomes are horribly flawed and will give Blizzard tons of negative feedback.

It's one of the many reasons they will not be added as a playable race.
    I recall Pandaren being an unpopular "joke" was why we'd never see them. A new model is the better option for giving them to Alliance, as one assumes Horde would get their own new race with a new model also.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They could actually be used in a similar way, the darkspear on their own aren't that much after all. Still Darkspear have their own territories, high elves have a few outposts and are guests in the human kingdoms. Though arguably Quel'danil is the only independent major hub left, since Alleria stronghold is only home to one ranger cadre.

But they are still refugees, the Silver Covenant does not own Dalaran they simply are allowed to live there, it is a human kingdom after all. It simply is the high elf core, they chose their morality over their well being and because of said choice are left with almost nothing.
    Either/or to be honest. They're pretty much the only faction left the Alliance could "take in" (or rather, have represent them) that wouldn't require some absurd FROM NOWHERE implementation and be able to show some semblance of base, organisation and structure - even if it's from within Dalaran - and wouldn't necessarily have to appear to be hopeless exiles since they've had time to re-establish themselves, even if few in number, like the Darkspear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

the draenei and the gnomes are also exiled from their homelands. that's what jessicka meant.
    Yup, this. The Gnomes still haven't retaken Gnomeregan, and the Draenei still occupy a crashed spaceship.

The Goblins have reformed Azshara but they don't have a faction capital there (no banks, no auction houses, no complete set of profession and class trainers)
    the Trolls have retaken the Islands but they also don't have a faction capital there (no banks, no auction houses, no complete set of profession and class trainers)
    They are considered 'homes' though, the Gnome's "home" is within a section of Ironforge, the Worgen's "home" is a tree in Darnassus. I can only guess that Azshara and the Islands lack those facilities because the Alliance QQ would be incredible, and fully justified.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-08-28 at 02:30 PM.

Why would another elf group even be added.... high elves are practically blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    frankly i would love so see Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Bilgwater Harbor and the Echo Islands all turned into capitals for the four refugee races.

- - - Updated - - -

They are considered 'homes' though, the Gnome's "home" is within a section of Ironforge, the Worgen's "home" is a tree in Darnassus. I can only guess that Azshara and the Islands lack those facilities because the Alliance QQ would be incredible, and fully justified.

I think the Trolls position vis-a-vis the echo islands is about the same the Gnomes position in the Echo Islands, at best they both have new starting areas but they haven't exactly established capitals in either. the Darkspear are still in Orgrimmar and the Gnomes are still in Ironforge.

You are really saying the High Elves should get a new model if they would be implemented knowing that the Blood Elves might be skipped from the list of model updates ?

BE are the second most played race in the game and the NR 1 played race in the Horde,with a game loosing subs this fast,upsetting that playerbase would be a bad move.

The Pandaren use the same model for both faction,the worgen in human form use the same model as the regular humans. The High Elves if playable,would need to be the exact same race.The only difference would be eyes and the fact that Blood Elves should have options to have "rune tattoos on their face" like it's presented on the wow wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If Alliance ever do get High Elves then Horde should get Leper Gnomes, balance it out a bit on the shared model side of things.
    ummm...

nou. Horde likes to punt anything that resembles a gnome. we dont want them here. they are ugly looking like the rest of the alliance races.

10+ Year Old Account
    frankly i would love so see Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Bilgwater Harbor and the Echo Islands all turned into capitals for the four refugee races.
    More than that, they need it if they're going to be developed further - less true for the Goblins and Darkspear since we see a lot of them already (oddly the Horde refugees, right?) - but for their own faction's advancement and usefulness in the story of the game, the Worgen, Draenei and Gnomes need to sort their shit, rebuild and start contributing instead of hiding behind the Alliance banner for protection. They simply can't do anything, and can't be shown to be doing anything while that's the case; otherwise it's just if you can do this, how come you don't have homes to go to?

I think the Trolls position vis-a-vis the echo islands is about the same the Gnomes position in the Echo Islands, at best they both have new starting areas but they haven't exactly established capitals in either. the Darkspear are still in Orgrimmar and the Gnomes are still in Ironforge.
    The Gnomes have Gnomeregan's surface, but it's still just a heavily militarised staging post, nothing more than that.

Deleted
    The Gnomes have Gnomeregan's surface, but it's still just a heavily militarised staging post, nothing more than that.
    Which was taken back by a military operation led by the Gnomish nation and their king, the High Tinker Mekkatorque.

Once again, the High Elves are individuals inside each nation of the Alliance, with no organization or a political leadership. The Silver Covenant is not a High Elf organization, it's just one branch of the military forces of Kirin Tor.

