Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I love how people get irritated with the theme of the High Elves, especially when they focus on my ... the more you angry the more you show that those who has the problem are you, the Horde: you have jealousy, you fear losing the exclusivity of the elves and that's why would you do anything just to discredit those who support the Quel'dorei.
    I've never denied that is my motivation. I don't see why I should have to share one of the races of my faction with the Alliance simply because they don't like playing Horde. I like the look of Draenei and Worgen as well but I'm not demanding they be added to the Horde this minute simply because I want it. So yeah, you pretty much sum up why I'm arguing against you. My response though is 'So What?' It's a perfectly valid reason. I also fear the consequences of breaching the race wall again. Eventually you won't have an Alliance or a Horde if that is taken to it's logical conclusion.

These haters, who think they have the absolute truth, have even threatened me with a ban to shutting up me forever. But they will not succeed, although I am gone other people will take my place, because the High Elves have always been one of the claims of the Alliance.
    Why the hell would we want to ban you over your opinions? Firstly, conversation and debate are good for society. Secondly, your borderline obsession on this topic and easily refutable points allow us to continually undermine your cause.

If you've been threatened with a ban it might have to do other issues, such as your recent behaviour, but if you've convinced yourself that the reason for it was some vast anti-High Elf conspiracy then you're obsession with this fiction is getting genuinely dangerous.

Any excuse you can come up will be refuted, the High Elves is a moral necessity that must be satisfied. No excuses. Only Blizzard has the last word.

Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, the two historic and iconic last races of each faction that still remain being non playable, for now ...
    No they are not a moral necessity. Morality doesn't come into this. They don't exist. They are tools to pad out a fantasy world, nothing more. As for the schtick about them being the last races of each faction that are non-playable, they are playable.

If Blizzard did owe this fictional race a moral debt, it was fulfilled in 2007 when they were added to the game as a playable race, albeit one on the Horde side.

Anyway after three topics in the past two weeks and several hundred posts I think I can safely say we have thrashed this one to death. Is there anything we can really add to the discussion beyond retreading the same arguments again and again?

All we can do is wait for Blizzcon and see what Blizzard does. Maybe anyone with an interest in this topic should hold their fire till then because going in circles is getting boring.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-08-29 at 03:06 PM.

I love how people get irritated with the theme of the High Elves, especially when they focus on my ... the more you angry the more you show that those who has the problem are you, the Horde: you have jealousy, you fear losing the exclusivity of the elves and that's why would you do anything just to discredit those who support the Quel'dorei.

These haters, who think they have the absolute truth, have even threatened me with a ban to shutting up me forever. But they will not succeed, although I am gone other people will take my place, because the High Elves have always been one of the claims of the Alliance.

Moreover, although Blizzard said textually tomorrow that the High Elves will not be playable never, or that all the High Elves have died all of a sudden, I'll still be here (if my delicate health allows me), defending the right of the Alliance to have one of the iconic races and founders of the Alliance: the Quel'dorei.

Any excuse you can come up will be refuted, the High Elves is a moral necessity that must be satisfied. No excuses. Only Blizzard has the last word.

Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, the two historic and iconic last races of each faction that still remain being non playable, for now ...
    It won't happen and should not happen.

Game play over story. Blood elves are firmly horde now and to any new generation of wow players that is the case. You know this deep down this is the case that it will _NEVER_ happen. At best it will be a sub race you can choose and even then where do you put them? As a human sub race to show they are with them? Or as a blood elf sub race and horde aligned?

As for exclusivity of the elves you already have two elvish factions in game and 3 in lore. You have the High elves in lore with Dalaran/stormwind and for the 2 in game that you can play You have the highborne as mages and the night elves in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I could see them using High Elf models for Night Elves as an option, since High Elves would not have Paladins, but don't really see why it would be a totally new race.
    high elves COULD be paladins. for christ sake we have horde elves so why not?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    These haters, who think they have the absolute truth, have even threatened me with a ban to shutting up me forever.
    The only thing mods have ever warned you about is keeping your fanfiction and roleplay in the appropriate section. Also this from the other day, since it seems to have been forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    If you want to discuss a topic, that's great, but do it without the dramatics.
    Really, I think you'd get more out of these discussions if you took that to heart. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    They won't get any high elves chill.

Copy + paste a race is a cheap move that won't look good for Blizzard.

The Blood Elf intro says something about the restored Sunwell may have the power to cure the blood elves of their "curse". With the high focus on custom glyphs in WoW,i totally see cosmetic glyphs for races in the future. And blizzard will most likely add a glyph to make the Blood elf eyes, blue. Blood elves and high elves are the exact same race.

The BE just act more rebel,allies with the horde,tattoos on their faces ( wiki info ) and like to use demon for their fun and power.
    I would laugh my ass off till blizz closes the doors if they "cured" the blood elves and they came back to alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

do NOT go up against the almighty moderators. bwuaaaaaaah
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoMi View Post
    I'm sure there is a forum somewhere you can role play and not bother normal people.
    Interesting distinction, it seems that you realize that ... I'm not normal .... entirely ...

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    do NOT go up against the almighty moderators. bwuaaaaaaah
    No, not I did not mean the moderators, I respect their work and I would never say anything against them. I meant to other people, they already know who they are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Reading your posts is just so utterly amusing, you have no idea how often I have to laugh
    And who says to you that this is not my true intention? :P

Seriously, my comments are highlighted for three things:

• My roleplayer tone
    • My fight for lost causes (High Elves, Calia, Necromancers, etc ...)
    • And a large dose of concealed sarcasm and irony ... or maybe not?

10+ Year Old Account
    your seem to be forgetting your neurotic homophobia