Whats tools to use for reforge/gem help?

not sure how to delete post
    Last edited by kramjam; 2013-08-23 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want to download and install reforge lite. This doesn't handle gems... Check out the blood dk guide on this forum or the one over at icy veins for itemization information.

Hey Kramjam, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Although me saying that the website IS the best for optimizing your gear, I know that might sound biased. So let me share a bit of info.

• First, you can edit the stat weights to do anything you want. For example, here's a profile where I put a Mastery cap of 150% for your character. To edit the stat weights, click the 'edit weights' button to the right of the blue stat weight menu.
    • Also, we released a new algorithm a week ago that will tell you when your optimization is guaranteed to be the absolute best solution. There are anywhere between a few billion and more than a quadrillion combinations of relevant gems, enchants and reforges (no joke!). So Mr. Robot now tells you when he's 100% confident he found the absolute best solution. You'll see a "100% guaranteed" message in a green box in the stats section. If you don't see this, it means he had to default to an estimated solution, which is very rare.
    • Lastly - you can think of Mr. Robot as one big calculator. He'll find you the best optimization for the stats and settings you give him. It's that simple

If you run into any specific questions, let me know. I'm happy to help out. I admit I'm not that well versed on the specifics for death knights, but I can always ask the guy who handles our DKs to stop by if need be
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally use AskMrRobot

Although I'd recommend simming your own personal stat weights first, it's not going to be blatantly wrong without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey Kramjam, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Although me saying that the website IS the best for optimizing your gear, I know that might sound biased. So let me share a bit of info.

• First, you can edit the stat weights to do anything you want. For example, here's a profile where I put a Mastery cap of 150% for your character. To edit the stat weights, click the 'edit weights' button to the right of the blue stat weight menu.
    • Also, we released a new algorithm a week ago that will tell you when your optimization is guaranteed to be the absolute best solution. There are anywhere between a few billion and more than a quadrillion combinations of relevant gems, enchants and reforges (no joke!). So Mr. Robot now tells you when he's 100% confident he found the absolute best solution. You'll see a "100% guaranteed" message in a green box in the stats section. If you don't see this, it means he had to default to an estimated solution, which is very rare.
    • Lastly - you can think of Mr. Robot as one big calculator. He'll find you the best optimization for the stats and settings you give him. It's that simple

If you run into any specific questions, let me know. I'm happy to help out. I admit I'm not that well versed on the specifics for death knights, but I can always ask the guy who handles our DKs to stop by if need be
    I'm curious how you set the 150% Mastery level. I don't have that option from what I can tell...
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Reforgelite isn't "100% accurate" but it is close enough, and it's in-game so it's very easy to use. Get your stat weights by either simming your specific character in simcraft with minimum 10k iterations (if you're hardcore) or just accept reforgelite's weights once they're updated for the current patch. The difference is usually very small.

Reforgelite doesn't tell you which gems or enchants to use. Follow the standard FAQs on elitist jerks/icy-veins (icy-veins is pretty good now, it used to... not be) or use Mr. Robot for that, they all update quickly after each patch.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-08-26 at 05:51 PM.