Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    He doesn't need to change RAM. 4GB RAM is enough for most things unless you run RAM intensive applications like virtual machines.
    Sorry I tell I lie, I was thinking of another thread whereby the ram was ddr2, that will teach me to skim the topic.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

10+ Year Old Account
    I just put a rig together for a friend of mine who all he does is play WoW on it. fx-6350, msi 970 board and paired with a 2gb 7850 and he loves it. Says he has no problems in LFR's or during his 10 man raids. All settings to ultra with I believe one or 2 of the settings turned down. Not sure which ones off the top of my head, but he never complains about frames or anything during raids. He was also on a budget and couldn't afford to go all the way intel.

IMO I feel like the 6300 or 6350 will be fine, yes WoW's old ass favors intel and nvidia and all that good jazz, but if on a budget you cant go wrong with that cpu

***not sure what his actual in game frames are, i can ask if the OP is curious
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixaler View Post
    I just put a rig together for a friend of mine who all he does is play WoW on it. fx-6350, msi 970 board and paired with a 2gb 7850 and he loves it. Says he has no problems in LFR's or during his 10 man raids. All settings to ultra with I believe one or 2 of the settings turned down. Not sure which ones off the top of my head, but he never complains about frames or anything during raids. He was also on a budget and couldn't afford to go all the way intel.

IMO I feel like the 6300 or 6350 will be fine, yes WoW's old ass favors intel and nvidia and all that good jazz, but if on a budget you cant go wrong with that cpu
    I can agree to that.
    - If you only care about wow performance, get i3 or i5.
    - Do you do other demanding things besides gaming, like e.g. video editing, streaming while gaming, ...? - get the FX-63x0 or an i5 (but i5 is more expensive)
    - For everthing else: doesn't matter.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Nixaler View Post
    Hardware requirements in 10's (and LFR) are significantly lower than 25's raiding and almost anything goes.

If on the other hand 25man raiding is highest priority, even i3-3xxx processor beats anything from AMD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Lets put it this way.

I'm running AMD FX-6300 at 3.5ghz. I run on Ultra with mutli-sampling x8, and ultra shadows. I have never dipped under 50 fps during 10man raids, I was raiding at 45 frames in 25man raids. Only place I struggle is in major cities.

Here is my setup.

AMD FX-6300
    8gb of 1600mhz ram
    ASRock 970 Extreme 3 mb
    Evga Nvidia GTX 660 (4gb)
    22" LCD Monitor at 1680 x 1050p
    23" LED Monitor at 1920 x1080p
    OCZ 650 PSU

I have absolutely no performance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    Lets put it this way.

I'm running AMD FX-6300 at 3.5ghz. I run on Ultra with mutli-sampling x8, and ultra shadows. I have never dipped under 50 fps during 10man raids, I was raiding at 45 frames in 25man raids.

I have absolutely no performance issues.
    Let's put it this way:

provide a video of you doing 25man Tortos or Lei Shen at 1920x1080 resolution with all settings on ultra without dropping below 45fps at any point, and I'll pm you a Blizz store code for any pet you want.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think he has the ultra sampling turned down and maybe shadows one notch, but those arent super important to him either in his gameplay. I'm kind of curious what my friends frames look like during all that. I would like to think that a system setup like that wouldnt dip below 20 or 25 during the super intense parts, but I haven't played WoW in years and outside of just reading/lurking in the games,gaming and hardware forum over there, my knowledge on how it plays is pbbbbbbbbbt.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    The price difference between i3 and i5 on the other hand is much higher than those performance differences. i3 is whole lot better value for money for budget builders.

In 99% of games including WoW you won't see any difference between 4GB and 8GB of RAM making it wasted money for OP.

ie. nowhere
    Actually my WoW can eat 1.3-1.8GB of RAM, and since I ONLY have 4GB, it's pretty maxed out, as in 90-100% when I play, according to the keyboard's LCD.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Actually my WoW can eat 1.3-1.8GB of RAM, and since I ONLY have 4GB, it's pretty maxed out, as in 90-100% when I play, according to the keyboard's LCD.
    What are you exactly running in the background which takes 2.7GB of RAM? The OS roughly takes 1GB, which leaves 1.7GB for what?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    2GB for WoW, 1GB for Windows. 4GB is totally fine, but with 8GB RAM you'll probably see bit faster loading between areas.
    Trolling should be.

Windows 7 is 1.3-1.4 GB, Windows 8 is probably more. Firefox/Chrome by themselves can easily eat 500 GB or more.

Its possible to make do with 4GB, but its better to get 6-8 GB if the budget allows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Firefox/Chrome by themselves can easily eat 500 GB or more.
    Guessing you mean 500 MB

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Windows 7 is 1.3-1.4 GB, Windows 8 is probably more.
    "Probably" isn't meeting with reality. Not today. Win8 was specifically built for lower system resource usage (according to Microsoft dev blogs), how would you otherwise run it on tablets?!?! The reality is that Win8's memory requirements are significantly lower than Vista or 7, in normal cases even under XP.

Current memory usage (according to Windows' Task Manager) for me is 200MB for the OS itself and another 300MB for apps, most of it taken by Firefox (two tabs atm, this and MMOC frontpage, Flash plugin that loads frontpage adds is 80MB). Next biggest RAM usage (45MB) comes from dropbox client.

Total is 500MB used for the OS and apps, and 1.8GB cached.
    Trolling should be.