Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What caused them to shut it down? Also just read they are closing age of empires online i spent tons on that stupid thing -.- They should have just made age of mythology 2 QQ
    I'd assume that it's not really a profitable venture for them. Which isn't too surprising given how negatively most people view it and how does basically nothing that isn't done better by other platforms like Steam or even Origin.

And yeah, AoEO is getting shut down after they put it in maintenance mode last year (or the year before, I forget). They really fucked up the monetization of the game and delivered kinda a half-assed product. I enjoyed it while I played, but it was really obvious that it wasn't fully thought out : /

Deleted
    Praise the PC gods. Time to install batman arkham city without freaking triple, needing codes typed everywhere, DRM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is also the case's where the game is only on GFWL like Gears of War PC and if it dose not get patched over to steam you will be stuck with ether single player or lose it all together.
    If they don't patch it so it works without GFWL after GFWL have shut down i would just crack my copy to be honest if i bought it retail, games not being playable is a non issue at this point if it do not get patched by using the internet, but multiplayer is what goes away for good probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And yeah, AoEO is getting shut down after they put it in maintenance mode last year (or the year before, I forget). They really fucked up the monetization of the game and delivered kinda a half-assed product. I enjoyed it while I played, but it was really obvious that it wasn't fully thought out : /
    We really need a good real-time RTS with a capital building slowly and getting upgrades; and side missions to get resources and loot... WTB good AoEO-like game

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If they don't patch it so it works without GFWL after GFWL have shut down i would just crack my copy to be honest if i bought it retail, games not being playable is a non issue at this point if it do not get patched by using the internet, but multiplayer is what goes away for good probably.
    That is what sucks tho because I do want to play some GOW online on my pc lol even more so since I can run it a hell of a lot better then my original PC I had it on.

Had to deal with GWFL support today just to get a new key since clearly I have installed the game tomany times and it wouldn't let me use my original key LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Noooo my Arkyham City achieves1111111

QQ
    When I played it Arkham City only gave achievements in Steam and not GFWL, but Arkham Asylum on the other hand awarded them on GFWL and not Steam. So now I need to play back through it again to get the achievements since I could never get to register on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What caused them to shut it down? Also just read they are closing age of empires online i spent tons on that stupid thing -.- They should have just made age of mythology 2 QQ

Microsoft seems to be making some very weird decisions lately.. windows 8, xbox one, windows live what's spurred the drastic change in development? 0o
    AoE Online I think has been mentioned for shutdown since January or maybe during the summer, can't remember. I think it has something to do with not enough people to warrant the resources.

I enjoyed the AoE series, well 2nd and Mythology, 3rd one is kind of meh imo, but the online one I thought just sucked so I stopped playing it after a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd assume that it's not really a profitable venture for them. Which isn't too surprising given how negatively most people view it and how does basically nothing that isn't done better by other platforms like Steam or even Origin.

I dont think thats its not profitable as it was never ment to be. It was a merger of xbox live into the windows platform using Vista. Halo 2 and gears of war pc and i think supreme commander were some of the first games to use this service. Id put money on it being shutdown as with the new console coming out they have a better system, not riddled with legacy vista code that they will use to reintergrate windows and xbox live.

Cool, now I can play Arkham City. I've been wanting to for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    Cool, now I can play Arkham City. I've been wanting to for a long time.
    Make sure after you beat it to play the Harley Quin DLC its worth it

I love both Batman games and can't wait to play the new one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    According to this article i read Games for Windows will be gone in July 2014.

I could not find a post about it but so many games such as batman, street fighter, fable and many more all use GFWL even the steam versions.

Nothing more to say really other that oh hell and discuss.
    You know the rules, link or you stink!

But hopefully it's true...It was one of the main reasons I couldn't play GTA IV for a year on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post

But hopefully it's true...It was one of the main reasons I couldn't play GTA IV for a year on PC.
    I know u wasn't replying to me but here ya go

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/20/ga...own-next-year/

First two games that got Patched out of GFWL is both Batman Games.

10+ Year Old Account
    AoE Online I think has been mentioned for shutdown since January or maybe during the summer, can't remember. I think it has something to do with not enough people to warrant the resources.
    AKA, they can't sell an RTS on the Xbox, their platform of choice.

Microsoft's Passive-agressive two-faced attitude towards PC gamers is one of the main reasons Steam is as popular as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Make sure after you beat it to play the Harley Quin DLC its worth it

I love both Batman games and can't wait to play the new one.
    Agreed. I've played both and can't wait for the new one. I'm just stuck deciding buying it new and maybe get the preorder bonus material or give it a year or so and get the GotY edition with all the additional goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post

Lol, he did have a link, if you clicked the word "this", granted it was real small to see and easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Agreed. I've played both and can't wait for the new one. I'm just stuck deciding buying it new and maybe get the preorder bonus material or give it a year or so and get the GotY edition with all the additional goodies.
    Yep I'm in the same boat even more so if they come out with DLC that was as good as the Harely DLC in AC.

I personally liked the Harely DLC but I heard many didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont think thats its not profitable as it was never ment to be.
    I'm pretty sure it was ment to be profitable from the beginning, what with trying to integrate Xbox Gold payment system into it and whatnot.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Sorry if it has been mentioned already, but I am a little uncertain since the Batman games still mention that you need GFWL.

If i buy the 2 Batman games on Steam Weekend Sale right now will they come with GFWL?

They won't. You're getting the new-and-improced SteamWorks versions. I had the old ones, the new ones appeared automagically yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They won't. You're getting the new-and-improced SteamWorks versions. I had the old ones, the new ones appeared automagically yesterday.
    Thank you. I am already downloading :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned already, but I am a little uncertain since the Batman games still mention that you need GFWL.

If i buy the 2 Batman games on Steam Weekend Sale right now will they come with GFWL?
    They don't contain GFWL anymore. I think it was removed right before it went on sale and since it was removed Steam is offering a sale on both. If you get it you only deal with the Steam DRM as usual.

I still have the old versions on my Steam btw. It simply added the other ones.