Page 1 of 3
LastLast

TSM - Dyrus vs Regi, whos right here?

Im not TSM fun but I watched Dyrus stream and saw the "fight" between Dyrus and Reginald. I think its very bad that the team owner is a player at the same time. I think regi is provoking people all the time. And then he saying something like "you can leave" because hes the boss. Not fair and rude.

Dyrus' Response
    Regi's Response

Xpecial's Facebook post:
    In light of the events of this morning, I have been compelled to share some of my thoughts on what was going through my mind and my reaction to it all.

What I saw this morning resulted from pent up frustration from both parties and should have been never been streamed. Dyrus was going through solo queue frustration, while Dan, Turtle and Regi were laughing about the OGN games behind him and were indeed quite loud.

It was out of line for Dyrus to tell everyone in the room, including myself who was also playing a solo queue game, to "shut up." Naturally, everyone in the room was shocked, as seemingly nothing had provoked it and Dan asks, "wait why did Dyrus tell us to shut up?" Regi then asks for an explanation from Dyrus and since Dyrus' outburst was solely out of frustration, he had nothing to say, he knew he was wrong and instead should have asked everyone to be quiet nicely. Regi presses him for an answer and Dyrus then apologizes fairly sarcastically (he tells me this himself later on). It should have been over at this point.

Because of Dyrus' sarcastic answer and because it was obvious that he was wrong, Regi decided to press him for an answer. It was clear to me that Dyrus would have nothing to say, it is impossible to defend yourself at this point, as he did in fact screw up. Everything after this point is a result of Regi wanting to press for an answer from someone who was wrong with no way to get out.

This even escalated to the point where we were forced to cancel one of our scrims and hindered the remaining scrims as team synergy and morale were at a low.

As a player, a friend and a teammate, it is difficult to defend either person, as neither side could be have said to be in the right. One had a clear outbreak of frustration and the other should have not drilled so hard for an answer.

For the community to pour so much energy to defend one that is guilty and chastise the other makes me wonder how much effort is put in to fully understand the situation.

As for me and the rest of TSM, we are going to put this behind us as we prepare for playoffs at PAX Prime. We don't have the time to be worrying about something as silly as this.

Alex Chu
    Xpecial
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-08-24 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dyrus 100% Regi was being a dick, Dyrus said sorry, Regi wouldn't let it go.

I actually felt a bit bad for Dyrus, it got kinda awkward and I had to stop watching when the music kicked in :S
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    None of them was right.

Dyrus should've been polite and not said "shut the fuck up"; Regi should've let it go.

Regi is right, it's not fun to be around someone being pissy telling people to shut up, and Dyrus is right that Regi is too stubborn.

And that 'sorry' was really pathetic.. if you can't muster up a proper apology, don't bother.

Regi was clearly annoying. Dyrus did nothing wrong. (if someone is pissed, you leave them alone, but Regi decided not to, that's his problem)

Dyrus overreacted but then Regi went on a "HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME IN FRONT OF YOUR VIEWERS! YOU MUST APOLOGIZE TO YOUR OVERLORD NOW" rant.

15+ Year Old Account
    To get that upset and to badger Dyrus that hard over the phrase "shut up" is ridiculous. Regi was looking for any means to perpetuate the argument, and kept it going for no reason other than to make Dyrus feel like shit. He essentially threatened his job as well.

Bottom line, Regi is a child and a bully.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

reginald is a horrible player, only on TSM due to being owner, kinda like hotshot was with CLG.

Force him out might actually do something in LCS.

Reginald as a player has moments of pure brilliance (recent Ahri plays) but equally makes some very stupid calls / plays (recent Zilean play). As a person however - he's as unbearable as it gets. In this recent outburst, he's playing out the "I'm the boss" drivel and moreso because his brother is sitting there too.

Deleted
    Everything has been said.

Imo, Reginald comes across as a cunt and deserves no respect. It's obvious from the way he talks down to everyone that he feels superior and everybody else is wrong, he even says so.

Also, they're supposed to be friends. If my friend told me to "shut the fuck up" I'd be like aight, he/she is in a mood, think nothing of it, move in, it's not a big deal, but Regi is prick. It's obvious the other players on TSM have had enough with his shit, Dyrus bringing up how Regi talks to Xpecial is another example.

Deleted
    Yeah I feel like regi is just an all around bad influence on his team, and that with another player they could grow closer together and perform better. I wouldn't be sad if the team disbanded only to reform as a new team with all members minus regi. Then regi could be picked possibly by another team but without any power to be a constant bitch, or not continue playing at all. I honestly don't give a shit about what regi does, as long as his other current team mates can play with more positive energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an acceptable discussion, but lets keep it civil.

