Deleted

Unable to skin sue mobs

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed light on a issue I have.

I'm leveling skinning on a alt and find that 20% of the mobs I kill aren't skinnable?, I'm sure this wasn't the case when I levelled skinning in the past and its frustrating as you need more than 1 skin to level up.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc56a4b5efe2; 2013-08-24 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only skin beasts and only if they've been looted. So, naga, worgen and other beast-like races are humanoid and can't be skinned.

Deleted
    Understand that mate, but at present I'm killing the beasts in Nagrand, some after I loot them don't give me the option to skin them for some reason?

Also, thanks to mass looting, if you are on a quest that drops a quest item and you use mass loot on a bunch of skinnable mobs you can only loot the exact number you need for the quest. The other drops that you could have looted will stay on the bodies which can then not be looted and can't be skinned. I'm not sure if this applies once you have the number of items in your bags, but not turned in. That's what it sounds like though.

Edit- got any quests in your log that requires you to kill the beasts you are killing?
    Last edited by Promark; 2013-08-24 at 05:59 AM.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Also, thanks to mass looting, if you are on a quest that drops a quest item and you use mass loot on a bunch of skinnable mobs you can only loot the exact number you need for the quest. The other drops that you could have looted will stay on the bodies which can then not be looted and can't be skinned. I'm not sure if this applies once you have the number of items in your bags, but not turned in. That's what it sounds like though.

Edit- got any quests in your log that requires you to kill the beasts you are killing?
    Noticed that too.

Most likely your problem right here.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Seems its only the mobs that have nothing to loot that I can't skin, I can every mob where there is loot to be had but if there is nothing to loot I can't skin them, must be a bug i guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You can only skin beasts and only if they've been looted. So, naga, worgen and other beast-like races are humanoid and can't be skinned.
    Fun Fact: In Vanilla, TBC and WotLK (up until the day Playable worgen was announced) Worgen could be skinned...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If it has the word "skinnable" in the tooltip then there is no loot left on it and you may be able to skin it depending on skill level.. If that word is red your skill level is not high enough.
    If the word skinnable is not on the tooltip then loot remains on the mob. It may be a quest item you have already collected enough of, or a drop for another party member if you are in a group.
    If you see the word skinable, and you skill level is high enough, but nothing happens when you try to skin, it may be a bug, try logging out and in. Or, it could be an addon conflict. If you installed anything new lately that may be the culprit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Fun Fact: In Vanilla, TBC and WotLK (up until the day Playable worgen was announced) Worgen could be skinned...
    It would of been cool if you could skin Worgen players now, even if you just skinned a grey item it would of been an awesome flavor action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanglord1 View Post
    It would of been cool if you could skin Worgen players now, even if you just skinned a grey item it would of been an awesome flavor action.
    And Tauren!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    And Tauren!
    And space goats..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Darthius View Post
    Seems its only the mobs that have nothing to loot that I can't skin, I can every mob where there is loot to be had but if there is nothing to loot I can't skin them, must be a bug i guess?
    Which mob is it? Some mobs are marked as beast but you still can't skin them because it's be "easy farming" and got nerfed at some point.

Naming the mob you are having issues with will help out a lot so we can pinpoint what might be the issue(s). Also, I am assuming you are solo and not in any group at all.