Deleted
    I play Alliance and I really don't want them to be added (even if they had completely new model). Each faction already has one elvish race and I would prefer if they added something else (even Nagas, Jinyu, Murlocs, Furbolgs... - anything else but high elves).

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think that majority of those who want them added as a playable race for Alliance want them only for aesthethic reasons (they like how 'cutesy' Blood Elves are but don't want to play Horde) and I really hope that upcoming model upgrades (especially night elf and human ones) will satisfy them. I honestly doubt that there's a lot of people that wants them because of their lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which was taken back by a military operation led by the Gnomish nation and their king, the High Tinker Mekkatorque.

Once again, the High Elves are individuals inside each nation of the Alliance, with no organization or a political leadership. The Silver Covenant is not a High Elf organization, it's just one branch of the military forces of Kirin Tor.
    Okay, so they barely have enough of an army or organisation to take back their own home. That's hardly a Kingdom; it's just a faction within Ironforge.

The Gnomes still haven't retaken Gnomeregan, and the Draenei still occupy a crashed spaceship.
    Lorewise, the Draenei are back on their feet (Well, hooves :P ) and have repaired the Exodar (The Velen short story mentions that, as well as a huge number of human refugees swamping the place), just another bit of storyline to be filed in the "But showing it would take work!"-folder ~_~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Lorewise, the Draenei are back on their feet (Well, hooves :P ) and have repaired the Exodar (The Velen short story mentions that, as well as a huge number of human refugees swamping the place), just another bit of storyline to be filed in the "But showing it would take work!"-folder ~_~
    hey there is just way more lore than there is game. what are you gonna do?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should mash elves with orcs.

You could call them olves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone enlighten me why ally need a race that looks same like one of the currently playable races ? i just don't get it!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    They should mash elves with orcs.

You could call them olves.
    or perhaps Elcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    or perhaps Elcs?
    Made me hungry overall.. Olves and elcs = Olives and ... pizza basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people get irritated with the theme of the High Elves, especially when they focus on my ... the more you angry the more you show that those who has the problem are you, the Horde: you have jealousy, you fear losing the exclusivity of the elves and that's why would you do anything just to discredit those who support the Quel'dorei.

These haters, who think they have the absolute truth, have even threatened me with a ban to shutting up me forever. But they will not succeed, although I am gone other people will take my place, because the High Elves have always been one of the claims of the Alliance.

Moreover, although Blizzard said textually tomorrow that the High Elves will not be playable never, or that all the High Elves have died all of a sudden, I'll still be here (if my delicate health allows me), defending the right of the Alliance to have one of the iconic races and founders of the Alliance: the Quel'dorei.

Any excuse you can come up will be refuted, the High Elves is a moral necessity that must be satisfied. No excuses. Only Blizzard has the last word.

Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, the two historic and iconic last races of each faction that still remain being non playable, for now ...

Sorry your understanding of the lore is so poor, you need to spew your mental issues all over every since lore thread. There aren't enough high elves to constitute a playable race. 90% of the elven population was slaughtered when Arthas destroyed quel'thalas. The remaining 10% split 9% becoming blood elves and the last 1% still considered high elves.

Your schtick is tiring and old as shit, I'm sure there is a forum somewhere you can role play and not bother normal people. People that actual understand the lore situation don't have to make up idiotic fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I love how people get irritated with the theme of the High Elves, especially when they focus on my ... the more you angry the more you show that those who has the problem are you, the Horde: you have jealousy, you fear losing the exclusivity of the elves and that's why would you do anything just to discredit those who support the Quel'dorei.

These haters, who think they have the absolute truth, have even threatened me with a ban to shutting up me forever. But they will not succeed, although I am gone other people will take my place, because the High Elves have always been one of the claims of the Alliance.

Moreover, although Blizzard said textually tomorrow that the High Elves will not be playable never, or that all the High Elves have died all of a sudden, I'll still be here (if my delicate health allows me), defending the right of the Alliance to have one of the iconic races and founders of the Alliance: the Quel'dorei.

Any excuse you can come up will be refuted, the High Elves is a moral necessity that must be satisfied. No excuses. Only Blizzard has the last word.

Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, the two historic and iconic last races of each faction that still remain being non playable, for now ...
    Reading your posts is just so utterly amusing, you have no idea how often I have to laugh, because of you, your fanfiction has little to no basis and you in your bias actually to continue to ramble on about. You can't make rational arguments and RP constantly so go where you belong, the rp section of the forum.

High elves can become palyable, but should not get even get half as much as you constantly demand, frankly there is no lore basis for it, the only independent high elf hub left on Azeroth is Quel'Danil, Allerian Stronghold shouldn't even be considered a full town, after all only one ranger cadre accompanied the sons of Lothar to Draenor. As long as you make Outlandish claims someone will chime in tear that trash down.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-29 at 04:59 PM.