While Dyrus shouldn't have snapped at them, Regi completely over reacted and gave Dyrus an ultimatum over pretty much nothing. It's happened before, and it's only going to happen again as long as the same roster exists and they aren't winning as much as they were. It's sad, but I don't see it going anywhere unless something happens. I would not be surprised to see Dyrus leave for a different team after the season is done.

Also edited in Dyrus and Regi's responses to the OP. Added Xpecial's response as well.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-08-24 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares. Drama seems to be the standard for TSM. But that's just my opinion.

This is why we will not see this roster of TSM next year. Dyrus and Xpecial will leave and join another team or make their own.

As for the whole arguement. It's funny that Reggie gets upset when people are being loud and will tell them to "Shut the fuck up," but when he is being loud and obnoxious and gets told to "shut the fuck up." He starts to get pissed off. I do think it's funny that Dyrus wasn't even sorry and just said it to get Reggie of his back.

Reggie is just way too immature and he really thought he can get away with this type of stuff. But when the 6k+ reddit thread came about it and every single person in there was saying how stupid Reggie is and is a bully and needs to go. He tried to make a 45min sob story vlog about how nobody listens to him and nobody will do anything. If people don't listen to him he should look reasons why they aren't listening to him.

Xpecial/Dyrus/Oddone are there to just play the game and go to worlds. Turtle is just there because he is good and I really don't think he takes the game seriously enough. I think they are just tired of listening to somebody bitch and whine all the time yet never once take any blame for anything he has ever done. So they just shut/tune him out.

Here's a longer, and better upload of Regi's vlog.

Deleted
    NA teams in a nutshell, all about the drama. Lets hope C9 can stick to being the team they are even when they hit an inevitable rough patch.

Deleted
    I said this in the chat thread but they have both acted childishly and immaturely.

A) It's a professional gaming house at the top of their league. Their gaming room should be treated as a work space and people streaming or practicing should be given due respect and concentration. The fact that people were dicking around in the background whilst Dyrus was trying to concentrate should never have happened if they had a decent level of self control and professionalism.

B) Dyrus didn't ask politely. He didn't say sorry guys, I'm really trying to stream and soloQ here, can you take the conversation a bit quieter or in another room? He just snapped "Shut up, Shut up", but in his defense, he apologised pretty quickly.

C) Regi over reacted like a child and a bully. Instead of just saying okay, you're streaming, we'll talk about this later, he went hardcore pushing the argument when he knew Dyrus was already in a stressful game and was streaming. Dyrus apologised, Regi kept baiting him and verbally harrassing him. As the team captain, Regi should know when people are stressed, he should understand that people can snap, and he should have the maturity to have an adult discussion about it at an appropriate time.

Honestly I think its been handled badly, silly drama over things that shouldn't be an issue if they were running their team with some degree of maturity, self control and professionalism. I'm a big fan of TSM but I'm seriously having my doubts as to how they can ever work together as a team when this is the kind of stuff that's taking up their energy and time, let alone how they can have respect for each other when this is how they're treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I said this in the chat thread but they have both acted childishly and immaturely.

A) It's a professional gaming house at the top of their league. Their gaming room should be treated as a work space and people streaming or practicing should be given due respect and concentration. The fact that people were dicking around in the background whilst Dyrus was trying to concentrate should never have happened if they had a decent level of self control and professionalism.

B) Dyrus didn't ask politely. He didn't say sorry guys, I'm really trying to stream and soloQ here, can you take the conversation a bit quieter or in another room? He just snapped "Shut up, Shut up", but in his defense, he apologised pretty quickly.

C) Regi over reacted like a child and a bully. Instead of just saying okay, you're streaming, we'll talk about this later, he went hardcore pushing the argument when he knew Dyrus was already in a stressful game and was streaming. Dyrus apologised, Regi kept baiting him and verbally harrassing him. As the team captain, Regi should know when people are stressed, he should understand that people can snap, and he should have the maturity to have an adult discussion about it at an appropriate time.

Honestly I think its been handled badly, silly drama over things that shouldn't be an issue if they were running their team with some degree of maturity, self control and professionalism. I'm a big fan of TSM but I'm seriously having my doubts as to how they can ever work together as a team when this is the kind of stuff that's taking up their energy and time, let alone how they can have respect for each other when this is how they're treated.
    pretty much this

I also don't like how regi was just sitting behind him in his vlog listening and what not
    come to reginald's vlog and he isn't being watched over
    seems unfair to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    reginald is a horrible player, only on TSM due to being owner, kinda like hotshot was with CLG.

Force him out might actually do something in LCS.
    Horrible player? Really? Regi is one of the most consistent and best midlaners in NA behind only Link and Mancloud.

Deleted
    uh yeah that's not regi